Thread: Bass drum speed (single pedal)

User Info Menu

Default Bass drum speed (single pedal)

when i heard John bonhams foot, it was so fast, and i knew he didnt have a double bass drum.. but then i figured out how to use heel toe method, and it was alot easier, but i saw a video of Steve smith, and he doesnt use heal toe, and his foot is just as fast as john bonham, so im confused again. is it the type of pedals they have? or is it the strength of there feet? how much would buying a new pedal benefit someone looking for a faster right foot?

User Info Menu

There's a bunch of different ways to achieve that single pedal speed. Some drummers adjust their pedal just right for them and othersare just really skilled lol
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

well i guess what im trying to get it, how much will a different pedal effect the overall speed.

User Info Menu

Better quality pedals only help you develop faster speeds if you adjust them perfectly to how you want them to feel.

The majority of your problem lies not in your equipment, but in your own legs.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

People say to ride bikes to help.... I cant say i have ridden in ages. But i do walk around lots for work and just in general and i dont get muscle pain and i dum for between 1/2 a hour to a hour at a time. once a week if im lucky. If i get cramp i just strech and that stops. Thats not so much for speed...... but i guess im trtying to say your stamina skill shouldnt matter....... i think :S
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters