Thread: Which heads do you prefer?

User Info Menu

Default Which heads do you prefer?

Just as we're debating which shells sound better, some say traditional (skin) heads sound better. Some say the Mylar heads; I recall Evans hydraulic heads, which I played on my first set some 15 years ago; Remo has their FiberSkyns, which I have on one of my congas and they sound pretty good...

So which type of drumheads do you use?

User Info Menu

There have already been like 1 or 2 posts of this but for me the best heads are evans.

User Info Menu

Check it out i'm a senior member.

User Info Menu

A lot of it's in the type of sound you want from your drums. I used to use pinstripe heads but now I prefer remo emporers. They still have the attack but not too much, and they bring out the body of the drum a bit more IMO.
    - Tom

Save up to 70% OFF CLEARANCE ITEMS!
    From T-shirts to stickers to drum accessories, get the absolute lowest pricing on clearance merchandise from Drum Bum!.

Click here for Clearance Items

When you shop at Drum Bum or BuyGifts.com, you help with the costs of operating DrumChat.com. Please consider patronizing their fine stores. Whether you need unique music gifts for friends or just want a a little something for yourself, Drum Bum is the place!

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.
    That will also allow you to be eligible to win a free drum T-shirt. Drum Bum gives away a free T-shirt every month!

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lhebs0
    Congratulations! You're now one of us.
    - Tom

Save up to 70% OFF CLEARANCE ITEMS!
    From T-shirts to stickers to drum accessories, get the absolute lowest pricing on clearance merchandise from Drum Bum!.

Click here for Clearance Items

When you shop at Drum Bum or BuyGifts.com, you help with the costs of operating DrumChat.com. Please consider patronizing their fine stores. Whether you need unique music gifts for friends or just want a a little something for yourself, Drum Bum is the place!

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.
    That will also allow you to be eligible to win a free drum T-shirt. Drum Bum gives away a free T-shirt every month!

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thought you guys might like to check this out, it really helps when deciding on a type of drum head.
    http://www.evansdrumheads.com/EVAProductsDS.aspx?ID=12
    I don't know if Remo does it too, But Evans does it for all of their drum heads.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lhebs0
    Congrats Bro!!!! It is good to have you with us!!!

As for heads, all I know is I want to try the new EMAD 2, and see how much different than the first one it really is.

I like those Remos as well, they sound tight!!!!
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

I use Remo Pinstripes (ebony series is very cool)...I've tried a lot of different heads, but always come back to Remos.
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

I've always been with Remo pinstripe as there not to expensive and easy to use

User Info Menu

i use basix skins, there my stock heads from my biggerners set, they sound beatiful.

so kidding