Thread: Travis Barker Drumsticks

User Info Menu

Question Travis Barker Drumsticks

Are the TB signature drumsticks any good? from your own experiences

User Info Menu

Default Re: Travis Barker Drumsticks

I had a pair once. They felt good, i liked the round tips, but they leave white coating all over your drums because the paint chips.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

They are also really long. They feel like skinny marching sticks.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

I bought a pair once. Played them for about 15 seconds when I noticed the white paint getting a little too personal with my cymbals. Their next stop was the trash can.
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

User Info Menu

They're basically condensed marching sticks, which makes sense because Travis was in the corps. I huge turnoff is the paint. Unless you break your cymbals and replace them on a regular basis, or have a tech to polish them after every show, don't do it.

If you wanted about the same size without the paint look into Christoph Schneider's signature sticks, or find a pair of indoor marching sticks.

User Info Menu

The white paint on my Buddy Rich sigs doesn't really bother me very much, I do notice it rubbing on the edges of my cymbals but it doesn't bother me that much.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

I never had the Buddy Rich paint come off. My Travis sticks did instantly though.

User Info Menu

If you dont mind the paint on your cymbals or drums, go for it
    Paiste Alpha 14'' Sound Edge hats
    Paiste Alpha 16'' Medium Crash
    Sabian XS20 14'' Medium-Thin Crash
    Wuhan 16'' China

drummer: Being young is good ... as long as you're also wise
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Then you can use napkins to wipe your hands instead of taping them to your heads.

User Info Menu

I started breaking out in Tatoos so I ditched them. Well NOT really, I actually bought a set of white Mallets and when I got them open they said Travis barker on them. Who new?

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ratmycue View Post
    I started breaking out in Tatoos so I ditched them. Well NOT really, I actually bought a set of white Mallets and when I got them open they said Travis barker on them. Who new?
    WARNING: The use of these sticks may cause severe cases of tattoos, crazy hair, headbanging, attempted vegetarianism, and broken cymbals. Use at your own risk.

Those are the TB swivels, unless he has mallets now too. That'd give him four different custom sticks.

User Info Menu

I like the feel of them but I can't seem to hang on to any sticks besides my zildjian dips
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

ditto with the paint coming off em. was a bit annoying but it wasnt anything i couldnt clean off though. but they feel pretty good to play with eh
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.