Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zildjian and vicfirth merge

User Info Menu

Default zildjian and vicfirth merge

ok if you haven't herd yet zildjian and vicfirth have today merged ...

they better not stuff it up..i like my sticks the way they are

thoughts on this?

User Info Menu

Default Re: zildjian and vicfirth merge

It's news to me. Isn't he a bit old to merge with Zildjian LOL. Good luck to him.

User Info Menu

Zildjian makes sticks also. No?

all the best...

User Info Menu

Vic Firth better be covering the stick side of the ops. I still want to use the stick I am using... Artists better not flock away.

The only two constants I have are DW and Zildjian.

User Info Menu

I think this is a good thing....I wonder who is acquiring who...my guess is that Zildjian will be the parent company. I also wonder if the "Vic Firth" brand will go away..hmmm.
    Perhaps, it will spawn a new type of drum stick.....The ZilFirth or The Vicjian.

User Info Menu

I read D'Addario bought ProMark. Not sure if that's good or bad news.

Acoustic Kits:
    Ludwig Maple 3ply White Cortex 4 pc
    Rukus Mod Orange Club 4 pc
    DW Design 6 pc
    Tama Silverstar Limited Edition Mirage 5 pc
    Tama Superstar 5 pc
    Tama Rockstar 4 pc
    Gretsch Catalina Ash 4 pc

Slingerland 7 pc

Electronic Kits:
    Yamaha DTX532k
    Roland TD-27, Roland PD-85 (x4), PD-125, KD9, CY-8 (x2) VH-10, Lemon 15 and 18 cymbals
    Roland SPD-SX Sample Pad

Snares:
    Tama SLP Black Brass
    Tama SLP G Maple
    Rukus Santos/Bubinga/Poplar/Wenge
    Rukus Avodire/Maple/Mahogany
    1972 Ludwig Supraphonic

Hardware:
    Tama, DW, Yamaha and Sonor

Cymbals:
    Zildjian A Series, A Custom and K Custom

Microphones:
    Miktek, Audix and Shure

User Info Menu

December 20, 2010

It is my pleasure to announce that as of today, the world's leading cymbal manufacturer, the Avedis Zildjian Company, will merge with Vic Firth, the global market leader in drumsticks, effective immediately. Both of our New England-based, family-owned companies are well respected legacy brands in the music industry with a long tradition of product quality and innovation.

Zildjian is honored to join forces with the Vic Firth Company which has set the standard for drumsticks in the music industry. Similarities in our cultures and business philosophies, coupled with a shared dedication to product and service excellence, provide a strong foundation for the union of our two companies. Both companies will continue to run autonomously. In fact, our customers should notice no difference in the way business is conducted moving forward.

"I have the greatest respect for Zildjian," said Vic Firth, President, Vic Firth Company. "Our businesses share common values, a passion for manufacturing, and a similar approach to how we do business. This union represents a unique opportunity to leverage our respective leadership positions in the drumstick and cymbal categories. I look forward to years of growth and newfound success."

All of us at Zildjian and Vic Firth thank you for your continued support and wish you and your families a very happy holiday.

More information on this exciting merger is available at Zildjian.com.

Sincerely,

Craigie Zildjian
    CEO
    Avedis Zildjian Company
    “I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”

User Info Menu

I have always liked Zildjian drum sticks. I hope those don't change.

User Info Menu

I can't for the life of me understand why they would merge. Both are industry leaders, neither should have financial problems....I don't get it, i'm not saying it's a bad thing, i'm just curious as to the motive.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Zildjian wanted to learn how to make cymbals that break. Vic firth just has the hots for craigie.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nubdrummer View Post
    I read D'Addario bought ProMark. Not sure if that's good or bad news.
    Well hey, that would hopefully mean that Promarks are worth buying now!
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by defcon235 View Post
    I can't for the life of me understand why they would merge. Both are industry leaders, neither should have financial problems....I don't get it, i'm not saying it's a bad thing, i'm just curious as to the motive.
    Yeah, me to. i really dont get what they have to gain.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

will they still keep making all the models of vic sticks?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    Well hey, that would hopefully mean that Promarks are worth buying now!
    +1 here

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

I dont see a difference in one area of the zildjian sticks and vic firth sticks and that is play them for about a day and all the writing on the sticks rubs off

User Info Menu

if you go to the zildjian site

they state that both company's will continue the same as it is now.....

what lies

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    Zildjian wanted to learn how to make cymbals that break. Vic firth just has the hots for craigie.

Vic better hope Craigie doesn't grow a walrus moustache like her father when they start dating!

Last edited by Drumbledore; 12-22-2010 at 08:09 AM.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    thoughts on this?
    Rage has temporarily subsided. I could learn to live with Vater. I don't really want to, though.
    A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

Vic Firth (the man) is getting up there in age seeing as he was born June 2, 1930.

He may be looking to finally retire and why not get together with a company that has had a name in the music business for a few hundred years? Besides with Vic's current production of approximately 300 products in its catalog, and 12 million sticks manufactured per year, Zildjian would be stupid not to get in on that action.

User Info Menu

i hope they don't start putting that rubber coating on my vic SSG's

User Info Menu

I don't see why it's such a big deal. They said both companies will remain the same, and I believe them until something changes.

Vic Firth will continue to make awesome drumsticks and Zildjian will continue to make awesome cymbals. Honestly it sounds like they could have not told anyone and noone would have know the difference. I don't know what will become of Zildjian drumsticks, but I only had one pair in my life and they broke in about half an hour so I don't really care. If it is all one company, made up of two companies that were both doing very well economically then the smartest thing to do would be to merge the offices and leave everything else the way it was. Since that's what they say they are doing I don't see a problem with it.

Sorry that was really redundant, but basically I think it's awesome. Maybe Zildjian and Vic Firth will team up on endorsements now.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

If anything Zildjian benefits to this by learning how to finally make sticks that last more than 30 minutes (ouch). Maybe these companies are trying to push each others products a little as well. I.e. Zildjian endorsers also endorse Vic firth sticks.. the like.
    Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar

User Info Menu

Well they have to do something to sell there products I mean sticks, cause seriously I have not use for their sticks. I have found Los Cabos to be better than both Zildjian and Firth sticks anyday. Big names don't mean anything if the products don't last.

User Info Menu

Pearl MCX Man,

I also use Los Cabos! Made in Canada, top notch quality and excellent price point. I find many of their maple models especially nice.
    Kits
    DW Performance(white marine): 8x7/10x8/12x9/16x14/22x18
    Mapex Saturn III(transparent walnut): 10x8/12x9/16x16/22x18/14x5.5

Snares
    Pork Pie 14x7 Cherry/Bubinga
    Pork Pie 14x6.5 Big Black Bob
    Mapex Saturn 14x5.5 Maple/Walnut
    Homemade 14x5.5 Maple(10 ply Keller)

Cymbals
    Sabian
    14" AA regular hats
    10" AAX splash
    16" AAX Xplosion fast crash
    18" AAX Xplosion fash crash
    16" HH thin crash
    20" HHX stage ride

User Info Menu

I like the Los Cabos I just wish they sold a finished model.