Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1558

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to DC, jedi! Make yourself at home.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Name: Joe

Age:62...whoa - who the hell said THAT? Sheez, it goes by fast!

Male or Female?: Male

What type of Drums do you play?: I've got a bunch of drumsets, in varying states of repair. I gig with a 6 pc. set of Taye Tour Pros in larger venues; Ludwig Breakbeats when I get booked into a phone booth-sized place.

Who is your Favorite Drummer?: Krupa, Rich, Bonham, Ringo, Mel Taylor; all the great studio players; Marco Minneman.

Are you in a band?: Yes - Mandolin Bridge, a 4-piece classic rock, blues, country, Americana and (soon) originals band operating out of southwest Ohio.

Do you see dead people?: Sure - doesn't everybody?

How did you find Drum Chat?: Surfin' the 'net. glad to be here - it's a cool place!

User Info Menu

Your Name: Andy

What type of Drums do you play? Toms and snare drums in Street drumming band

Who is your Favorite Drummer? Bev Bevan is my childhood influence but Neil Pert takes a lot of beating

Are you in a band? Yes, a street drumming band called Skulldrummery

Do you see dead people? No

How did you find Drum Chat? Looking for a drumming forum on Google

User Info Menu

Welcome Andy (aka) jevs. Street drumming band? Very cool name for the group.

User Info Menu

welcome Andy

User Info Menu

Welcome Joe, Andy and Rudy!

User Info Menu

Welcome Joe, Andy and Rudy!
    Thanks, drummer! Glad to be here!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Phil View Post
    Thanks, drummer! Glad to be here!
    I like your user name. Cool play on words!

User Info Menu

Default Hey all! I'm Craig \m/

Name: Craig

What type of Drums do you play?: 6 piece Mapex Saturn IV

Who is your Favourite Drummer?: That's the big question! My biggest influences are Brian Bennett, Clive Burr, Neil Peart, Nicko Mcbrain, Thomas Lang, Bill Ward... Sorry for the list but I just cant pick one!

Are you in a band?: Yes, my hard rock band 'Freeway Mad'. Feel free to check us out!

Do you see dead people?: Only when I see people jogging on treadmills at the gym, they look like they could die from boredom!

How did you find Drum Chat?: Searching on Google for a decent drum forum.

User Info Menu

Welcome Joe, Rudy and Craig!!

User Info Menu

Hello group, and thanks for the add. I would like to introduce myself, and per your admin’s request, I provide the following:
    • Name: Ernie
    • Male
    • What type of Drums do you play?: Beginner
    • Who is your Favorite Drummer?: Sir Ringo Starr --- ( Knight Ringo now !!! ) ;-)
    • Are you in a band?: Nope
    • Do you see dead people?: Actually, yes, I have.
    • How did you find Drum Chat?: Surfed around.

I am a (middle-aged) HVAC Engineer of 30 years. I have literally wanted to play the drums since I can remember. I was caught up at a very early age in Beatle-mania, and to this day, I still want to be Ringo. At this point, you’re scratching your heads saying, “ what was he waiting on ???? “….. I don’t want to use it as an excuse, because there isn’t one, but 20 years in the military, and 10 years as a contractor, bouncing all over the globe hasn’t helped. I should have gotten up off the excuses long ago and started in earnest. But suffice to say, I love drumming, have managed to settle down----somewhat----and stopped practicing at the community center and on my friends kits, and now have purchased myself a kit. I have a renewed enthusiasm and want to make up for a lot of lost time. I have been doing a lot of homework and research. I want to throw some thoughts out there, and see what ya’ll think. My kit is definitely a starter kit, I know I have to crawl before I can walk. But I know there are some things I can do to make them sound better.( And believe me, they are NOT what I wanted them to sound like ! ) I have been doing more tuning than practicing ! Do you guys find that not getting the sound you want impedes your learning ? I’m looking for and trying to produce a certain, heavier sound, I guess. And this may be hampering me, from listening all these years to studio sounds. (?) I.E., records. I went to a lot of concerts, but in those days, things were so distorted and loud, who could tell……My first plan of attack is to order Sabian cymbals/hats, and Evans G2 coated heads. ( I purchased a 20” Sabian SBR ride cymbal with the kit and I like the way it sounds) The crash and hats that came with the kit sound like doo doo. I understand they are plated copper. I’m thinking a 14” thin crash., with 13” hats. The snare actually sounds decent, but I’m replacing the batter head all the same. ( I’ll keep the OEM head in reserve ) I had to laugh at myself, one of the first things I did was to over-tighten the throw off on my snare so much, that it came apart. Well, at least I know how they work now ! Fixed it, and went about my business…….ahem…..So that’s the long and short of it at this point, I appreciate any and all thoughts ya’ll may have. I’m practicing away, and dreaming of being a good drummer. God, I do love it.
    ( I love Phil Collins’ sound, and have been trying no reso heads, etc, to see how that works out. So far, still looking )Tape, TP, towels, all the usual suggestions on YouTube……still looking…….Also, I tend to choke at times – I’m left handed, and play a right handed kit. But I want to lead with both hands, at times. Working on that !

