Thread: Orchestral cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Orchestral cymbals

How are these different from regular kit cymbals? Are they lighter? Haas anyone added these to a kit?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Default Re: Orchestral cymbals

Quote Originally Posted by DrumRookie View Post
    How are these different from regular kit cymbals? Are they lighter? Haas anyone added these to a kit?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
    In middle school i used an 18" Zildjian Suspended cymbal on the kit there. I really like the sound. good crash, good bell, good tone. id add one to my kit now without thinking twice. its really just about which sound works for you.
    Sabian Squad (Albeit Ironically )

Check out my Youtube Channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/AustVaiv?feature=mhee

User Info Menu

Default Re: Orchestral cymbals

We had a Constantinople Suspended cymbal for orchestra. I borrowed it all the time for jazz band. Sounded great to me.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi