Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 2,576 to 2,582 of 2582

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

I have to figure out how to upload photos again... but wait till you see what I bought this weekend!!!!
    What a nerd I am
    19pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 5pc Gretsch Energy | 41 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

Test
    19pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 5pc Gretsch Energy | 41 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

Meant to post this a couple days ago, but I've been pretty busy.
    I bought a new drum case...big enough to fit ALL my drums into...and my cymbals.....and hardware. The best part is, it cost less than my new Ludwig Centennial kit;

IMG_0280.jpg

It's a little "rough", but runs like a top, drives good, everything works (including the dual AC)...and it was only $850. All the back seats are removed, so it's basically just a cargo van now. Managed to get all our band equipment in it for Friday nights gig. Driven it about 300 miles so far and averaged just over 20 MPG.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Wow Ford Aerostar! What year is it? 88, 89? My high school ex-girlfriend mom had one same color but shorter. We did everything in that van! Good times, what I wouldn't do to be 17 again! Congrats on your new band hauler...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goro View Post
    Wow Ford Aerostar! What year is it? 88, 89? My high school ex-girlfriend mom had one same color but shorter. We did everything in that van! Good times, what I wouldn't do to be 17 again! Congrats on your new band hauler...
    Actually, it's a '95. It's pretty rusty along the rocker panels...or what's left of them, LOL. 225K miles, so it's pretty much "broke in". Everything squeaks and rattles, but everything works. I really just needed something to drive besides my 04 Mustang GT. My wife's '97 Mountaineer finally died and she adopted my F250...so I needed to find cheap transportation. For $850, I figure if it gets me through until Spring, I'll be happy. In the mean time, it's nice having a van to haul band equipment. MUCH easier to load than a pickup truck with a topper!
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Pimpmobile!
    Six piece birch Mapex kit, a Black Panther Blade snare drum, Sabian cymbals, and Vater Drumsticks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Pimpmobile!
    Yep. I figure if being the drummer in a Bluegrass/Blues band isn't enough, driving a rusted out van that looks like a cross between the space shuttle and a Whirlpool refrigerator should REALLY push the Chics "over the top"....
    -Brian