Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dw Performance Kit

User Info Menu

Default Re: Dw Performance Kit

Quote Originally Posted by JimboJim View Post
    Great looking kit all around; did you special order it with the two floors; I've only seen shell packs with three toms (1 floor) online.
    Thanks, and I bought the 5pc and ordered the 16" separately.

Quote Originally Posted by gretschfan:) View Post
    thats an AWSOME set up. I'll bet it sounds killer!
    Thanks man! The sound I get out of these things is pretty hard to beat
    Dw | Zildjian | Pro-Mark | Evans

User Info Menu

Okay so I've managed to sell my 18" Med-thin crash, now all I've got to do is sell my 16". Like new condition for $80, not seeing why it's not selling Oh well.

Anyways, as soon as it sells, I'm going to buy either a 14" or 16" A custom efx cymbal. Anyone have experience with these? I need a good accent cymbal.

I also need some sort of table that can mount to my rack, for putting brushes, sticks, percussion items on. Any recommendations? It needs to be pretty good in size.

Also looking at getting a cowbell. I have NO idea whatsoever about them. Any recommendations?

User Info Menu

That is a really nice looking kit, they did a great job on the aesthetic aspect of them. Quite fond of flat white on kits, don't really know why. Loving your cymbal array too, can't lose with any of those classics arming your bronze battalion. Love the config too, just not entirely crazy about the snare lugs, and the bass reso heads.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    That is a really nice looking kit, they did a great job on the aesthetic aspect of them. Quite fond of flat white on kits, don't really know why. Loving your cymbal array too, can't lose with any of those classics arming your bronze battalion. Love the config too, just not entirely crazy about the snare lugs, and the bass reso heads.
    Thanks! White is my favorite on drums, I love it. And thanks, I'm fond of my cymbals too they blend very nicely together and..I HATE THE SNARE LUGS....That's my only complaint about the kit. As for the reso head, I do like the regular head better, but that's not a bad looking head. I'm going to change it out for emad, and then I've got a white DW sticker I'll put on it.

User Info Menu

Ciz, how did you set up your kick? Port the reso? Using the DW pillow? Using stock heads?

User Info Menu

Stock heads are still on, and yes I have the DW pillow and some matress foam in it. Will soon be taking the foam out and putting emads on it later on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ciz View Post
    Stock heads are still on, and yes I have the DW pillow and some matress foam in it. Will soon be taking the foam out and putting emads on it later on.
    Did you port the reso? Thanks for the info.

User Info Menu

Nice! So clean!

User Info Menu

Extremely classy looking! Good thing PB pointed out the shield too, i would have never noticed it.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by areFish View Post
    Did you port the reso? Thanks for the info.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    Nice! So clean!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by almostmatt1 View Post
    Extremely classy looking! Good thing PB pointed out the shield too, i would have never noticed it.

User Info Menu

Saw a red Performance kit in person Saturday. Gorgeous kit.