Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1558

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

Name: Andrew
    What drums: Just ordered the YamDTX400k for me and son.
    Favourite Drummer: No one in particular, I guess my son(8) is my favourite that i know personally.
    Are you in a band: No but i did flick a rubber band on my wifes a*#e the other day.
    Do you see dead people: not sure but that guy behind is looking very pale....
    How did i find drumchat: researching drums and saw a link.

User Info Menu

Oh, alright, I'll say hello.

Nom de pixel: OldNARDGuy
    Birthday count: 61
    Sex: As often as possible. Huh? Oh, male.
    Drums: Mapex Orion Classic w/Zildjian and Silken; Roland TD9 with Pintech drum pads and Yamaha cymbals
    Favorite drummer: Anyone who can keep a consistent jazz ride pattern with hand and foot independence.
    Band: Only in my head at the moment. Back in the 17th century I was Michael Hedges' original drummer, but didn't hang around long enough to record with him.
    Dead people: Not anymore. I'm retired so I no longer inhabit a cubicle farm.
    Found you guys: By virtue of my incredible google-fu.

User Info Menu

^thanks for the introduction

User Info Menu

Talking Re: Introduce Yourself!

Your Name: Rosanne Licciardi
    Age 69.75
    Female
    Djembe and cahon
    Mike Michalkow on cahon & djembe
    I play with Don Scott Blues

I am a new drum junkie. I played in a drum corps but played the bugle. I also played classical and popular piano for many years, then began promoting African and world music. Now, years later, I married a singer/songwriter/blues guitarist. From stomping my feet to drumming on tables, I knew I had to drum and bought my first one, a cajon, while we were in Mexico. Then I got a djembe in June from a drum store in St. Paul that was going out of business. I am now playing gigs with my husband. For one of our beginning gigs, I was so nervous I ate a half a jar of pickles. Anybody do that? Here I am about to turn 70 and have a brand new passion! And I'm pretty psyched to have found Drum Chat. So let's talk hand drumming!
    Last edited by 1945gypsy; 09-15-2015 at 05:18 PM. Reason: none

User Info Menu

Your Name Syclone.
    Age 36.
    Male or Female? M.
    What type of Drums do you play? TBD.
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? Nicko McBrain.
    Are you in a band? I will be.
    Do you see dead people? Everyday.
    How did you find Drum Chat? Search for info on entry sets.

I play:

Drums & Hardware: DW.

Cymbals: Paiste.

Heads: Evans.

Sticks: Vic Firth and Pro Mark 5A, 7A.

User Info Menu

Hi, I'm Gary
    Male
    1969 Ludwig 5 piece set
    Ginger Baker
    Re learning so no band yet
    I don't see dead people but I listen to them everyday
    Came across this site while researching new hardware to buy
    Last edited by Gbkirsch; 10-05-2015 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Duplicate post

User Info Menu

Name is Dan and I live in Virginia.

Age will be 61 this Saturday but I try and not think of the numbers anymore.

Quick musical background is started playing drums at 14 and went 1 semester to Carnegie-Mellon University in 1972 where I realized I didn't want to teach band in school. Eventually joined the Air Force in 1974 and played in AF Bands until 1981. Then retrained into computer programming and quit playing for about 18 years.

Started playing in church bands about 14 years ago and now am in a R&B/Pop/Funk type band that basically gets together once a week with the very occasional gig thrown in. The base player has drums at his house so not having to haul drums each week is a BIG plus. in that regards like probably many of us wish I had taken up flute instead. Just kidding.

Am retired so have time to interact here and stay current on all things related to drums. Looking forward to learning and enjoying.

User Info Menu

Welcome Gary, Dan, Syclone, Rosanne, Andrew and OldNardGuy! ... and anyone else I missed!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gbkirsch View Post
    Hi, I'm Gary
    Male
    1969 Ludwig 5 piece set
    Hi Gary................welcome.
    We want to see pictures............got any photos ?
    Not of you............we want to see the vintage '69 Luddies !
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Hi Gary................welcome.
    We want to see pictures............got any photos ?
    Not of you............we want to see the vintage '69 Luddies !
    How can I pass up such a nice request?! Here you go Ricardo, my set in my man cave:

User Info Menu

all new DW hardware and Pearl pedal, tags still on while I was deciding if I liked everything. I do. Great strides have been made in hardware over the years. My original Ludwig cymbal stands for instance fell over quite easily so this stuff is awesome!!

Thanks for the welcome Tom. Way cool site man, thanks!!
    Last edited by Gbkirsch; 10-22-2015 at 10:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Hi, my name is Alex.
    I'm a 38 male from France.
    I play on a PDP Cx Crimson Red in Fusion setup, and a CB drums turned into eDrum.
    I like light hitter drummer, like Chad Smith or Dave Grohl
    I play drums at noon with my coworkers.
    I do not see dead people, nowhere, never.
    And I found drumchat looking for drums info.

See you

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC J4n5

User Info Menu

France is REPRESENTIN! Welcome Alex!

User Info Menu

Thanks

User Info Menu

Hey all,

My name is Spencer. I'm 22 years old (thus my username). I actually used to be very active on here in the past. I went by 13drummer then. Somehow I lost my account info and password, so I made a new account. I'm a dude

I'm from Kentucky. Currently in college, working toward a degree in business management. My goal, simply put, is to play/write music for the rest of my life. I don't really worry about how much money I make. If I can make enough to live, that works for me. If playing in a band and touring doesn't work for me, I would be fine with teaching, working for a music company, or, given my college major, maybe starting my own music business (studio, artist management, etc). I just want to be around music forever, so whatever I have to do to accomplish that will work for me.

