Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Cable

User Info Menu

Default Need Cable

I finally got my cymbal and I don't have the correct cable (PCS-31L) and I can't find it anywhere.... I e-mailed Roland to find out if they know where I can get one! I'm mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Oh, I found it...... They have them in Sweden, Australia and UK, overseas it looks like..... SHIZA!
    Last edited by drum_chick; 05-03-2007 at 08:06 PM.

User Info Menu

This is what it looks like if anyone knows where I can get one.....

User Info Menu

Now is it just me... or is that just a quarter inch patch cord lol. Buy two of them (the kind every guitarist has) and a splitter, im pretty sure that will work, although i don't know what the cord is for... so i"m not sure
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

You can get them right here
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=cables

or at any music store.

User Info Menu

AHHH ROADDEBRIS!
    This would have been my first helpful post until I refreshed the page and you had the same link as I did! lol

It sounds like you get a new piece for your practice pad every week! lol
    I'll give it a couple of months before you hold the record for best female drummer + largest electric set. I don't know if this cable is the right one but whatev http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Ft.?sku=700242

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    You can get them right here
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=cables

or at any music store.
    It's not there.........

User Info Menu

Oops! Was this your seat?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    It's not there.........
    Wha? It doesn't have to be blue, for pete's sake!

User Info Menu

It's got to be the Roland PCS-31L, it's the only cable that will work.......

User Info Menu

Wha? It doesn't have to be blue, for pete's sake!
    I know it doesn't have to be blue silly!

User Info Menu

LOL! Any 1/4" will work fine.

User Info Menu

any cable of those jack sizes will work fine, all the cable does is move electrons
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

Really? My hubby seems to think it has to be that EXACT cable

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Really? My hubby seems to think it has to be that EXACT cable
    Oh, man! Does he know you're in here throwing him under the bus?

User Info Menu

Oh, man! Does he know you're in here throwing him under the bus?
    Nope, he would be MAD! LOL

User Info Menu

Next you're going to tell us he likes Steel Magnolias.

User Info Menu

Lol!!!!!

User Info Menu

Your hubby is kind of right, in that Roland will probably not give you any assitance if your not using the recommended cable. They tend to include verious types of encasing for different purposes, have different resistance levels and possible demagnetizers and who else knows what, but different cables are deisgned for different purposes. However, that being said, the guys are still right, you could use just about anything that has the appropriate jack sizes on it and it should work just fine. A guitar lead would actually be the sort of thing your after, just like Deamon suggested, based on that image. That is of course of you can't find the EXACT cable you're after. It looks like all you'de need is a two-to-one adapter, and a couple of guitar leads and you'de be set.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Actually, i just did a bit of finding out what the cable is, and all it is is a stero to mono cable. Like seriously, those things can be found all over the place. Just go to a GOOD electronics shop or music store and tell them you need a stero to mono cable with a straight stero jack and angled mono jacks. Also a good way to go would be to get it with double insulation and double shielding. That cuts down on electrical interference from the other componets of the setup. Also Gold plated connectors/jacks will give better quality connection.

User Info Menu

Am I understanding right that this is so you can plug two components into the one plug? I just want to double check the reason the cable is two to one.

User Info Menu

...and call ahead to make sure they have them in blue.

Aint I a stinker?

This reminds me of the time my sister, a single mom, went into the sporting goods shop to buy my nephew a baseball mitt. She could only find left-handed ones. You know, all of them were fitted for the left hand. So she got discouraged and left. Her real mistake was telling the story in front of me. Oh, man. I still dog her for that one. Nice brother, huh?

Hey, drum_chick. We only hurt the ones we love! Hehe!
    Last edited by Roaddebris; 05-04-2007 at 12:01 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger
    Am I understanding right that this is so you can plug two components into the one plug? I just want to double check the reason the cable is two to one.
    Yes, 2 into pne plug..... I need it so I can play my cymbal and bass with my RMP-5 pad. I have it hooked up now with a Y cable but it won't work. Roland claims I need, specifically, the PCS-31L cable to be able to use the cymbal and bass. Right now my cymbal and bass are hooked up but they are both making the same sound. Supposidly with the PSC-31L I'll be able to here the snare, bass and cymbal being played.......

User Info Menu

Never mind all my gibberish, I called Roland and the support people said it's called a stero insert cable and I can get it anywhere..... Thanks guys! (Note: remember, you are dealing with a female, I don't know about all this wiring crap!)
    Last edited by drum_chick; 05-04-2007 at 04:48 PM.

User Info Menu

YAY, got the cable and all works great!