Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1558

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

Your Name: Henry
    What type of Drums do you play? Acoustic. Tama superstar hyperdrive cusrom maple
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? Steve gadd or jojo mayer
    Are you in a band? Yes quite a few
    Do you see dead people? No
    How did you find Drum Chat? When i was looking for new cymbals

User Info Menu

Your Name
    lets just go with tumtum
    Male or Female?
    andy - nexus 6 model
    What type of Drums do you play?
    PDP M5 (5 piece) 1up2down w/stagg HD crashes, sabian hhx groove ride, crap hats
    Who is your Favorite Drummer?
    the greats of course (Krupa,Buddy,Peart) and new blood Blake Richardson, Thomas Pridgen, Josh Eppard
    Are you in a band?
    yes. indie rock band. Less Than a Sea
    Do you see dead people?
    NOPE. NADA. Dont know what you are talking about
    How did you find Drum Chat?
    surfing the interwebs

User Info Menu

Your Name: George

What type of Drums do you play?: A kit I put together for less than £50 called 'Taylor'

Who is your Favorite Drummer?: Nick Mason, Gavin Harrison, Joey Jordison and Dave Grohl.

Are you in a band?: a two-piece garage-noise-psychedelia band

Do you see dead people?: only twice

How did you find Drum Chat?: looking for advice with sticks I think(?)

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC Henry and George! Glad to have you aboard!!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

NO!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    NO!!!!!!!!!!

One of the all-time best drum songs!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ludleg View Post
    One of the all-time best drum songs!

Yeah, that solo in the middle is a killer.

User Info Menu

Your Name: Rob (male)

What type of Drums do you play?: Pearl Masters Studio birch (5 piece with Pork Pie 13x7 acrylic snare)

Who is your Favorite Drummer?: Buddy Rich, Chris Coleman, Dave Weckl, Carter Beauford, and the list goes on...

Are you in a band?: Yes. Currently playing for a country group called Heartlyn Rae but I also play at my church as well. I would consider myself to be a funk, jazz drummer so country is a little different but I still enjoy playing it.

How did you find Drum Chat?: Just browsing. This actually my first forum and the only one I'm in right now.

User Info Menu

Name: Jason (male)

What type of drums do you play?: Used to play an old Ludwig kit when I was younger, but had to get rid of it when I joined the military. Looking to get back into playing if I can find a good used kit, preferably Tama or Ludwig

Who is your favorite drummer?: Jukka Nevalainen, Mike Portnoy, John Dolmayan, too many others to count

Are you in a band?: Not right now, but I'd like to someday

Do you see dead people?: Not yet, but that doesn't mean they aren't there

How did you find Drum Chat?: Browsing the Internet for information and reviews on drum kits

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by southernstar View Post

What type of drums do you play?: Used to play an old Ludwig kit when I was younger, but had to get rid of it when I joined the military. Looking to get back into playing if I can find a good used kit, preferably Tama or Ludwig

Who is your favorite drummer?: Jukka Nevalainen, Mike Portnoy, John Dolmayan, too many others to count

How did you find Drum Chat?: Browsing the Internet for information and reviews on drum kits
    Welcome to the forum!
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Hey I'm Corey 20 years old, male

I play a CB drum set. I bought it for $100 from my dads friend sounds great except for the cymbals which I replaced with brand new Sabians.

My fav drummer used to be Brann Dailor from Mastodon but since I've gotten into playing with a bit of a swing feel and playing rudiments he doesnt seem like someone to aspire to be like. He has awesome dynamics though. I don't have a favourite drummer at the moment except for maybe Mitch Mitchell from The Jimi Hendrix Experience but I only have their first album. I don't know if there's any drummer who can play jazz style in a distorted kind of rock band. If there's anyone who does that - hes my favourite drummer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ManicImpression View Post

I play a CB drum set. I bought it for $100 from my dads friend sounds great except for the cymbals which I replaced with brand new Sabians.

My fav drummer used to be Brann Dailor from Mastodon but since I've gotten into playing with a bit of a swing feel and playing rudiments he doesnt seem like someone to aspire to be like. He has awesome dynamics though. I don't have a favourite drummer at the moment except for maybe Mitch Mitchell from The Jimi Hendrix Experience but I only have their first album. I don't know if there's any drummer who can play jazz style in a distorted kind of rock band. If there's anyone who does that - hes my favourite drummer.
    I forgot to add that I am in a band called Analogues - the guitarist is really good and our singer has been told he sounds like the doors. I should probably listen to one of their albums :p

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobBibb View Post
    Your Name: Rob (male)

What type of Drums do you play?: Pearl Masters Studio birch (5 piece with Pork Pie 13x7 acrylic snare)

Who is your Favorite Drummer?: Buddy Rich, Chris Coleman, Dave Weckl, Carter Beauford, and the list goes on...

Are you in a band?: Yes. Currently playing for a country group called Heartlyn Rae but I also play at my church as well. I would consider myself to be a funk, jazz drummer so country is a little different but I still enjoy playing it.

How did you find Drum Chat?: Just browsing. This actually my first forum and the only one I'm in right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by southernstar View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ManicImpression View Post

Welcome to DC!

User Info Menu

Yeah, that solo in the middle is a killer.
    Huh?

