Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1558

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

Hi, I'm Ben.
    I'm 40, or half of 80, depending on the mood.

I'm not a drummer, but I am right into my tongue drums, marimba and bongos - and all manner of tuned percussion.
    Guitar and bass are my primary instruments.

Who is your Favorite Drummer? Stewart Copeland. A close first to Vinnie Colaiuta.

Are you in a band? Yes.

Do you see dead people? Not lately.

How did you find Drum Chat? Through my research for a documentary I am making.

User Info Menu

Your Name: Ben
    What type of Drums do you play? African / tuned percussion - tongue drums, bongos, marimba, kalimba...
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? Stewart Copeland, as a close first to Vinnie Colaiuta
    Are you in a band? Yes
    Do you see dead people? Not lately
    How did you find Drum Chat? As part of my research for a doco I am working on!

User Info Menu

Welcome Ben!
    Thanks for joining us!

User Info Menu

Your Name: Lou
    Male or Female? Male
    What type of Drums do you play? None, yet...
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? Animal from The Muppets
    Are you in a band? No
    Do you see dead people? On occasion...
    How did you find Drum Chat? Stumbled in while researching what to buy

User Info Menu

Hello guy's and girls. Newbie drummer here. But spent 20 years as a Mobile disc jockey. So I consider myself a rhythmic person. Had a drum set at 14.(poked holes in it) Took 3 lessons in the Eighties (5 bucks for a half hour then lol) I have recently bought a 5 piece new set and a bunch of other pieces and have cobbled together a fairly decent kit (I think) ZBT's on my hi-hats. Mienl 20in ride. Zildjian crash and my favorite a Mapex Piccolo snare that pops like no one's business. Taking on-line courses.. And am fairly happy with my progress in 3 months time. Working on building independent limbs right now. Frustratingly hard but can see more opportunities to improve. Hope to learn more here. Thanks for reading. Damian

User Info Menu

Welcome to the new members!

User Info Menu

Hello guys and girls. Newbie drummer here. Got a beautiful Pearl kit at 14. Punched holes in it. Took 2 lessons at 25 yrs old in the eighties (5 bucks for a half hour then lol) then stopped. But I was a mobile DJ for 20 years and have always considered myself a rhythmic person. Recently (at 60 now) bought a 5 piece starter set and another used kit. And have cobbled together a fairly nice kit I think. Upgraded cymbals to ZBT hats, Meinl 20in ride and Paiste crashes. Taking online classes.Working on limb independence right now. Frustrating but making progress. Joined here because I'm sure it can only speed up my progress. Thanks for reading. Damian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Braveone View Post
    Hello guys and girls. Newbie drummer here. Got a beautiful Pearl kit at 14. Punched holes in it. Took 2 lessons at 25 yrs old in the eighties (5 bucks for a half hour then lol) then stopped. But I was a mobile DJ for 20 years and have always considered myself a rhythmic person. Recently (at 60 now) bought a 5 piece starter set and another used kit. And have cobbled together a fairly nice kit I think. Upgraded cymbals to ZBT hats, Meinl 20in ride and Paiste crashes. Taking online classes. Working on limb independence right now. Frustrating but making progress. Joined here because I'm sure it can only speed up my progress. Thanks for reading. Damian
    Welcome to DC. Drum on.

User Info Menu

Thank you for taking the time to welcome me. There seems to be so much to do, see and learn on the drums. It can be a bit daunting at times. But I try to keep it simple and practice the basic grooves (I think I know about 2 lol) and when and where to add fills and such. For me, the count is important. And I have a 25 minute drive to work. So I take one stick in my off hand (left) and just play singles and doubles on my steering wheel lol. Crazy I guess. But I'm a right handed meatcutter. So that hand has no issues. But my left is another story all together lol. But honestly, I've made great strides in using that hand because of it.

User Info Menu

Hi All. I'm Rich. Hanging on to 49. Been playing since I was 10ish but had to take about 10 years off due to family. But now back in it full swing.
    My current project, Jack FoolerY is doing quite well, despite our ages, we all still seem to get some Rock out.
    Making your way in the world today takes everything you're not...

User Info Menu

Hi everyone! My names Matt. I'm 22 years old and from Victoria, Australia. I used to be on here a fair bit, but in the years since I've forgotten my login details to my old account. Which might be a good thing, since I dont mind being a bit more separated from my posts as a 13-15ish year old, which probably left a bit of maturity to be desired.

I've been drumming for about 10 years now. At the minute I'm playing a Sonor 3007 series, somewhere between a 4 and 11 piece depending on the day. I also have a PDP X7 7-piece stashed away for rehearsal and gigs, but they're a bit less common these days. I was in a metal band not long ago that did a few gigs around Australia but had to step out of that due to a back injury.

It's good to see some people still around here that were on years ago when I was.

User Info Menu

Welcome back Matt. \m/

Love my Sonor kits and love my PDP X7 also. Great choices!

User Info Menu

Welcome back!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Your Name (it's OK if you want to keep your real name private)

Cameron

Male or Female?

Male

What type of Drums do you play?

Mapex Black Panther Black Widow

Who is your Favorite Drummer?

Blake Richardson, Derek Roddy, Bill Bruford, Neil Peart... the list is endless!

Are you in a band?

Not currently.

Do you see dead people?

All the time.

How did you find Drum Chat?

Through Google.
    Los Cabos Drumsticks
    Mapex Black Panther Black Widow Drums
    Evans Drumheads
    Meinl Cymbals
    Axis Pedals

User Info Menu

Smile Re: Introduce Yourself!

