Thread: Big --- crack in my cymbal

User Info Menu

Default Big --- crack in my cymbal

Its been a good 6 months; for me, not my china. I feel so bad because the crack goes forever... Ill put up a pic tmrw to show you guys but oh jesus is it bad. It must span like, 10 inches! It's a wuhan and i know it was only $45, but seriously, no cymbal should have to go through that...

Im leaning towards a paiste 18" alpha rock china. I checked it out on the paiste site and i immediately knew i had to get that. Its not a priority, but its something i want to fix fast. A priority is getting a new snare stand. Im definetely going this week to get one, . And then comes the china, then the speed cobra, then sime mics, then the sabian omni 22", then a new snare.

I wish i had a job :( :( :(

Theres no fixing this china so any suggestions on a new china in the $100-175 range, would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot guys,

Jordison
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

Default Re: Big --- crack in my cymbal

If i remember correctly and your cymbals are ZHT's, that line's china doesnt sound too bad.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

That paiste alpha china wont dissapoint you!
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Were you happy with the sound of your old Wuhan? For what they cost it's tough not to consider another one, but you're almost guaranteed to get a different sounding one the next time around. If you want something else you've definitely got lots of choices. Make sure you get that technique in check though so the next one doesn't suffer the same fate!

User Info Menu

Craigslist and Ebay. You can get something great used.

I didnt think I'd like used but I have found a few great things on CL and EB in like new condition for great prices.
    Now I'm hooked.
    HHMMMM!...FIRE BAAAADD!!

User Info Menu

Dude, get some JB weld and see if you can fix it. I have read on other places that JB can cure cracks.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

I think the Paiste Alpha china is thickier than most Wuhans, thus would break easier. Id say go for another Wuhan so at least your out another $45 instead of 100 something if it cracks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think the Paiste Alpha china is thickier than most Wuhans, thus would break easier. Id say go for another Wuhan so at least your out another $45 instead of 100 something if it cracks.
    +1. That's the beauty of Wuhan chinas. They're cheap enough that it's no big deal to replace them if they break. Plus, you can't argue with that sound for that price!
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

paiste pst5
    cheap...cuts...an cheap again
    If you dont want to spend a lot for a decent china, go for this one
    Sabian-Remo-PDP

User Info Menu

xD China's get replaced regularly by drummers like you and I. I've gotta say the best China I've ever heard is the Zildjian brilliant oriental china. Extremely high pitched and fast attack with little delay. Its a lot of $$$ but its so worth it. I dont have it btw, I played it in a store.
    I am currently suffering from gear acquisition syndrome. Will trade soul for drum gear. Donations accepted.

-Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive 5-piece
    -SP Hardware
    -Gibraltar Avenger DB-Pedal
    -PST5 Cymbals

"Uncontrollable urticaria drivel spurting" -a sentence spawned from the half a word story.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Constinator25 View Post
    xD China's get replaced regularly by drummers like you and I. I've gotta say the best China I've ever heard is the Zildjian brilliant oriental china. Extremely high pitched and fast attack with little delay. Its a lot of $$$ but its so worth it. I dont have it btw, I played it in a store.
    Those Zildjian Oriental Chinas are awsome.

I have a Zildjian A China High and I'm lovin it too.
    HHMMMM!...FIRE BAAAADD!!

User Info Menu

http://m1085.photobucket.com/albumvi...AykXWlqRRvk%3D

Copy and paste that, you'll see the crack. It's FAR beyond repair. And const yeah i know but the music i'll be playing with my band makes it useful really only for accents, since it's more hard rock and stone sour-esque (self titled era). I'm also considering the pst5 since the alpha is $160. Although there is a black label 2002 20"? china floating around all the time on CL over here... For $125, no less. 20" is too big for me, chinawise. 19, 18, 17 i'm fine with.

I'm not sure if i really want to go back to Wuhan because as it got broken in it started to sound too trashy, if you get what i'm saying. And too dark. Like the fricking apocalypse dark. And this was before the crack...

Check it.

User Info Menu

Looks like you are missing a chunk, and then cracks extend on both sides. I'd still hit it with jb weld. If it doesn't work, well, you still have JB weld, which is better than super glue, duct tape combined. If it does, well you still have a cymbal, and enough money left over to buy another one. That's a win win to me.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Kaazam, yeah i'm sure it would help, but like i said it was like the apocalypse before it cracked, so i didnt like the sound of it after it was broken in. Now that it's cracked, it's still overly dark and doesn't blend well at all with my ZHTS. Imagine hay in a needlestack... Everything else is shiny and cutting but then theres that other thing. That's why i dont want to repair it.

Check it.

User Info Menu

Oh man I've cracked two Zildjian Orientals in my day, in under a years time. I've switched to my 17' K china and haven't cracked it yet, been over a year

User Info Menu

what is it with everyone breaking their chinas??? i was trying out the sabian AAX chinas today. man those sound good! plus i have a friend who plays a similar style of music as you and he recommends it as well.
    Pearl Export with Remo's and Evans
    Sabian AAX-plosion 16" Crash
    Sabian AAX 16" Stage Crash
    Meinl Classics 10" splash
    Sabian AA Fusion 13" hi hats
    Sabian 21" AA Dry Ride with rivets
    Some weird little cymbal that I drilled holes in.