Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: DamageDrummer and late8 Team Up

User Info Menu

Default Re: DamageDrummer and late8 Team Up

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Bumping this up. DOT's first arena show outside of Sacramento. 20+ bands with three stages at Pico Rivera CA. I told the guys I'd help them out as their stage manager. Jerry's still drumming in the band. Looking forward to a weekend of metal in LA.

Nice!

User Info Menu

Has anyone ever noticed how menacing these band names are?

Upon a Burning Body? Dread? Within the Ruins? Lord of War? And of course, Damage Over Time!

Heavy metal baby! LOL!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Thrash metal band called - Daises & Poppies doesn't have the same ring to it.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by markthechuck View Post
    Love it!

If I ever start a heavy metal/thrashmetal/metalcore/etc. band, that settles it. I'm calling it Unicorns and Rainbows.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by markthechuck View Post
    Bawhahaha!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Love it!

If I ever start a heavy metal/thrashmetal/metalcore/etc. band, that settles it. I'm calling it Unicorns and Rainbows.
    Dang, I already had that reserved. Guess I'll have to use my back up name now...Fairy Duzt & Glitter. The 'z' in Dust is what makes it tuff.

Tex

User Info Menu

Dang, I already had that reserved. Guess I'll have to use my back up name now...Fairy Duzt & Glitter. The 'z' in Dust is what makes it tuff.

Tex
    LOL!
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

Bumping this up for an update. I ended up not working this show. Scheduling conflicts butted heads with travel plans so I bailed out a week before the show. The band's plan was to turn right around and drive home right after their set; this is after driving all night Friday to get to the venue by Saturday morning. I found some pics and pieced together some idea of how it all went down for the guys.

Pico Rivera Sports Complex, a five stage venue. The venue map was provided by the promoter. I'm going to assume DOT was at the "ShipWreck Cove" stage near the band parking lot. There were two distinct things that tipped me off to where the band was set up: (see yellow highlights)

#1- The awning:

#2- A parked van (see arrow). Must be the band parking area?

"Damage Over Time" was not on the official flyer which tells me they were billed as a "local" band. Bummer considering there was a "buy in" to play at this show!

Last edited by late8; 07-28-2015 at 02:03 PM.

User Info Menu

Doors at 10:30am

Main stage:

Around 8:30pm:

User Info Menu

Pretty cool but must say the buy in sucks. I don't do that anymore or sell tickets anymore. That is a bunch of BS. Were playing Aug 15th for free and although that sucks too we'd rather do it that way. Were already going to have a larger than usual out of pocket expense for the fuel to get there. About an hour outside ATL. Hopefully there'll be some good exposure.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Pretty cool but must say the buy in sucks. I don't do that anymore or sell tickets anymore. That is a bunch of BS. Were playing Aug 15th for free and although that sucks too we'd rather do it that way. Were already going to have a larger than usual out of pocket expense for the fuel to get there. About an hour outside ATL. Hopefully there'll be some good exposure.
    Yes, the buy in sucks. If I had to pay to play, I want to be on the main stage. DOT looked like they were playing from the parking lot. Good luck to you guys on the show...drive safe!!
    Last edited by late8; 07-30-2015 at 03:13 PM.

User Info Menu

The promoters or whoever should've gotten a nice letter after that event. It looks like it was okay but like you say Rich it looks like they were under a tent at the exit of the grounds. Also looks to be pretty early in the day.

They should've broke down the performers into two groups and use two main stages for two separate shows. That seems fair to everybody.

Who's playing in the b/w photo? that's a metal band? they kind of look like ........ not very metal.
    Last edited by slinky; 07-30-2015 at 03:37 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

The promoters or whoever should've gotten a nice letter after that event. It looks like it was okay but like you say Rich it looks like they were under a tent at the exit of the grounds. Also looks to be pretty early in the day.

They should've broke down the performers into two groups and use two main stages for two separate shows. That seems fair to everybody.

Who's playing in the b/w photo? that's a metal band? they kind of look like ........ not very metal.
    Slinky, pretty good observations...looks like they played when the doors opened or a few hours thereafter. No lights under their awning tells me that stage was "86" when the headlining acts started. I have no clue who those guys were...

User Info Menu

Bumping this thread up since I last posted a year ago. DamageDrummer (aka) Jerry has started to lessen his commitment with the band and is now helping out a newly selected drummer learn some of the older material while they're in transition. Ironically, Jerry's stage "costume" always covered his face with either a bandana or a mask. This will make the "new" guy slip in without much notice, except Jerry is a better drummer than the new guy but the new guy has some potential.

