Thread: What is this I don't even...

User Info Menu

Default What is this I don't even...

So I got a cajon for my birthday. You know, those things you sit on and play between your legs. You could say Peruvian Box Drum... but that takes too long. Anyway, I got the Tycoon Percussion Series 29 Acrylic Cajon and it was messed. up.

The back of it seems to have been shoved into the drum. The wrapping and packaging were perfectly fine. So what I want to know is if some subtle nudge on the cajon messed it up or if it was a unusually strong force applied to the back. The rest of the cajon is in mint condition, it's just the back was... misplaced (for lack of a better word).

The back was glued to the cajon but only seemed to stick in the corners. Everything else seems to have been pulled away from the cajon quite easily.

User Info Menu

Default Re: What is this I don't even...

Man that looks bizarre but I'm no expert. Are you sure it's not made that way?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I know it was supposed to be on the back because the corners are still there and there are abrasions all the way around that may have been glue. I'm debating refund or replace and it depends on if this was a lemon or if the acrylic is too fragile.

User Info Menu

Definitely looks like it got messed up somehow. I'd vote for replacement if it looks un-repairable.

User Info Menu

Busted stuff is an immediate return. I wouldn't have even asked the question.

The only two constants I have are DW and Zildjian.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nechre View Post
    Busted stuff is an immediate return. I wouldn't have even asked the question.
    I'm definitely returning it. But do I return it and get the same thing (but unbroken) or ask for money back. I don't want to buy another if it's fragile.

User Info Menu

acrylic just screams fragile to me, especially if it's glued together. I would vote to get something else.

The only two constants I have are DW and Zildjian.

User Info Menu

So I guess this is partial closure. I returned and got a new one. I'm a little afraid to open the box though. We'll hope it doesn't fall apart on me.

Sorry for the terrible pics guys. I'm no *insert famous concert photographer name here*.

Well I'm stumped. My picture won't show up at all.
    Last edited by hardrockalternative; 12-06-2010 at 09:46 PM.

User Info Menu

Well, was it busted?
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Bum deal HRA, hope this one is better.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

If I were you I would return it. When you do open the box in the store and examine it before you take it home. As for exchanging for a better one might be a problem depending on the store. One problem you will have is proving that it was damaged in the box cause you said it is in perfect condition ( box). Anyway good luck.

User Info Menu

FINAL STATEMENT (so serious ): I had gotten another one from Amazing (they're returns due to problems with the product are fairly simple) and this one broke upon opening. The Allen wrench needed for any adjustments was taped to a support inside the cajon and just reaching inside to remove it broke the back (in the same place as the first box, although not the the extent of the first).

I am returning, never to order again, leaving a curt review, and going to shop Meinl.