Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noise Complaint

User Info Menu

Default Noise Complaint

My 14 year-old daughter keeps complaining about the noise my drums make! Talk about role reversal. Do any of you have KIDS who complain about your noise? I swear. Mom never gets to have fun in this house.

User Info Menu

well I had sort of the same situation, but i eventually took 2 weeks to move down to my carport. but if you have no were else to move in your house, i suggest looking into buying some drum muters >>http://www.vicfirth.com/products/pads&mutes.html they reduce noise level to about 95% (this is what iv read). hope you figure it out!

User Info Menu

everybody complains, do i care? nope . my 2yr old daughter is a drumsteress in the making she loves it (for now)!
    I ONLY WANTED TO HELP YOU ROLAND

User Info Menu

Emancipated minor?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Emancipated minor?
    Oh, man! It's spooky how we think alike. Seriously, I think the appropriate responce to your daughter is "Sshaaahdup!".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    Oh, man! It's spooky how we think alike. Seriously, I think the appropriate responce to your daughter is "Sshaaahdup!".
    LOL Exactly!

User Info Menu

I got a better one. Next time you make scrambled eggs, use the cast iron pan, let the eggs stick, and don't wash it. Don't let it soak. Let it stay funky. Then, when little missy makes a snide remark about your music...your wonderfully artistic and unbelievably creative masterpiece, just say, "hey sis, there's a dish in the sink I need you to wash for me please". Try not to drown out your drumming with uproarious laughter as she toils away for the next hour. Oh, oh, better yet! Since she'll still be hard at it long after your practice is done, tell her to scrub quietly because you're having a hard time hearing the TV.

Aint I a stinker?

User Info Menu

throw a drumstick at the spoiled little *#!$@!!!

User Info Menu

I was actually thinking of talking to Lafirin's parents to see if they want to swap for a quiet girl...I just don't know if he could handle the Arizona heat...

User Info Menu

When the kids complain, a good response is, "When you pay the mortgage, electric bill, buy food (etc etc), THEN you can complain. Until then, (as RD so eloquently put it) SHADDAP!!!
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Dude, this is a 14 year old girl. She will just roll her eyes and tell me I am stooopid and slam her door. I guess if I can't get this Lafirin trade to go through, I'll just shut my door and when she b!tchez play louder.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drummina
    Dude, this is a 14 year old girl. She will just roll her eyes and tell me I am stooopid and slam her door. I guess if I can't get this Lafirin trade to go through, I'll just shut my door and when she b!tchez play louder.
    Whao! Well, I'd have to salute my kids bravery if they ever called me stupid.

Anyway, I hear curing girls of door slamming is pretty easy. You just take her bedroom door of when she's at school and store it up in the garage rafters for a month or two.

User Info Menu

Uh, yeah, I am a pushover. Maybe now that you are my humble servant, you could come over here and take care of this little problem for me. She's only 96 pounds, I bet you could take her. Though she is a dancer and I am sure she could kick you to death if you became careless...

User Info Menu

Lol! Yeah, well can I bring my wife as "chick protection" then? We're both real hardcore on the discipline thing. I guess I could tell her "I took your door off. If you roll your eyes at me, sigh, put your hands on your hips, or act ungracious in any way, my next move is to cut it up into little pieces with my Sawzall.

User Info Menu

Ha-ha-ha! That is our favorite trick, remove the bedroom door. Then I am not the "grounding police." Taking the cell phone away was good but then she broke it. Yes, you better bring your wife, she is feisty and fights dirty. Just don't tell Lafirin's parents, I may be shipping her to Canada.

User Info Menu

Oh, man. There would be some head butt'n there big time. I always try to leave the impression with my boys that I'm just a little imballanced. They're not really sure what I'll do if they challenge me, but they know it will be very unpleasant. They know I can be way more unreasonable than they can if they want to go there.

The first thing that comes to my mind is embarrassment. I'd probably do something like wait until we were in a store where there were boys her age and go "Hey, don't stare at those boys! Hey, you guys like divas?" in a really loud voice.

User Info Menu

Yes, door-off-hinges-in-attic! That's an O'Leary fav! LOL

User Info Menu

well my sister is actually close to that age, shes 15.. oh I would love to set her in her place.. but since shes always right, what can ya do? . id think twice about trading sisters.. well in my opinion anyways, why don't you just go for a low blow and say, Im trying to do something with my life!! drumming takes skill and alot of work, unlike your sissy dancing. mabye not..

User Info Menu

Yes, they are horrible at this age. I know, I used to be this age too. So, wanna come be my son and play drums all day and night? I have my new acoustic set, your new father has an electronic hybrid no-name/Roland set. Tell your parents to expect another daughter in your place. See what they say. The 15 year old can knock her around when she gets out of hand. And RD and his wife will help raise her too, she really does require four parents...

User Info Menu

My daughter used to complain about all the noise I make. I found the sure-fire cure to this problem:

piano lessons!

She no longer complains and instead, plays along with me. It has actually brought us closer together and she has learned that a musician must "make a lot of noise" when creating.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Ok, theres a little thing that the italian ladys can learn

Teach your wife, the art of the smack

Take your hand like a highfive, then turn it backwards, go across her mouth with your arm, and flick your wrist at the last second to get a nice drag out of the nails, thatll shut her up

Then start pulling off the door if she slams it, its YOUR house, not hers, if shes gotta proble with it, tell her to go kick rocks, or take a walk or something

User Info Menu

Wow, I didn't know drummers were so tough! Maybe the more I drum, the tougher I will get...Last night I told her to buzz off and ignored her. Later, she came in and started playing so maybe she will convert...

User Info Menu

Good job man!

Maybe she will get into it, you can always hope for that so theres no noise complaint

User Info Menu

Man? Shes a woman!

User Info Menu

I try to be...