The band still wants me to be their stage manager and help in anyway I can to give the guy some "tips" when Jerry isn't around. I've been up to their band practices (1:45 drive one way) and have helped set up the kit by helping the new drummer with the layout and placement of cymbal stands and rack tom stands.

A new promo campaign started with new band photos and the hiring a video producer to crank out a new music video that is still in the planning stages.

Jerry shows up twice a month to work on the up coming July 2nd show which the band will headline and will continue to split the set with the new drummer for their August 13th show at a newly refurbished night club in Sacramento.

Here's a few pics of showing off their new drummer (wearing the hoodie) and new sample guy/vocalist (with the vertical face paint on his face). As drummer once posted in this thread, he noticed a few familiar faces from cell block "D".

Last edited by late8; 05-12-2016 at 05:05 PM.

User Info Menu

How's ol Jerry doing ? Hopefully both of you are doing well.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgkikker View Post
    How's ol Jerry doing ? Hopefully both of you are doing well.
    Thanks for asking Dawg! Jerry got into an auto accident about 2 month ago and spent 3 weeks on the couch taking pain meds and staying off his feet and staying home from work. A tow truck driver rear-ended him while Jerry was stopped at a light. The force of the impact twisted his hips and shoulders in opposite directions due to the seat beat harness and he had extreme pain management issues.

Now that he's healed, I noticed Jerry takes very small steps compared to the large stride he used to take when he walked. As I watched the band rehearse 2 weeks ago, I noticed Jerry gets really tired after doing a song that requires a constant double bass drum beat. He can muster enough strength to do about 4 really fast songs before he needs a short break.

He got really lucky and so did his bandmates. The drummer is truly the backbone of any band and while Jerry was healing, they had a less experienced drummer fill in to keep the band going while he recovered from the accident but it was never the same band with the substitute drummer and that really hit home for the fellas.
    Last edited by late8; 06-09-2016 at 02:45 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks for asking Dawg! Jerry got into an auto accident about 2 month ago and spent 3 weeks on the couch taking pain meds and staying off his feet and staying home from work. A tow truck driver rear-ended him while Jerry was stopped at a light. The force of the impact twisted his hips and shoulders in opposite directions due to the seat beat harness and he had extreme pain management issues.

Now that he's healed, I noticed Jerry takes very small steps compared to the large stride he used to take when he walked. As I watched the band rehearse 2 weeks ago, I noticed Jerry gets really tired after doing a song that requires a constant double bass drum beat. He can muster enough strength to do about 4 really fast songs before he needs a short break.

He got really lucky and so did his bandmates. The drummer is truly the backbone of any band and while Jerry was healing, they had a less experienced drummer fill in to keep the band going while he recovered from the accident but it was never the same band with the substitute drummer and that really hit home for the fellas.
    Oh no. Hate to hear that. Hope he recovers fully. Tell him we'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgkikker View Post
    Oh no. Hate to hear that. Hope he recovers fully. Tell him we'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
    Will do!! Thanks!!

User Info Menu

It's been over a year since a bump. Helped the boys out last Friday in Crockett CA., which is a small town 20 minutes north of San Francisco. The town sits at the mouth of the Carquinez Strait and it supported a busy sugar mill for C & H back in its heyday. The town is nothing more than a bedroom community for San Francisco today and the booming business of the sugar mill is long gone.

One of Crockett's last remaining watering hole of the bygone C & H days is a tavern called Toot's. (sorry for the blurry pics)

Some new faces:

New back up screamer:

New bass player:

Our buddy DamageDrummer on floor tom as the lead singer's kid plays a few new songs on the kit:

Last edited by late8; 08-28-2017 at 10:08 AM.

User Info Menu

continued...

User Info Menu

was anybody singing along ?
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

was anybody singing along ?
    lol! You should of heard the "mic check".

Sound guy: Gimme a mic check off of the second vocal mic...

Back up singer: "GRRRRR. GRRRRR"......

User Info Menu

lol! You should of heard the "mic check".

Sound guy: Gimme a mic check off of the second vocal mic...

Back up singer: "GRRRRR. GRRRRR"......
    Ha that's funny. Although this isn't really my type of music, I'd still like to experience it one day.

User Info Menu

Ha that's funny. Although this isn't really my type of music, I'd still like to experience it one day.
    Not my "cup of tea either" Randy but I like the effort this genre puts into their gigs. Lots of fast drumming...

User Info Menu

Don't get me wrong. I do like some metal just not quite that brutal. One of my favorite bands are actually a Christian metal band called Skillet.

If anyone else reads this, please don't take my 'brutal' comment as derogatory. Not meant to be.