User Info Menu

Your Name Butch
    Age 47
    Male or Female? Male
    What type of Drums do you play? 5 piece Pearl Exports with Ludwig concert toms, Sabian and Zildjian cymbals.
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? Alex Van Halen, Neil Peart
    Are you in a band? I wish
    Do you see dead people? Not anymore
    How did you find Drum Chat? Google

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC, Ernie and Butch!

Now, if I could direct your attention to this informational thread and have you post here: http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...99.html?t=1699

Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Welcome fellas, Ernie if you're left handed try playing as a lefty, I'm a lefty but took lessons for 2 years as a right handed drummer until my teacher saw me Maki g notations on the sheet music then I switched to lefty have been playing for 50 years now. ..

Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    10, 12, 13, 14, 16 Suspended toms
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Tama Metalworks 6.5 x 14" Black Nickel snare
    Ahead Drum Cases

User Info Menu

Name: Kevin Frost

What type of Drums do you play?: Pearl MLX in Piano Black. 5 Piece

Who is your Favourite Drummer?: Me

Are you in a band?: Yes, Currently with a Punk Band called "The Vile" Previous bands have been The Varukers, Cerebral Fix, Sick On The Bus, Helvis, Nervous Tension, Metal Messiah.

Do you see dead people?: Only at work

User Info Menu

Hey all you new guys, welcome to DrumChat. It's great to have you as part of our family!

User Info Menu

Welcome Kevin

User Info Menu

Thank you. Looking forward to being here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fastarrow View Post
    Hello group, and thanks for the add. I would like to introduce myself, and per your admin’s request, I provide the following:
    • Name: Ernie
    • Male
    • What type of Drums do you play?: Beginner
    • Who is your Favorite Drummer?: Sir Ringo Starr --- ( Knight Ringo now !!! ) ;-)
    • Are you in a band?: Nope
    • Do you see dead people?: Actually, yes, I have.
    • How did you find Drum Chat?: Surfed around.

I am a (middle-aged) HVAC Engineer of 30 years. I have literally wanted to play the drums since I can remember. I was caught up at a very early age in Beatle-mania, and to this day, I still want to be Ringo. At this point, you’re scratching your heads saying, “ what was he waiting on ???? “….. I don’t want to use it as an excuse, because there isn’t one, but 20 years in the military, and 10 years as a contractor, bouncing all over the globe hasn’t helped. I should have gotten up off the excuses long ago and started in earnest. But suffice to say, I love drumming, have managed to settle down----somewhat----and stopped practicing at the community center and on my friends kits, and now have purchased myself a kit. I have a renewed enthusiasm and want to make up for a lot of lost time. I have been doing a lot of homework and research. I want to throw some thoughts out there, and see what ya’ll think. My kit is definitely a starter kit, I know I have to crawl before I can walk. But I know there are some things I can do to make them sound better.( And believe me, they are NOT what I wanted them to sound like ! ) I have been doing more tuning than practicing ! Do you guys find that not getting the sound you want impedes your learning ? I’m looking for and trying to produce a certain, heavier sound, I guess. And this may be hampering me, from listening all these years to studio sounds. (?) I.E., records. I went to a lot of concerts, but in those days, things were so distorted and loud, who could tell……My first plan of attack is to order Sabian cymbals/hats, and Evans G2 coated heads. ( I purchased a 20” Sabian SBR ride cymbal with the kit and I like the way it sounds) The crash and hats that came with the kit sound like doo doo. I understand they are plated copper. I’m thinking a 14” thin crash., with 13” hats. The snare actually sounds decent, but I’m replacing the batter head all the same. ( I’ll keep the OEM head in reserve ) I had to laugh at myself, one of the first things I did was to over-tighten the throw off on my snare so much, that it came apart. Well, at least I know how they work now ! Fixed it, and went about my business…….ahem…..So that’s the long and short of it at this point, I appreciate any and all thoughts ya’ll may have. I’m practicing away, and dreaming of being a good drummer. God, I do love it.
    ( I love Phil Collins’ sound, and have been trying no reso heads, etc, to see how that works out. So far, still looking )Tape, TP, towels, all the usual suggestions on YouTube……still looking…….Also, I tend to choke at times – I’m left handed, and play a right handed kit. But I want to lead with both hands, at times. Working on that !

