Thread: Finally! Got around to creating some albums. Have a look on my profile!

User Info Menu

Default Finally! Got around to creating some albums. Have a look on my profile!

Ok, so either through being busy posting here, being lazy or doing my day-to-day thing, I hadn't got around to creating and showing albums of various drum set ups or some of the percussion I've got. But finally done some! Bear in mind that some photos are a little older, taken in the garage of my previous residence, plus I still got to add more percussion photos, as I haven't gotten around to photographing the whole lot. But it will get done folks......eventually
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Default Re: Finally! Got around to creating some albums. Have a look on my profile!

Ah very cool, can't wait for some pics to happen. Do you combine your drumkit with your percussion setup when you play? For one big superset?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Default Re: Finally! Got around to creating some albums. Have a look on my profile!

Yeah, sometimes I do Russ, just depends on the situation.....but I wouldn't put the whole of percussion up, lol......I'd run out of stands to start with....or they'd run out of mikes I think.....

User Info Menu

Nice pics Drumble, glad to see those beauties arent being kept in the cold damp garage anymore.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Tah, thanks for that g/f. I had a sorta soundproofed room that was built within the garage actually (a friend of mine plus a friend of my Dad's were the ones that put it together) which meant that the weren't really exposed to that much extremes of temperature surprisingly enough. Step outside it though, and jeez you'd feel it, especially in summer.

User Info Menu

Very cool stuff! What's the setup time with something like those?

User Info Menu

Had a chance to take a little peek a boo at your albums, I guess the world percussives aren't yet added? I like that a/e setup you got going, how did you do yours? I had to actually take off my drumheads and put these mufflers inside of mine. I've been thinking about switching to mesh heads, how's yours working out for you? Good response/velocity?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Very cool gear and many different pieces. Thanks for putting them up. Enjoyed looking through your pics!

User Info Menu

Interesting hybrid set Drumbledore - sort of Peartesque. What was the original motivation for combining electric and acoustic?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Aww, wouldn't say Peartesque, PB. At the time I was playing with a group which was doing funk but with a big 70's like fusion approach, thus the double kick etc. I wanted a kit where I could play normal kick, snare, hi-hat etc, but have the luxury of adding layers of percussion sounds, especially tabla, African talking drum, pitch bend stuff, even "guitar stabs", hand claps, trashy industrial sounds etc, and have them all within easy reach. Plus have the choice of an acoustic snare combined with a deep electronic kick, or vice versa, without having to awkwardly reaching out to an electronic kit on the side. These old-school Alesis pads have enough surface area yet are compact enough to tuck into small spots, I find. Does take quite a bit to set it up, the acoustic side of things fairly straightforward, but the old-school Alesis leads do have a little bit of a short length to deal with, although I can add extensions to them (that I normally use for headphone extensions). At the time, I'd usually give myself anywhere between 25 to 35mins or so to get it all set up.

User Info Menu

Great pics Drumbledore. Thanks for sharing them. Interesting set ups.

sk
    "A man can NEVER have too many cymbals"

Proudly Playing

Sonor Force 3007 Stage One Piano Black 22X17.5 kick, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 and 16" toms
    Pork Pie Big Black Snare
    Vater Sticks/Brushes
    Remo Vintage Emperor, Emperor X, and Powerstroke Pro Heads
    Paiste Twenty/2002/Signature Cymbals
    Sonor/DW/Gibraltar Hardware