Page 100 of 115 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 2859

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

A cheap set of roto-toms for $99.00. My kid wanted an inexpensive way to expand his set so I bought him the Kalos (Mendini by Cecelio) set. He's chuffed. And a Stedman Pro drumstick bag ($8.50) and attached it to the floor tom.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Howzit; 04-18-2017 at 02:26 PM.
    Better the devil you know, than you don't know! (Better the devil you know, the real devil is me!)

User Info Menu

GC is having their Guitar a thon sale that started today. Bought a pair of Vater Whip sticks/brush hybrid. 16" long 5A wooden handle and poly brushes or rods. Try them out at practice tomorrow night.

User Info Menu

Put down the new puzzle mat today.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by Howzit; 04-22-2017 at 02:32 AM.
    Better the devil you know, than you don't know! (Better the devil you know, the real devil is me!)

User Info Menu

Practiced with my jam band tonight. Argh! I used matched grip for the whole session-that was fine but the bass had just had 2 Red Bulls and "sped" the whole time and needed 2 band aids for his beat up fingers. I don't know what the lead had but it must've been delusionary.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Woodshedded for 2 hours. Now I'm tired.

User Info Menu

Bought a new 20" ride today. $70. Made in China at the Jinshengyuan factory, which is the same one that makes Arborea and other cymbals. B20, hand hammered....I loved the sound in the store, but we'll see what it's like at tomorrow's gig.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I have a CB700 14x6.5 steel snare that's giving me problems. Can't get rid of this buzzing sound. If you hit dead center sounds good, go for a roll or hit near the edge BUZZ! Changed the reso tuned tight but not choking, the batter is a Remo CS reverse dot also tuned tight. Centered​ the snare wires and checked for any bad wires. Did some research online and found some tips . The last tip I haven't tried was changing the wires. The ones I have are 20, but I'm thinking of going 25 or 30.

User Info Menu

Went out to my studio where my MCX's are of which I have not touch in like 8 months. Got behind the kit and did a roll around all the drums and was surprised that the sound has not changed. I still say that those darn Die Cast Hoops hold the tune forever. Love them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Went out to my studio where my MCX's are of which I have not touch in like 8 months. Got behind the kit and did a roll around all the drums and was surprised that the sound has not changed. I still say that those darn Die Cast Hoops hold the tune forever. Love them.
    Why don't you sell them. Shame that such a great kit is going to waste.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Why don't you sell them. Shame that such a great kit is going to waste.
    I have been debating on selling them now for over a year but still cant bring my self to do it. The way I look at it they are there in case I get that urge to play them. I have been so busy that have not had anytime for them. It is a shame cause they are great sounding drums.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I have been debating on selling them now for over a year but still cant bring my self to do it. The way I look at it they are there in case I get that urge to play them. I have been so busy that have not had anytime for them. It is a shame cause they are great sounding drums.
    If you ever decide to pull the trigger........let me know.

User Info Menu

I just upgraded from the SPD-30 to the SPD-SX so I could take advantage of sampling. Spent a couple of hours tonight getting sounds off the SPD-30 since it comes with a lot more than the SX.

User Info Menu

Changed back to 1 up 2 down
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Changed back to 1 up 2 down
    Nice!!!

User Info Menu

Finally got that buzz under control, we auditioned a new guitarist/bassist. She doesn't mind playing either what ever is needed. It went well , she has to put some ducks in a row and is ready to play. Our first gig together is in a couple of weeks

User Info Menu

Band rehearsal.

User Info Menu

Went out and played a local open mic jam

Me1.jpg
    Me2.jpg
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Practicing rudiments for my N.A.R.D. exam.
    Parcticing open handed amidextrous / independence exercises from the Jim Chapin Independence Open End book.
    Working on charts from Mahavishnu Orchestra "Inner Mountring Flame." Rapidly learning that Billy Cobham is not only a world class drummer but also a formidable athlete.

User Info Menu

Stopped at the local GC to pick up a new head for my 13" Pearl snare. Noticed they are having a special sale on used gear when you trade-in/trade-up. Also saw a 3pc Ludwig USA shell pack that tried to follow me home. I think I'll go back tomorrow and see what kind of a deal I can make for my PDP Concepts...
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Broke down and purchased a set of Red Hydraulics for my gigging kit-er-oney. Pics, soon.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Put together my 6 piece Mapex Orion for tonight's gig...I rarely get to use a 6 piece, gonna be fun!6 piece Mapex.jpg

User Info Menu

Rock it out, tonight, Funky! Set up looks ready!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Band rehearsal, horrible, song list keeps changing like underwear add songs, take away songs, I never played a wedding I guess everything has to be perfect.

User Info Menu

Red heads starting to arrive. No, Rick, not what you are thinking.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Auditioned another bass player and another guitar player that didn't show up. The bass player is well seasoned and we hit it off right away. Going to try again Sunday with the singer. Also rented a studio with a house kit, I just had to bring cymbals. They provide a 4pc kit Pearl, Tama, or Groove Percussion with decent Aquarian heads. Hi hat stand, boom stand, 2 straight stands, DW3000 pedal, riser, and a big Roc-Soc throne. If you need cymbals they are $10 each flat rental fee. I brought cymbals, throne, pedal, snare, and a boom stand.