View Poll Results: Do you believe that this year will be the end of the world

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

0 0%
  • no

41 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe the end of this world is this year?

User Info Menu

Default Do you believe the end of this world is this year?

Do you believe that the end of the world will happen this year. I heard this on the news. In a way I do and I don't depending on which side of the table you look at it. Environmentally I could see it with the Nuclear Reactor leaks oil spills, pollution, chemical like pesticides, fertilizers in out food and GM Generically modified seeds etc which are making people sick. More people dying of cancer etc. Religious wise I have no comment realy cause I am not a religious person. Believe what you want but I would to know your input on this just something of topic.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Do you believe the end of this world is this year?

I do believe that the end of the world as it has been described in the Bible can be interpreted in a number of ways. Hubby and I reckons that the octogenarian who predicted this could very well have believed it was the end of his world as he knew it - maybe he got a vision and believed that it was really the end of the world for all. From our standpoint, JC is already here, God Immanuel - God within man.

So you see we are all still here; the day after the world was supposed to end. The end of the world for me is a spiritual matter.
    Soul Wanderer
    Skald
    Vǫlva

User Info Menu

I wonder if I could get one of those yellow t-shirts in a XXL.

User Info Menu

That creep got many his followers to drain there bank accounts to his organization because they believed the charlaton. These people are crooks.
    You would have to be a ignorant moron to follow people like this.
    Turn on your tv this morning. The stations are full of them. Just unbelieveable. Ok, now I have to get ready to go to a real church.

ThePloughman Guest

I was hoping it was gonna be a bit more dramatic than this.

User Info Menu

No one knows when the world will end. I just voted no on the poll because I don't think the world will end this year. Sure, it might, we don't know. I just think it won't.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

I believe there will some day be a zombie apocalypse and I will be one of the survivors because I gave read the zombie survival guide by max brooks 14 times oh and also my 9 years of boxing will come in handy
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePloughman View Post
    I was hoping it was gonna be a bit more dramatic than this.
    I agree. The only drama we had here was when our neighbor's house caught on fire. (Thankfully, they weren't home at the time!).

Other than that, yesterday was a typical Saturday here.

As for when the world will end, I, myself, don't think it'll be this year, but who knows.

User Info Menu

No I do not, but I do believe in life after love.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

The world will come to an end for many, in the form of death.
    But if you subscribe to what the Bible says about it, no one knows the day or hour.
    But I do feel that we are in the midst of many changes that will affect our way of living.
    For starters, the economy, the devaluation of the dollar and the hyperinflation will impact us all.
    There are weird things happening in the environment as well.
    Earthquakes, tornadoes and floods are worse, and more frequent.
    All one can do is be vigilant, don't get caught up in the mass brainwashing that is going on telling us everything is OK, and don't get caught unprepared in case some catastrophe hits close to home.
    I am stocked on food, silver, and items one will need for an extended camping trip, and of course the necessary "Liberty" tools to protect all my stuff.
    More and more folks are "prepping" just in case by taking a little out of their budget each trip to the grocery store.
    The world wont end for many IMO, but we can expect some big changes heading our way, so it's best to be prepared. Just my 2 cents
    Tama Swingstar-6Piece
    14" Wood Snare-
    Aquarian Focus X
    10" Tom
    Aquarian Response 2
    12"-13"Toms-
    Aquarian Super2 Powerdots
    22" Kick-
    Aquarian Super Kick2 w/Force2reso

Sabian XS20-Hats
    Paiste Alpha 14" Thin Crash
    Paiste Alpha 16" Medium Crash
    Paiste Alpha 17" Thin Crash
    Meinl Amum 17" Power Crash
    Paiste Alpha 18" Med.Crash
    Paiste Dimensions 18" Ride
    Wuhan -18" China

User Info Menu

I want to thank everyone who has responded for being sensitive to our Forums Rules about refraining from political and religious discussions. I think we are all aware of the preditions of various "authorities," whether they be religious or secular, as well as the movies that have dealt with this issue.

I just want to remind everyone that for this thread to remain open, we will have to be careful not to turn it into a debate on religion, or a debate on geopolitics. While I admit that it is tempting, past history here has shown that feelings get hurt, and opinions generally are pretty strong, when it comes to politics and religion.

Thank you for this little interruption, and I now return you to our regularly scheduled posts.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Anybody who can successfully predict the end of the world deserves a cookie. But then the world will have ended and there won't be any cookies left. It's a pickle, I tell you!
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

ThePloughman Guest

Ive given it second thoughts, and yes........ so...

Being as how the world will end soon and I need to do my part to help save humanity, I will take all Round Badge Gretsch, Vintage Ludwig, Beautiful American Slingerland, and of course........... All Vintage Rogers drums off your hands for free. This will purify your souls and prepare you for whatever version of Nirvana the end of the world brings to you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePloughman View Post
    Ive given it second thoughts, and yes........ so...

Being as how the world will end soon and I need to do my part to help save humanity, I will take all Round Badge Gretsch, Vintage Ludwig, Beautiful American Slingerland, and of course........... All Vintage Rogers drums off your hands for free. This will purify your souls and prepare you for whatever version of Nirvana the end of the world brings to you.

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseInMotion View Post
    Anybody who can successfully predict the end of the world deserves a cookie. But then the world will have ended and there won't be any cookies left. It's a pickle, I tell you!
    No cookie??! AAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Soul Wanderer
    Skald
    Vǫlva

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Do you believe the end of this world is this year?

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I want to thank everyone who has responded for being sensitive to our Forums Rules about refraining from political and religious discussions. I think we are all aware of the preditions of various "authorities," whether they be religious or secular, as well as the movies that have dealt with this issue.

I just want to remind everyone that for this thread to remain open, we will have to be careful not to turn it into a debate on religion, or a debate on geopolitics. While I admit that it is tempting, past history here has shown that feelings get hurt, and opinions generally are pretty strong, when it comes to politics and religion.

Thank you for this little interruption, and I now return you to our regularly scheduled posts.
    Thank you, PB. I was going to add my two cents, but this is one time, to paraphrase my sig, I'd be better off keeping my opinion (and my faith) to myself. I will let the title of a newspaper article I wrote nearly a month ago about the Harold Camping fiasco say it best:

"Pinpointing predictions produce poor prophecies."
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post

Well put. Thanks PB.

User Info Menu

Why worry about it? What is meant to happen, will happen. Karma evens all things out in the end, by whatever means necessary. If it is my time to go, I will accept it. There's bound to be a better life waiting on the other side anyway. As far as the end of the world though, what determines that exactly? A computer crash, meteor, judgement day? These are all things from movies, and shouldn't be taken too seriously. They were said to happen by the people who overhyped them, and guess what? You, me, and everybody else are all still here. There's nothing to worry about, and even if there was, it's not something any of us could control, so why not just enjoy your day and carry on like normal?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I believe there will some day be a zombie apocalypse and I will be one of the survivors because I gave read the zombie survival guide by max brooks 14 times oh and also my 9 years of boxing will come in handy
    +1 To the Zombie Survivors guide. I got that book years ago. It will save my life someday

User Info Menu

interesting thread.

is it bad that i diddnt know about this until a couple hours before it was supposed to happen?

User Info Menu

It wont happen until Post 2068! POW!

User Info Menu

I'm currently undertaking a scientific approach to figuring out if it's true that the world will end......

"Well.....I ain't seeing the zombies so far!"
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Wackos.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

I think it's unfortunate that a small group of wackos made others who share the Christian faith look foolish.
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseInMotion View Post
    Mmm, pickles.
    - Zack