Page 104 of 115 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 2859

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

I have to figure out how to upload photos again... but wait till you see what I bought this weekend!!!!
    What a nerd I am

User Info Menu

Test

User Info Menu

Meant to post this a couple days ago, but I've been pretty busy.
    I bought a new drum case...big enough to fit ALL my drums into...and my cymbals.....and hardware. The best part is, it cost less than my new Ludwig Centennial kit;

IMG_0280.jpg

It's a little "rough", but runs like a top, drives good, everything works (including the dual AC)...and it was only $850. All the back seats are removed, so it's basically just a cargo van now. Managed to get all our band equipment in it for Friday nights gig. Driven it about 300 miles so far and averaged just over 20 MPG.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Wow Ford Aerostar! What year is it? 88, 89? My high school ex-girlfriend mom had one same color but shorter. We did everything in that van! Good times, what I wouldn't do to be 17 again! Congrats on your new band hauler...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goro View Post
    Wow Ford Aerostar! What year is it? 88, 89? My high school ex-girlfriend mom had one same color but shorter. We did everything in that van! Good times, what I wouldn't do to be 17 again! Congrats on your new band hauler...
    Actually, it's a '95. It's pretty rusty along the rocker panels...or what's left of them, LOL. 225K miles, so it's pretty much "broke in". Everything squeaks and rattles, but everything works. I really just needed something to drive besides my 04 Mustang GT. My wife's '97 Mountaineer finally died and she adopted my F250...so I needed to find cheap transportation. For $850, I figure if it gets me through until Spring, I'll be happy. In the mean time, it's nice having a van to haul band equipment. MUCH easier to load than a pickup truck with a topper!
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Pimpmobile!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Pimpmobile!
    Yep. I figure if being the drummer in a Bluegrass/Blues band isn't enough, driving a rusted out van that looks like a cross between the space shuttle and a Whirlpool refrigerator should REALLY push the Chics "over the top"....
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Yep. I figure if being the drummer in a Bluegrass/Blues band isn't enough, driving a rusted out van that looks like a cross between the space shuttle and a Whirlpool refrigerator should REALLY push the Chics "over the top"....
    lol!!! What happened to this ride?

FC2A443C-5324-42F5-8DE0-C231D6EAA072_zpswue3bf2o.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    lol!!! What happened to this ride?

FC2A443C-5324-42F5-8DE0-C231D6EAA072_zpswue3bf2o.jpg
    That actually belongs to the brother of our lead singer/mandolin player. It's currently "out of commission". He's on his 3rd motor, LOL. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and he's kinda hard on his toys.
    I guess I should just sandblast my van and let it develop a nice patina!
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I guess I should just sandblast my van and let it develop a nice patina!
    Sure why not? Add a snow plow and earn a few bucks when gigs slow down during them cold Nebraska nights!!

1990-ford-aerostar-1.jpg

User Info Menu

Backed up one of the best blues guitarists in my area tonight. I played a house kit but still had a lot of fun.

FB_IMG_1513230877808.jpg

Last edited by DrumWhipper; 12-14-2017 at 04:46 AM.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Nada. I'm in kind of a funk.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Backed up one of the best blues guitarists in my area tonight. I played a house kit but still had a lot of fun.

FB_IMG_1513230877808.jpg

Great job Whipper!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Thank you!

User Info Menu

I haven't touched my drums in a month.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I haven't touched my drums in a month.
    How do you expect to improve?

User Info Menu

Finally polished all my cymbals. I hate the smell of metal on my hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    Great job Whipper!
    +1

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    How do you expect to improve?
    Damn good question.

User Info Menu

Played for an hour. Worked on Clave with Brazilian method book and Jazz ride with Jack Henna book, frustrating as hell but starting to sound better.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

After about a week of inactivity.....finally got behind the kit and practiced for about an hour. Still not feeling it.

User Info Menu

Picked up a killer deal on a 16" Sabian AA china!
    I was going to make it into a Stax but it sounds soooo good I decided to rearrange some cymbals and put it on the kit!
    So awesome

User Info Menu

After spending the last four months recording at my friend's home studio every Saturday afternoon, I brought the DW kit home for a complete head swap. Gonna go all Aquarian heads this time around. Awaiting the arrival of coated Studio X for tom batters and Classic Clears for resos. I'm trying two different Super Kick batters for the bass drum and have the coated SK3 on now but intend to eventually use the clear SK2.

F4E6F23F-CFBD-4408-A873-A72EACB39B7F_zps5y1ats6z.jpg

25558EFB-517C-476D-8621-EDF83AA3B7C0_zpsh1ek3gup.jpg
    Last edited by late8; 01-04-2018 at 10:02 AM.

User Info Menu

such a nice kit!
    Good luck with new heads!

User Info Menu

Have not touched my drums since Thanksgiving.