Thread: Emperor x VS Controlled sound

User Info Menu

Talking Emperor x VS Controlled sound

i know they both have power dots but what are the main differences in the heads? i currently have the emperor x but im wondering about the controlled sound head too..

Thnaks people

User Info Menu

Default Re: Emperor x VS Controlled sound

Controlled sound is a coated ambassador with the dot. An Emperor X is a coated Emperor with the dot. Pretty much a 2 ply version of the controlled sound.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Pretty much the difference is whether or not you want a single ply, vs a double ply head. They are by design the same head otherwise, however it should be noted that only the controlled sound comes in both clear and coated versions for various size drums. Emperor x is coated texture only, if I had to speculate i'd say it's a move by Remo to market this particular head towards metalheads and to compete with Evans hydraulics and Aquarian Performance II's. It seems like Remo is struggling to compete with the other companies now, as evidenced by the products they've been releasing like powerstroke x.

The pinstripes are considered close to the sound you could get with deadheads from other companies, but they aren't doing exactly the same thing, so perhaps they are trying to steal the thunder from the other guys. This is really shameless to copy everyone else's designs with a slightly different aesthetic, when Remo should be focusing on making their coating stronger. Remo isn't the only one doing it though, Evans is just as guilty of copying a product by Remo when the ec2/ec1's debuted years back. I'm glad Aquarian doesn't play these childish marketing games, and continues to provide affordable, good sounding, long lasting heads for all types of sounds. It's because of this that i'll be a repeat customer for some time.
    Last edited by Russ; 04-17-2011 at 02:55 AM.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Are we talking about the snare heads?
    Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar