Thread: New China!

User Info Menu

Default New China!

Title says it all. I just started work monday, and as I started meeting people, I met a drummer. He's a pretty cool guy. Between jobs we chatted about drum kits and bands and stuff, and we came to cymbals. He said he had this china he never used. I was like (before I even thought about it) wanna sell it? He said..sure. So. He brought it to work today and said, take it home and try it out and let me know. Its an 18 inch Agazarian. I know, not the best brand ever. I got it home and played it and holy cow. It sooo loud. I though my Z Custom Crashes were loud. It's just like hitting a trash can lid. I love it. I'm getting it for 30 bucks.

Anyone know what they went for new? Like..50? 60?

User Info Menu

Default Re: New China!

Googling it looks like Agazarians are very similar to Wuhans. An 18" cymbal go for $60-70 brand new from most online retailers. $30 = good deal. As a lot of people will say on here though, that type of cymbal will not have the same durability as the big 3 do.

User Info Menu

Lol. I didn't even think to google it myself. Yeah. I'd say half off is a pretty good deal. Durability isn't too much of an issue for 30 bucks. It should hold me off til I can afford a zildjian.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xoferif09 View Post
    It should hold me off til I can afford a zildjian.
    Unless there's one specifically made by Zildjian that you want, don't limit yourself to one brand.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Oh I do. I love a custom chinas. I plan on getting one when I have the cash. I'm not brand specific. If I go into the store and play a sabian or paiste that I like, I will most certainly buy it.