Thread: What do you call..?

User Info Menu

Thumbs up What do you call..?

Hey guys,

I am a noob when it comes to anything bass drum.

What do you call those 'stickers' that you put on the drum head where the beater hits the skin so it doesnt damage the skin?

Iffff that makes sense.. haha.

And yeah does these little pads extent the life of your drum head? or are they a Necessity?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,

Aidan

User Info Menu

Default Re: What do you call..?

The ones I am using at the moment are called a Bass Drum Patch by Evans.They are stick on nylon and oval to fit my double beaters.When I used to use my single Speed King beater,I had a round thick plastic one but I cant remember the name.They are to keep the beater from wearing down the Bass head.I dont think they are a necessity,but extending the life of your Bass head means not buying another one as soon.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ludwiglifer View Post
    the ones i am using at the moment are called a bass drum patch by evans.they are stick on nylon and oval to fit my double beaters.when i used to use my single speed king beater,i had a round thick plastic one but i cant remember the name.they are to keep the beater from wearing down the bass head.i dont think they are a necessity,but extending the life of your bass head means not buying another one as soon.
    +1

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

I use the plastic side of my beater so I use the remo Falam Slam patches. They are a bit more heavy duty then the Evans patches that come with the heads.

User Info Menu

Yeah, Remo Falam Slams, Aquarian Kick Pads, Evans EQ/AF Patches, Danmar Impact Pads...
    - Zack