I have a set of red, Pearl Export Series drums. It's a 6 piece, 8", 10", 12", 14" toms and a 14" snare, with a 22" bass drum. I also added a 16" floor tom from my previous set of Pearl drums. Cymbals are 13" ZBT hats (Sometimes switch them out with 14" ZXT hats, depending on the sound I'm going for), 16" Med Thin Avedis crash, 16" ZXT Med Thin crash, 20" ZXT Med ride, and 8" ZXT flash splash.

I can't choose just ONE favorite drummer. I would have to say Dave Grohl, Scott Phillips (Creed, Alter Bridge), and Chad Szeliga (Breaking Benjamin, Black Label Society) are my favorites.

I am in a band. We're called "Idylwild". We have a vast array of influences, some of which the guys have that I've never even heard of. Our set list we play out has a wide range (Beatles, Skynard, Zeppelin, Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeren, Van Morrison), so basically everything. We even play Blackstreet, Semisonic, and Garth Brooks.

I'm excited to be back and again active again. Of all the forums I've been a part of, DrumChat is without a doubt my favorite. Love the community here.

If you've got questions, I'll answer 'em!

User Info Menu

So..........you'll need to change your user name every year?

User Info Menu

That's funny.
    Welcome back 22drummer
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Welcome one and all to the best drummers site on the internet. Any chance you get - post pics of your drums - be they drum kits, add-ons, hand drums etc. We LOVE drums here - and we love those who play em~ Got questions - we have an amazing bunch of talented drummers here who are glad to share their knowledge - Got answers? Dont be shy - jump in and share your knowledge with the rest of us.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    So..........you'll need to change your user name every year?
    I suppose I'll consider it

User Info Menu

Name : Yassin
    Male
    Type of Drums : Basix with Paiste cymbals
    Favorite Drummer : John Bonham , Ringo Starr , Matt Helders , Dave Grohl
    Band : Supposedly, but we only played once and they are probably trying to replace me lol
    Do you see dead people ? : Does broken sticks count as dead people ?
    I found DC thanks to google .

User Info Menu

Talking Re: Introduce Yourself!

Your Name: Andrew

What type of Drums do you play? : I Currently Own 2 Kits
    Mapex Pro-M - Ice Blue Finish - 6pc
    - Mapex, DW & Gibralter Hardware

Tama Swingstar - Jet Black Wrap - 4pc
    - Tama Hardware

Cymbals
    Zildjian
    -22" A Medium Ride
    -20" A Custom Projection Crash
    -18" A Custom Medium Crash
    -18" Z Custom Medium Crash
    -14" A Custom Projection Hi-Hats

Sabian
    -21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride
    -18" AAX Bright Crash
    -12" AAX Splash

-16" Paragon Crash
    -10" Paragon Splash
    -8" Paragon Splash
    -20" Paragon China
    -20" Paragon Diamondback China

Wuhan
    -20" China

Paiste
    -14" PST 5 Medium Hi-Hats

Who is your Favorite Drummer?
    Top 3: Neil Peart, Taylor Hawkins, Ray Luzier

Are you in a band? Yes
    I currently am playing with a Polish Style Polka Band - Tony's Polka Band from Amsterdam, NY

I also do some fill in work with other Polka Bands in the Buffalo, NY area

Do you see dead people? all depends

How did you find Drum Chat? I was searching (and still are) for a 9x10 Mapex Pro-M Ice Blue Rack Tom to add to my kit. I have very recently purchased a 14x10 floor tom to add to that same kit.

User Info Menu

Your Name: Jamie
    Male
    Ludwig ELEMENT ICON birch / MAPEX SATURN lV
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? Gavin Harrison / Virgil Donati
    Are you in a band? Yes
    Going into pro recording studio in Jan. 2016, Christian Rock

I have been playing drums for over 3 decades (with breaks) and just recently was able to finance new and re buy my Saturn lVs that I was forced into selling.
    This is an amazing thing being that my wife decided to make the deal to get my beloved kit back (on layaway). It was tough to have to part with my gear, but it seems that being a drummer is still in the cards for me. It's in the blood.

This seems like a great place to talk shop with a great bunch of like minded people. Thanks for having me and looking forward to seeing you all on the boards!
    MAPEX - SABIAN - PEARL - VIC FIRTH

User Info Menu

Your Name Slimdelight, you can call me Slim. I live in Indiana. I've played the drums since about 1997. Marched in high school, also competed in WGI Concert Class. Since I graduated high school I've played drums in a handful of bands. Started in a couple of goth/black metal bands, and have since grown out of that phase, and have stuck to classic rock and country cover bands for about the last 10 years.
    Age 31
    Male or Female? Male
    What type of Drums do you play? 99' Tama Swingstars (10", 12", 13", and 16", and a 6.5x14" superstar snare), cymbals: 14" A Custom Mastersound, 16" A custom Crash, 17" A Custom Projection Crash, and a 20" A Custom Ping Ride.
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? Chad Smith
    Are you in a band? Yep, a classic rock/classic country/blues cover band.
    Do you see dead people? Occasionally...
    How did you find Drum Chat? Google.
    Last edited by Slimdelight; 11-25-2015 at 04:29 PM.

User Info Menu

Hello everyone!
    I'm new here and I just wanted to say Hi! I'm new forum user but not a new drummer - I have Tama Superstar Custom