Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Demon Drive VS DW 9000

User Info Menu

Default Re: Demon Drive VS DW 9000

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Ninja bearings aren't really that popular in the skateboarding circle. Bones, Lucky, Black Panther, Black Widows, etc are the main industry standard. Ninja bearings were relatively unknown or heard of until the DD pedals came out, a lot of longboarders who need extreme performance use the ceramics which are basically those ball bearings. As far as I know, Bones makes the fastest(we're talking faster than abec-7!)because they are the industry standard, and Lucky is just behind them with a more affordable version. There are some fast Ninja ones for speed skating though, but the price of the pedal still seems outrageous. Pearl is exploiting one market and using it in their own advertising, which is really shady.
    Ok Russ should of asked you first cause you seem to know everything. When are you gonna be a moderator cause you are getting up there with the numbers and answer just about every post there is. Maybe I should not post any more cause I am wasting my breath.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Ok Russ should of asked you first cause you seem to know everything. When are you gonna be a moderator cause you are getting up there with the numbers and answer just about every post there is. Maybe I should not post any more cause I am wasting my breath.
    No, it's nothing like that. I used to skateboard a lot is all, and went through a number of different bearings as well as decks, wheels, trucks, axles, bushings, grip, and shoes. My brother got me into it actually, he had a good friend named Adam who in their golden years were really into the longboards and I sorta learned tidbits from them. I wasn't meaning to say that the Ninja bearings weren't high quality(I looked them up and they are definitely geared towards speed skating), all I was getting at was it seems like Pearl was exploiting the fact that they were hip in the skate scene to justify a higher pedal cost(questionable marketing). I did not mean to come across to you as a jerk at all, or offend your brand(which I am also a fan of by the way). Truce?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

when i baught my dw 9002 i got a deal 500.00 ship to canada and custom paid
    they sell here 679.00 + 13 % tax =767.27
    my second choice was iron cobra with the cobra coil 379.00 +13% tax =428.00
    and my third mapex falcon 389.00+ 13 % tax= 439.00

so for 80.00 more i have a dw 9002 so i jump

and yes you need to tweak it to your feel

it take me couple hour but now i am set

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

right now im stuck with a Pearl P120 chain drive which i actually like alot. ive played both the Demon and the 9000, i prefer the Demon, direct drive isnt for everyone but it eliminates the lag from a chain. i just cant afford the cost.
    one thing ive seen is the Demons beater will deteriorate quickly to the point where you must rotate it to a round portion, once youve gone 360 degrees you end up with a hexagon beater. they are pricey to replace.
    Last edited by kyle102565; 06-18-2011 at 08:17 AM.