Page 101 of 115 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2859

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

Wife told me this morning to get the drums out of the extra bedroom so she can begin setting it up for our baby girl. It's time for her to go into her own room. Lo and behold there is now a six piece Mapex kit in my dining room lol.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Had band practice last night new singer came along with a violinist. Very good practice and very productive, we got to get right and tight.

User Info Menu

I went down to my local drum shop and ordered a Ludwig Classic Maple shell pack: 8x12, 14x14, and 14x22 in Black Sparkle with Classic hardware. After 30 years, I'm back to traditional sizes ...
    Last edited by dangermoney; 05-24-2017 at 06:35 AM.

User Info Menu

Started making my internal trigger baskets
    snareekit.jpg
    MY KIT
    LUDWIG CLASSIC MAPLE SALESMAN
    13, hanging toms,16 ,18 floor toms,24 Kick, 14x5.5 snare,
    CYMBALS
    Paiste 2002 ,22 big beat , 18 med , 18 crash , 16 crash , 18 china , 14 sound edge hats

User Info Menu

Put new Evans Calftones on Toms and Bass Drums - love the warmth and tone of these heads:
    [IMG]20170525-_DSC2504_5_6_tonemapped by stuart_foreman_07960, on Flickr[/IMG]

User Info Menu

That looks awesome. I'd have to take out a loan to replace all those heads at once, LOL.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Thanks Brian

User Info Menu

Last week...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    System of Power

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Seforeman View Post
    Put new Evans Calftones on Toms and Bass Drums - love the warmth and tone of these heads:
    Gorgeous...................hours of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    That looks awesome. I'd have to take out a loan to replace all those heads at once, LOL.
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by hellride View Post
    Last week...

Ouch

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Seforeman View Post
    Gorgeous...................hours of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by hellride View Post
    Last week...

Ouch

User Info Menu

Ordered a new cymbal bag and it came in today. Taking it to band practice tomorrow, will see how much it holds.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goro View Post
    Ordered a new cymbal bag and it came in today. Taking it to band practice tomorrow, will see how much it holds.
    Cool..............what did you get?

User Info Menu

Practiced...and it sounds like crap...
    Can't find a comfortable setup (lowered the hihat half an inch, helped a little) and my cheapy pedals really feels...CHEAP
    System of Power

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Cool..............what did you get?
    A ChromaCast 20" bag. Saw a YouTube video a guy got the same bag for $9- I believe. He said he ordered it from Walmart and did a short video. So I did some research and found the same bag on clearance for $11. Plus tax and store pickup instead of shipped to my house, I paid $12.83. Used it this past Friday and held 5 cymbals so far. Nylon/canvas material , quilted padding, front zipper pocket, and shoulder strap. Not to bad for what it's worth .

User Info Menu

Practiced 5,9,17 stroke rudiments in 3/4 & 6/8 time

Enjoy the little things in life because one day you`ll look back and realize they were the big things.

-Karrie

User Info Menu

Drum parts came in today, new tension rods, snare wires, and reso head. First time buying an Aquarian head so far so good.

User Info Menu

Practiced with a different band last night. They have a big event booked in August and their drummer can't play it due to other commitments...so I was asked to play the gig in his stead.

Played 35 songs that I've never played before. Half of them I'd heard, the other half I had no clue. Kept it simple, followed the bassist, played by feel and instinct and watched for cues on the breaks. They were (by their words and reactions) happy with the results...even seemed to appreciate my staying in the pocket and reserved playing.

I'll listen to the songs over the next several weeks and we'll practice two more times. I'm confident it will go well. Best part; I'll make more playing one 90min. gig with them than playing three 4hr gigs with my own band.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Sold a kit. Now I'm wondering what to put in its space?

Right now I'm doing rug angels. lol
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Sold a kit. Now I'm wondering what to put in its space?

Right now I'm doing rug angels. lol
    I have a PDP Maple kit that would fill that empty spot on your rug nicely. OR.....maybe a vintage Premier kit in Black Shadow?
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Had the second practice tonight as a fill-in drummer for another band. Played all 35 songs again. It went much better now that I've heard all the songs once, LOL. We'll have one more practice before the gig in 3 weeks.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Had rehearsal yesterday and in went great. We started off as a trio the guitar player is our band leader and knows how to network. In two weeks at our next rehearsal we are expecting 9 people. I never was a big fan of big productions but this is going to be big. We got some things lined up until the end of summer.

User Info Menu

Got an hour on the kit yesterday and 45 minutes today. Mostly doing our lesson, but also played 3-4 songs for fun.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

My band (in its new configuration) has a (debut) gig this Saturday; we have two new members and because the last gig was SO POLISHED, I'm a little anxious over this one.
    I put in about 4 hours over the weekend just going over stuff -- it makes me feel better.
    We only have 4 (out of 34 on the set-list for this gig) new songs but I like to keep going over the old stuff too.

Hey Seforeman........................
    I see at least 4 or 5 more places you can add some stuff !
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Played a 2hr gig yesterday afternoon (6pm-8pm) in the park. Brutal hot....101* with heat index of around 110*.

Glad it wasn't tonight; expecting 104* by 6pm and a heat index of 115*
    -Brian

User Info Menu

I put my 10" tom back on the kit to play 2 up and managed to beat the snot out of my pinky finger on my now badly positioned ride cymbal. I think I've been playing 1 up, 1 down for about 9 months and got used to knowing where the ride cymbal was - now I haven't got a clue unless I stare at it. Today's practice session wasn't good, at all...