Thread: I can't wait til 2011

User Info Menu

Talking I can't wait til 2011

Ah... The holidays.

A happy time, an exciting time, the best time of the year. Or at least that's what the songs say.

I can hardly wait for 2011. I'm without a doubt getting cymbals one way or another, i'm getting new batters and resos... My kit's going to sound wonderful on the recordings... Oh, wait, that was supposed to be saved for later! :O

Anyway, my band is finally coming together after a busy summer and fall. Between jobs, sports, and trigonometry, we've all been booked, nonstop. I find the busiest time of the year is the least busy for us.

My band is finally having a serious practice this sunday. We're hopefully going to finish this song i've been writing... I've written like 30 songs over the past month and a half; just for fun, anyway. We're rehearsing Before I Forget for the millionth time, we're working on technical stuff, like mics and recording software, and we're doing it ALL DAY. This may not seem exciting to all of you, but i'm as giddy as a kid on the night before Christmas because now I know I can FINALLY have some material up for you guys. Material that won't include Camber cymbals. Which is essentially the reason i did'nt put up any recordings or anything, because i didn't want to put up dreadful-sounding drums. Same goes for pictures, too. I didn't want to put up Cambers up next to te beautiful drumkits all of you guys own.

While i'm boring you to death (i'm sorry, like I said, i'm very hapoy, i just had to let that out) i've been meaning to say that my band will be doing two covers (maybe three) before any of our own stuff gets recorded. We'll be doing Nightmare and A Little Piece of Heaven (who we will get a girl singer to do her respective parts, like the shriek and the duet with Shadows). The only thing i'm not looking forward to: i'm singing lead. Now that's a real nightmare X__X

Sorry about the essay, guys. I like writing. Unfortunately.
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

Default Re: I can't wait til 2011

Awesome, man! Glad to hear everything is coming together.
    Matt

User Info Menu

not all of us have the most awesomest kits and cymbals!!
    MAPEX MAFIA

User Info Menu

Rock on bro can't wait to hear it!!! All day practices are where it's at. My schedule is everyone shows up at 12-1 and we jam til like 8. It's a lot of effort but it pays off in the long run. Just remember that the metal genre is in need of INDIVIDUALS. There's soooo many wanna-be Devil Wears Paradas and Attack Attack Attacks and A Day to Remembers out there the best thing you can do is have your own sound. Spend time writing your drum parts and don't settle for anything simple unless it fits perfectly. Same goes for guitarists and the like. You can't make it in the metal/hardcore genre with simplicity nowadays. Good luck!
    I am currently suffering from gear acquisition syndrome. Will trade soul for drum gear. Donations accepted.

-Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive 5-piece
    -SP Hardware
    -Gibraltar Avenger DB-Pedal
    -PST5 Cymbals

"Uncontrollable urticaria drivel spurting" -a sentence spawned from the half a word story.

User Info Menu

Good to see you back jordison! Glad to hear that things are going so well for you! It's always nice to hear what's going on in someone else's life.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys.

Constinator, that is very, very true. Luckily for us, however, we hate The Devil Wears Prada with a passion. I know, that's mean, I shouldn't be criticizing anyones music, but... it's so unoriginal. Like you said.

PB, always happy to share. Even though I really shouldn't, I like talking about it because it kind of lifts a weight off my shoulders in a way.
    Yohin, I know, i'm really, really excited. I wish we could get around to practicing more now that sports (or, well, serious sports) are over, we can finally resume practicing.
    Chafey, amen. amen.

Check it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jordison515 View Post
    Constinator, that is very, very true. Luckily for us, however, we hate The Devil Wears Prada with a passion. I know, that's mean, I shouldn't be criticizing anyones music, but... it's so unoriginal. Like you said.
    I am looking forward to their next full length. Seems like they kinda started to pull it together with the Zombie EP. However I wouldn't say they're unoriginal. They were one of the first in the post-hardcore genre. I don't like them personally because of their vocalist and how their stuff seems to be haphazardly thrown together. No idea why their so popular...
    I am currently suffering from gear acquisition syndrome. Will trade soul for drum gear. Donations accepted.

-SP Hardware
    -PST5 Cymbals

"Uncontrollable urticaria drivel spurting" -a sentence spawned from the half a word story.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: I can't wait til 2011

Nothing wrong with being a writer, man!

Sounds like this could be your best year ever!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Its 2011... :D

So now that I've got everything I need (except for a snare stand, mine cracked while I was adjusting it? I didn't know that could happen but, ok) I'm ready for battle. I just wrote a song, a really long one. Woo! 5 verses, three choruses, two solos... I've been spreading the word about this song, its pretty special. The closest I can get to telling you guys what its about without telling you what its about: the life of Louis XVI of France. That's as close as I got.

We finally have weekly practices now. Every saturday! Yay! I think you guys are due for two songs by the end of february and a demo/ep by october/november, november the latest. The demo will be called Some Pass, Many Stay. It will have at most 7 songs including a cover of Avenged Sevenfold's Brompton c.o.c.k.tail (if that comes up as the stars it's a drink, not a...) . If any of you percussionists out there would like to help us with the bongos and stuff in the beginning of that song, it would be greatly, greatly appreciated. We haven't decided exactly what songs are going to be on the demo, since there are many more to be written and many more ideas to be had.

I recently found out about a site called TuneCore that will distribute your music to music stores, like say, iTunes. After getting some reviews from you guys we'll put a couple of songs up on there so they are available for download for everyone in the world. You get to keep all the royalties, too. :D just a heads up for any up and coming bands, Tunecore is free to sign up for but you have to pay to release the album/single.

^i sincerely hope I don't get flagged for advertising for that since I believe it is of beneficial help to any band looking to get their music recognized globally and it may also help with their careers. I'm sorry if counts as advertising, but I'm also not affiliated with the site in any way, shape or form yet, I just found out about it tonight from my guitarist. Again, sorry if it's considered advertising.

Anywho, I also sincerely hope we'll have at least one song for you by the end of January. And the song I wrote is not metal, just an FYI. It's straight up hard rock, so don't be expecting the extreme double bass or blast beats or whatever else metal drummers do. My drums will probably end up, the heaviest, like Roy Mayorga's and the lightest like Lars Ulrich.

Sorry for essay. Like I said before, I like writing.

Jordison
    Last edited by jordison515; 01-02-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Check it.

User Info Menu

Glad its coming together for ya jordison!
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Can't wait man glad to see everything's comin along.

-SP Hardware
    -PST5 Cymbals