Welcome Ernie.............Army?

Quote Originally Posted by butchm68 View Post
    Your Name Butch
    Age 47
    Male or Female? Male
    What type of Drums do you play? 5 piece Pearl Exports with Ludwig concert toms, Sabian and Zildjian cymbals.
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? Alex Van Halen, Neil Peart
    Are you in a band? I wish
    Do you see dead people? Not anymore
    How did you find Drum Chat? Google
    Welcome - from another Butch!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaruka View Post
    Name: Kevin Frost

What type of Drums do you play?: Pearl MLX in Piano Black. 5 Piece

Who is your Favourite Drummer?: Me

Are you in a band?: Yes, Currently with a Punk Band called "The Vile" Previous bands have been The Varukers, Cerebral Fix, Sick On The Bus, Helvis, Nervous Tension, Metal Messiah.

Do you see dead people?: Only at work

Welcome Kevaruka

User Info Menu

Name: Mitch Saylor
    Male Female: male
    What type of drums do you play: PDP FS/Concept Birch 7 pc including PDP steel snare 6.5X14 and Mapex Black Panther Popcorn snare, Premier Resonators (without inner shells) 5 pc including Mapex steel piccolo snare, no name piccolo snare, Sabian aa & AAX & b8, Zildjian a & a custom, istanbul mehmet, Istanbul Agop
    Favorite drummer: all the usual suspects so, to add one I haven't seen yet, percussionist Mike Dillon from Les Claypools Frog Brigade (I haven't read everybody's posts so, he might have been mentioned already)
    Are you in a band: not at moment, travel too much for work and would be unfair to other band mates. Previous bands = The Toe Jammers, Uncle Grunty, Painstaken & Lost Morals
    Do you see dead people: only when someone pisses me off, lol
    How did I find Drum Chat: Google

User Info Menu

Your Name Walt Reilly
    Age 45
    Male or Female? Male
    What type of Drums do you play? 5 pc Pearl MCX
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? Ian Paice
    Are you in a band? No
    Do you see dead people? No, but I think they see me.
    How did you find Drum Chat? Long story. Rather not say.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Railroadin_saylor View Post
    Name: Mitch Saylor
    Male Female: male
    What type of drums do you play: PDP FS/Concept Birch 7 pc including PDP steel snare 6.5X14 and Mapex Black Panther Popcorn snare, Premier Resonators (without inner shells) 5 pc including Mapex steel piccolo snare, no name piccolo snare, Sabian aa & AAX & b8, Zildjian a & a custom, istanbul mehmet, Istanbul Agop
    Favorite drummer: all the usual suspects so, to add one I haven't seen yet, percussionist Mike Dillon from Les Claypools Frog Brigade (I haven't read everybody's posts so, he might have been mentioned already)
    Are you in a band: not at moment, travel too much for work and would be unfair to other band mates. Previous bands = The Toe Jammers, Uncle Grunty, Painstaken & Lost Morals
    Do you see dead people: only when someone pisses me off, lol
    How did I find Drum Chat: Google
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarDrums View Post
    Your Name Walt Reilly
    Age 45
    Male or Female? Male
    What type of Drums do you play? 5 pc Pearl MCX
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? Ian Paice
    Are you in a band? No
    Do you see dead people? No, but I think they see me.
    How did you find Drum Chat? Long story. Rather not say.

Welcome to DC Mitch and Walt

User Info Menu

Your Name Kevin
    Age 43
    Male or Female? Male
    What type of Drums do you play? PDP 5pc, Maple shell, 10,12,16 toms...14" hi-hat, 16" crash, 18" thin crash, 21" sweet Ride, 9" splash(cymbals are Zildjian A except for the splash and it is K), Evans 360 G2 coated heads
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? Bonzo, Neil Peart, Tommy Lee
    Are you in a band? kind of? getting organized, nothing official, would play some gigs if the timing were right and the members were ready
    Do you see dead people? wait...don't you?
    How did you find Drum Chat? google is my friend

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcome longgun and, let me be the first to welcome you, Kevin. There are some great people here always willing to help with any questions you might have.

User Info Menu

Your Name (it's OK if you want to keep your real name private)
    Henry
    Male or Female?
    Male
    What type of Drums do you play?
    6pc orange mettalic tama superstar hyperdrive maple
    Who is your Favorite Drummer?
    Steve Gadd or Jojo mayer
    Are you in a band?
    Yes
    Do you see dead people?
    errm, no
    How did you find Drum Chat?
    Searching for drum cases on the interweb
    Technique doesn't mean **** if you can't blast beat and spin sticks - Steve Gadd