Thread: half time shuffle

User Info Menu

Default half time shuffle

just thought id say this. the new linkin park album. ( i dont really suggest buying it) in my opinion, its not that great, but for those of you who know what im talking about, in one of their songs they use the half time shuffle, i think john bonham used it in one of his songs. anyways i never hear that shuffle beat so it was exiting when i heard it in thier new album!.

User Info Menu

Whats the new album called? I wanna download it and look since i have all their olds stuff.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Minutes to midnight. I mean its an alright album, just alot of mellow songs in it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin
    just thought id say this. the new linkin park album. ( i dont really suggest buying it) in my opinion, its not that great, but for those of you who know what im talking about, in one of their songs they use the half time shuffle, i think john bonham used it in one of his songs. anyways i never hear that shuffle beat so it was exiting when i heard it in thier new album!.
    What song has the 1/2 time shuffle in it?

User Info Menu

i think its called something like dancing in the rain by johnbonham or something

User Info Menu

ohh if you mean in linkin park, the songs called The Little Things Give You Away

heres an example of the half time shuffle>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGQ9-Mp35UE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin
    ohh if you mean in linkin park, the songs called The Little Things Give You Away

heres an example of the half time shuffle>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGQ9-Mp35UE
    I know what a 1/2 time shuffle is, but thanks. I was just wondering what song on linkin parks new album has this in it.

User Info Menu

I've been trying to figure out the half time shuffle, and I cant figure out why it sounds so different from a regular shuffle even though the hihat or ride is still going 1..a,2..a, and so on.

User Info Menu

i know drumbumb, just for other people :P, i love that beat its sounds so cool

User Info Menu

i love it, its so fun to play. the independance exercises really help to play that shuffle.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DRUM FMB
    I've been trying to figure out the half time shuffle, and I cant figure out why it sounds so different from a regular shuffle even though the hihat or ride is still going 1..a,2..a, and so on.
    It sounds different because the snare is displaced to beat 3 in each bar, giving it the "half-time" feel. It feels as though you are playing something half as fast, at the same tempo.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

ya livewire80, i still havnt got the half time shuffle down good yet, I still have to go threw those crazy independence exersizes :(

User Info Menu

the book I am learning this shuffle from has also got the snare displacements throughout the bar which is a bit different to the half time feel but extra spicy!

User Info Menu

love that beat :> I so wanna learn it! :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I downloaded it. Its a way different album ey. Really influenced by the recent stuff out now but really mellow too. Im on the track with the shuffle. I like where robs gone. When i watched all the dvd's he spent 8hours a day on really basic beats but he was solid. Now he is getting out there a bit. Still a little straight forward for me. But i do like this to chill out to. I think its a keeper (So far ill let you know when i listen to the whole album.)
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

that would be the fool in the rain beat. also used by piccaro on totos rosanna.

User Info Menu

Yeahp :> There is heaps on you tube about it. I love that beat and just cant get it to work :(
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters