Thread: RIP - Mike Starr, former Alice in Chains bassist

User Info Menu

Default RIP - Mike Starr, former Alice in Chains bassist

Mike Starr, 'Celebrity Rehab' alumnus and former Alice in Chains bassist, dies at 44

By Tim Kenneally
    TheWrap.com

Former Alice in Chains bass player Mike Starr, who was on the third season of "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew," was found dead in a Salt Lake City home on Tuesday, the Salt Lake City Police Department has confirmed. He was 44.

Dr. Drew Pinksy, host of "Celebrity Rehab," responded to Starr's death by tweeting Tuesday, "Devastating to hear of Mike Starr succumbing to his illness. So very sad. Our prayers are with his family."

Starr appeared on the VH1 reality series' third season, which aired in 2009, with a cast that included Tom Sizemore and Heidi Fleiss. He was in desperate need of help: His first appearance included him being treated for a large sore caused by shooting up heroin.

The musician was arrested in Salt Lake City last month for felony possession of a controlled substance. According to police, he had Xanax and the painkiller Opana in his possession at the time of his arrest.

A spokesperson for the Salt Lake City Police Department said the police answered a call at 1:42 p.m. on Tuesday and found Starr's body. Cause of death is pending investigation by the medical examiner.

Starr's father told TMZ, which first reported the death, that it was "a terrible shock and tragedy."
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Default Re: RIP - Mike Starr, former Alice in Chains bassist

Sad story, RIP Mike
    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    TAMA - AQUARIAN - DW PEDALS - SABIAN - ISTANBUL MEHMET - ZILDJIAN - PAISTE - VATER

Member: Aquarian Preacher Nation & AAXplosion army...

AND I CONFESS I'M A DRUMGEAR-A-HOLIC

User Info Menu

Default Re: RIP - Mike Starr, former Alice in Chains bassist

Always and still one of my favorite bands. Just wish that Mike and Layne could have kept clean and still be a part of it. R.I.P.

sk
    "A man can NEVER have too many cymbals"

Proudly Playing

Sonor Force 3007 Stage One Piano Black 22X17.5 kick, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 and 16" toms
    Pork Pie Big Black Snare
    Vater Sticks/Brushes
    Remo Vintage Emperor, Emperor X, and Powerstroke Pro Heads
    Paiste Twenty/2002/Signature Cymbals
    Sonor/DW/Gibraltar Hardware