Greetings drummer friends!
    I'm a newbie to this forum, and am happy to be here.
    Before being officially granted access herein, I introduced myself, but the text doesn't seem to exist, so I assume this acceptance was necessary prior to attempting a post.
    I am a drummer of many years now, involved in our art in numerous various capacities. This includes set playing, marching, session work, teaching, orchestral, and local theater. Subsequently, I thoroughly enjoy lots of musical genres (recently, listening to my library on random shuffle, a friend remarked, "Dude, seriously? Mozart to Lamb Of God?!"
    I presently play drum set at home, practicing primarily for health reasons. The inherent cardio is always a plus, but I find myself in a disabled state, and my efforts greatly aid in physical coordination. When asked by old friends to jam, I am sadly required to say I am now a drummer with four bad limbs, and a shadow of my former self.
    There are presently three kits that tolerate my daily endeavors, scattered around the house; a clunker beater of mismatched brands, a nicely restored (thank you very much) Gretsch Catalina - toms arranged in a marching quads configuration, and a beloved North Drums beast that I plan on restoring this Summer in a "jelly bean" color scheme. Photos may follow.
    My primary go-to choice of cymbals are Zildjian "A's", but do have others that just plain sound good.
    I look forward to meeting and chatting with you, and again its a pleasure to find this place (go Drum Bum!).
    Peace,
    John

User Info Menu

Same here, igotthchop. I've not been able to participate whatsoever since I registered last year. I can't seem to find where to contact mods for info. Oh well. Great forum anyway. At least I can see everyone else's posts.

User Info Menu

Smile Re: Introduce Yourself!

Right on 6 Stroke! It seems at least you and I can see each other.
    Maybe a wizard will find us out here floating in the dark, and let us know the grand secrets to properly enter and engage! :D
    Peace!

User Info Menu

Hi Everyone,

My name is Sam and I've been playing since age 6 and just turned 58 (yikes) a few weeks ago.

Played in drum corp from age 9 until 12 (when I realized how cool drum set was) and studied for many years.

Currently playing in 2 bands - a funk/r&b band and another band that plays originals similar to grateful dead grooves.

Have 3 kits: 6-piece Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute in dark cherry, Gretsch Renown 6-piece in piano black and Yamaha Power-V 4-piece in black (my crasher kit). Snares: Pearl Free-Float Brass 3.5x14, Yamaha vintage steel 7x14, and Tama SLP G-Maple 7x13. The last one purchased yesterday as a result of some great advice received HERE. Cymbals: 60's Zildjian 22" ride, Zildjian 16" A Custom Crash, zildjian 18" A Custom Crash, Meinl 18" Byzantine Extra Dry Thin Crash, Zildjian A Custom HH, and Zildian New Beat HH. Zildjian 8" and 10" splashes, Paiste 22" ride, 60's 22" Zildjian sizzler, and other misc (mostly zildjians). Gibralter rack on Yamaha kit. Gretsch kit has virgin kick and floor tom. DW 3000 HH, DW 5000 kick pedal, PDP HH, Camco kick pedal, and old Pearl kick pedal. Also, have a 60's Ludwig HH stand that's like new.

Favorite Drummers: Dave Weckl, Steve Gadd, and Stewart Copeland

User Info Menu

Hi folks, not an introduction but a re-introduction. Used to be a regular on here about 6 or 7 years ago, then I lost my drum room (kids wanted a bedroom!), then I tried to play e-kit and hated it, then I stopped playing altogether. A couple of years later I actually got a soundproof studio at the bottom of my garden, but for some reason didn’t get back into playing straight away, and suddenly it was four years later! Anyway, back in the saddle now and just got myself a new tutor to try and properly crack this drumming thing this time. So with my return to the fold I thought I should come back to Drum Chat as well, so hi everyone!
    You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

GideonDrums Guest

Hi everyone! My name is Gideon and i'm brand new here.

I've been playing drums for about 13 years now, I'm 24 years old.

I play a Mapex Saturn IV kit and currently play Meinl cymbals but I tend to switch around my cymbals every so often. I also own a Roland TD30KV which is absolutely amazing and I love it.

I love a lot of great drummers just to name a few: Tony Royster Jr, Steve Gadd, Chris Coleman.

I'm in a band called Familiar Spirit and we just released our first music video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtLNH_YfVjE

I look forward to spending some more time on here and talking all things drumz!

User Info Menu

Hello everyone.

Brian
    Male
    Played Tama since 1986. '86 Superstars. Just last month received my dream kit 8pc Starclassic Maples.
    Many favorite drummers (Buddy, Tony, Prof, Simon Phillips, Carter, etc.)
    Not in a full band right now. Play a 2 man acoustic gig with a local acoustic guitarist, singer, songwriter.
    I don't see dead people, but I hear them!
    Google search.
    SCBrian27
    1986 6pc. Tama Superstars
    2018 8pc. Tama Starclassic Maples

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SCBrian27 View Post
    Hello everyone.

Brian
    Male
    Played Tama since 1986. '86 Superstars. Just last month received my dream kit 8pc Starclassic Maples.
    Many favorite drummers (Buddy, Tony, Prof, Simon Phillips, Carter, etc.)
    Not in a full band right now. Play a 2 man acoustic gig with a local acoustic guitarist, singer, songwriter.
    I don't see dead people, but I hear them!
    Google search.
    Welcome SCBrian27! Lot's of Tama fans here!

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum SCBrian27!

User Info Menu

Welcome!! I'm glad you are here SCBrian27.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Welcome SCBrian27! Lot's of Tama fans here!
    Thanks!
    SCBrian27
    1986 6pc. Tama Superstars
    2018 8pc. Tama Starclassic Maples