User Info Menu

My Name: Keish
    Male or Female?: Female
    What type of Drums do you play? Peace
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? Derek Roddy, Mike Johnston, Bill Bachman, Zach Farro
    Are you in a band? No
    Do you see dead people? lol People who dont like drums are dead
    How did you find Drum Chat? Google

User Info Menu

Name: Garry D. Moore

Drums: Pacific CX Maple six piece, White Onyx; Zildjian A, K & Sabian HH; Yamaha, DW hardware and pedals

Favorite Drummer: Phil Ehart (Kansas)

In a band: Not currently

Do you see dead people?: Occasionally

How did you find DC?: A dead person told me about it
    Last edited by gdmoore28; 07-15-2015 at 06:30 AM.

Tilter Guest

Default Greetings DC Community!

Figured it was time to say hello after lurking around for quite some time now.

My name is Jodi (male) and I've been playing for 29 of my 42 years, though my interest in all things percussive began at age 5 when my Grandfather presented me with a Muppet drum set for my birthday.

I currently play a Hart Dynamics/Roland E kit but grow increasingly anxious for the organic reward of acoustic gear again. I happily and openly admit to my healthy obsession with cymbals.

The margin is too close to name my favorite drummer, so they both get a nod here with Will Calhoun and Joe Morello.

I am currently not in a band and no, I don't see dead people, unless of course what we currently know as life is actually the after life of days gone by.

Drum Chat found its way on to my screen via a reference on another forum while searching for drum photos. It's a pleasure to be a part of this community and I look forward to my time here.

I suppose it wouldn't be a proper introduction without a photo, now would it?

User Info Menu

Arrow Re: Introduce Yourself!

Name: Daniel Enrique Micheli

Drums: No but I got my eye on a ZZ Custom(14x5,5/13x9/16x16/22x14) with G&h custom cymbals that are really...oh, I'm sorry, I realized you don't have the smallest idea what they are 'cos they're local brands.

Favorite Drummer: Ringo Starr/John Bonham/Ian Paice/Keith Moon/Jim Keltner

In a band: Never(on Sunday)

Do you see dead people?: No but I dream with them all the time.

How did you find DC?: Googled "drum forums" and 457 answers came in.
    Last edited by Dhango; 06-29-2015 at 08:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Welcome, guys!
    ALGAROTHSYUM - post-apocalyptic instrumental metal - currently working on third full-length album!
    Bandcamp - Facebook

IRACONJI- Nashville death/thrash metal - drummer
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tilter View Post
    Figured it was time to say hello after lurking around for quite some time now.

My name is Jodi (male) and I've been playing for 29 of my 42 years, though my interest in all things percussive began at age 5 when my Grandfather presented me with a Muppet drum set for my birthday.

I currently play a Hart Dynamics/Roland E kit but grow increasingly anxious for the organic reward of acoustic gear again. I happily and openly admit to my healthy obsession with cymbals.

The margin is too close to name my favorite drummer, so they both get a nod here with Will Calhoun and Joe Morello.

I am currently not in a band and no, I don't see dead people, unless of course what we currently know as life is actually the after life of days gone by.

Drum Chat found its way on to my screen via a reference on another forum while searching for drum photos. It's a pleasure to be a part of this community and I look forward to my time here.

I suppose it wouldn't be a proper introduction without a photo, now would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhango View Post
    Name: Daniel Enrique Micheli

Drums: No but I got my eye on a ZZ Custom(14x5,5/13x9/16x16/22x14) with G&h custom cymbals that are really...oh, I'm sorry, I realized you don't have the smallest idea what they are 'cos they're local brands.

Favorite Drummer: Ringo Starr/John Bonham/Ian Paice/Keith Moon/Jim Keltner

In a band: Never(on Sunday)

Do you see dead people?: No but I dream with them all the time.

How did you find DC?: Googled "drum forums" and 457 answers came in.
    Welcome to the forum guys!!

User Info Menu

welcome to the forum, new players, you'll pick up plenty from us all here, experienced players, we look forward to your input.

all the best Mark
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Name
    Ryan
    Male or Female?
    Male
    What type of Drums do you play?
    Tama Imperialstar 8-piece (sometimes a Ludwig 7-piece)
    Who is your Favorite Drummer?
    Either Dave Lombardo or Brann Dailor. Other drummers I like would be John Bonham and Keith Moon.
    Are you in a band?
    Sort of, me and a friend are starting one now.
    Do you see dead people?
    Usually, no.
    How did you find Drum Chat?
    I was searching for something else and it was a result.
    Last edited by Craftable124; 07-14-2015 at 03:20 PM.

User Info Menu

Welcome to the best forum, Craftable!
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Welcome new members. We are grateful to have you here.
    Never be afraid to ask questions or inquire about something drum related or even non-drum-related. Everyone gets respect here no matter level of experience you have on the drums.

Welcome again!

User Info Menu

Aaah here it is...the intro thread . My turn...

Name : Rudy Barajas
    City : Tucson , AZ .
    Sex : Male
    My favorite drummer : Steve Gadd , Jeff Porcaro , Carlos Vega , Rick Reyes
    What drums I play : Rotate between Yamaha Custom Absolute Birch , Pearl Sessions Maple , Ludwig Classics 1989 and a 1972 .
    In a Band : George Howard and the Roadhouse Hounds
    See dead people : Yes..on youtube all the time .
    How did I find DC : Been lurking for a while , decided to join .

I posted one question before I introduced myself...sorry . Seem to be some fine people here , friendly and helpful . I hope I can help someone along the way .
    Thanks everyone !
    Rudy ...AKA Jedi .