Thread: I Got It......

User Info Menu

Default I Got It......

Finally, I was practicing my singles, relaxing and all the sudden, SHIZAM (LOL) I just kept speeding up, woooooooooo flippin' hooooooooooo..... My arms, hands and fingers hurt like a SOB........ Sorry for the slurs, I'm just so excited!!!!!

User Info Menu

Woo hoo!

User Info Menu

It happens that way. You just wake up one day and you're suddenly better at it. Practice pays off!
    - Tom

Save up to 70% OFF CLEARANCE ITEMS!
    From T-shirts to stickers to drum accessories, get the absolute lowest pricing on clearance merchandise from Drum Bum!.

Click here for Clearance Items

When you shop at Drum Bum or BuyGifts.com, you help with the costs of operating DrumChat.com. Please consider patronizing their fine stores. Whether you need unique music gifts for friends or just want a a little something for yourself, Drum Bum is the place!

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.
    That will also allow you to be eligible to win a free drum T-shirt. Drum Bum gives away a free T-shirt every month!

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

It sure does! I'm actually shocked..........

User Info Menu

WOOOOO! your getting better drum_chick. Getting better fast

User Info Menu

Well done! Great job, Drum Chick. I am following your steps, soon I'll get the speed too!. My teacher said exactly what I'm hearing: One day you just wakle up and things just seem lot easier and fluent.
    Congratulations, mainly because the more you learn, the more you enjoy it.

User Info Menu

nice, relaxing is the key.

User Info Menu

yer thats what kept inspiring me and still does. every time i nail something that is so frustrating to pick up, i get motivated to go on to the next thing and keep getting better at what i was trying to learn offcourse.

User Info Menu

Isn it so much easyer when ur not straning and you feel relaxed!

User Info Menu

yer it is. even the sticks feel so smooth in the hands after a while! they were a struggle at the start....especially the left hand LOL

User Info Menu

I do have to say that I'm getting faster but I can only do it for a short time, is that normal? Also, when you get faster does your hold on the sticks change? I read somewhere that you will only be holding the stick between your index finger and your thumb with the other 4 fingers kind of "out of the way"? Am I making sense? I also read somewhere that the sticks will kind of "bounce" when you get faster, is this true? Sorry for rambling........

User Info Menu

yes, i understand what you are saying. yes it is true. At first, watching dvd's on technique etc, I thought how the do they hold the sticks like that and still control them. well i understand now! the sticks began to feel the most comfortable after a couple of years and every day when i picked the sticks up, they just kept getting smoother and more comfortable and they still do three years into it.