Thread: tennis ellbow - what a pain in the a (rm)

User Info Menu

Default tennis ellbow - what a pain in the a (rm)

Hey guys

a few month ago I developed those tennis ellbow symptoms in my right arm. I whish to think it was not because of drumming but because of a lot of computer work I had to do back then. I consider myself having good stick technique and even after 30years of playing still use a teacher to hone my grip and technique. Well, I've never ever had a drumming related injury to this day. However this (now confirmed) tennis ellbow pain is driving me crazy. The pain is not severe but if I start drumming the arm becomes tense and I can't do what I used to do before. Wherever the pain comes from drumming certainly doesn't help to make it better. I stopped playing with my hands at all (good chance to focus on the feet). Since I'm travelling Europe right now it's not to bad to give it a rest anyway.

I pretty much know about the condition but I'd like to know if someone had the same experience. What did you do? Does the pain ever go away?

cheers

User Info Menu

Default Re: tennis ellbow - what a pain in the a (rm)

Hi Trommler, I am going through it as we speak. It has been bothering me for about two months now and I am just very slightly feeling some relief this week. I've been wearing the brace around my forearm just below my elbow when I work but I do some heavy lifting throughout the day. I've posted a thread about a week or two ago and everyone told me it will get better with time.

User Info Menu

Default Re: tennis ellbow - what a pain in the a (rm)

Trommler, Tennis Elbow is an inflamation of a tendon that attaches at the outside of the elbow. Try to avoid motions that involve twisting the lower arm (like using a screwdriver), and get yourself a tennis elbow support. It is a band that compresses the area below the elbow and gives the inflammed tendon rest, allowing it to recover.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!