Thread: Hey Newbies

User Info Menu

Default Hey Newbies

To our new friends.....don't forget, there are many, many pages of threads in each forum on this site....when you have time, take a look through some of the other pages in each respective section, I wouldn't mind seeing some fresh perspectives on some of the older threads.

Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

BTG,
    Just got here not too long ago. Still a bit overwhelmed by all the posts and info. I try to add things when I can, but I still feel somewhat out of place. Getting a bit more comfortable though.

User Info Menu

Roger Roger. Pastor is right Its a biiiiiig place. It would take ages to go through old posts.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    BTG,
    Just got here not too long ago. Still a bit overwhelmed by all the posts and info. I try to add things when I can, but I still feel somewhat out of place. Getting a bit more comfortable though.
    Please don't feel out of place, all are welcomed and everyone has a place here

User Info Menu

I tried going through all the old posts when I first came, needless to say I gave up.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Big,

Funny you mention that , Ive been reading several old threads and have been tempted quite a few times to bring them back with a comment. Next time Im reading one and feel the urge to comment I will for you.

gonefishin

User Info Menu

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Please don't feel out of place, all are welcomed and everyone has a place here
    DC,

Just wanted to say thanks. You are always a day brightener. Let me point out, without being too forward, that your hubby's a lucky man. I appreciate how welcome people have made me feel, and I am getting more comfortable all the time. I even started a new thread under the Drum Set catagory today. Just need some advice from people with more experience. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    DC,

Just wanted to say thanks. You are always a day brightener. Let me point out, with being too forward, that your hubby's a lucky man. I appreciate how welcome people have made me feel, and I am getting more comfortable all the time. I even started a new thread under the Drum Set catagory today. Just need some advice from people with more experience. Thanks!
    You are very welcome pastor bob, glad you are here!

User Info Menu

Cool Hey newbies...

pokin' through the threads will give you an idea of what we're about...just a few at a time will do. If you have a particular interest, just look at the categories...for example (glaringly obvious example for me !), if you dig hand drumming, go to "Percussion."
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hey Newbies

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    BTG,
    Don't worry, you will get the hang of this place in no time. Don't be shy either, if you have some input feel free to post away.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by areFish View Post
    Don't worry, you will get the hang of this place in no time. Don't be shy either, if you have some input feel free to post away.
    Yeah Pastor, you should feel free to ask questions and give input where ever. We appreciate everyones views on here.

-Steven

User Info Menu

Wink Re: Hey Newbies

Don't encourage him, folks. Next thing you know, he'll be playing in a band..!
    Have a nice day.
    Dad3353 (Douglas...)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by areFish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Yeah Pastor, you should feel free to ask questions and give input where ever. We appreciate everyones views on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad3353 View Post
    Don't encourage him, folks. Next thing you know, he'll be playing in a band..!
    You guys made me laugh! I guess I really did get comfortable, and I think that was drum_chick's fault. She was a lot of fun, and she has a way of drawing people out. I miss her around her.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    You guys made me laugh! I guess I really did get comfortable, and I think that was drum_chick's fault. She was a lot of fun, and she has a way of drawing people out. I miss her around her.
    I think she just got busy with life. And I don't think she's playing drums anymore so she may not feel as connected in here. But she still stops by every once in a while to say hello.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I think she just got busy with life. And I don't think she's playing drums anymore so she may not feel as connected in here. But she still stops by every once in a while to say hello.
    Yep, it happens. Kiddos growing up and beginning to leave home sure can change your focus.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I think that I have started back up a lot old threads ever since I became a member. I love this place!
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware