Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zildjian and Vic Firth... Merger

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian and Vic Firth...

I wonder if they fade out Zildjian sticks cause they suck. They are better at cymbals and leave the sticks to Vic. This could be a good thing for both. Good luck V and Z.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wonder if they fade out Zildjian sticks cause they suck. They are better at cymbals and leave the sticks to Vic. This could be a good thing for both. Good luck V and Z.
    V & Z?? Hey, who knows, that's what they might start labelling themselves, who knows? lol
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

The added financial support from shared resources might help them to make better products, was my first idea. It might be better to go to one company for all your needs, but I don't think they will do that. I hope they don't discontinue generic nova sticks, I love them.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: Zildjian and Vic Firth... Merger

Man wooden cymbals and bronze sticks whats next

User Info Menu

polyurethane pedals?
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

well, im assuming that there will be something happen to zildjian sticks. But other than that, i really dunno.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    WOW what's your secret? Whenever I get a pair of Promark 5Bs, they usually break within two weeks. Could possibly be because I'm a metal drummer and naturally hit hard, but sticks ain't cheap over here.
    I think I'm just lucky. I don't keep them near a dehumidifier or have a special incantation I recite before using them. The Promarks aren't the only stick I've been using, but they are my general purpose option. There's almost always Hot Rods, Timpani Mallets (VF made), Calato Blastics (think plastic brushes), and Vater Phat Rides in my bag.

For Christmas people have given me two pairs of Vater LA 5As, which are destroyed (they lasted a few months- they're ok) the Vic Firth American Hickory 5A. I've had one pair of these for three years now. This is what I want to stay with.

In comparison, I've gone through two pairs (all four sticks broke) of ZIldjian Manu Katche (spelling?) within three days of buying them. This was quite a few years ago, but I'm all set with Z sticks.

I love the durability I've had with this batch of ProMarks, I just happen to like the feel of the Vic Firths better.

What is this I read here earlier about Evans and Pro-Mark being a team?
    A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Anybody know if Vic sticks are sonically matched?
    yeah i'm pretty sure they are pitch matched
    ~Pearl, Zildjian, Hammerax, Remo, Vic Firth, LP, Pulse~

Zildjian League