Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 65 of 65

Thread: Who's Your Inspiration?

  1. #51

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Who's Your Inspiration?

    Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Bridie - You explained that very well. Better than most people could. And you know what? You just inspired this "old guy" with your words. Well done young lady. Cheers!

    Also, what not him stated. I want to thank you as well for reminding me what it's all about.

    Thank you
    I have been out ALL day,just got home,got to go drum, right now!
    Bridie

  2. #52

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Who's Your Inspiration?

    Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    My inspiration comes from great songwriters. Lot's of guys can beat drums well, but to be able to write a truly great song is a talent all it's own.

    all the best...
    Hear hear. Here's one that's probably left-field for some of you guys. Alan Wilder from Depeche Mode. When he joined, he not only helped to steer them in a new direction sonically as a keyboardist, he was hands on with production and arranging, and by the time they did "Songs Of Faith And Devotion" he not only put down live drum tracks as well as other instruments, on the live tour he was doubling going from keyboard to drum kit and back, depending on the song. Such a great musician.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

    668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

    "A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

  3. #53

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Who's Your Inspiration?

    I think my inspiration would have to be Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan from Avenged Sevenfold.

  4. #54

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Who's Your Inspiration?

    I live in north-west New Jersey (the Lake Hopatcong area). I'm fortunate in that I live five minutes away from an old roadhouse called the Stanhope House. They have an open blues jam on Tuesday nights (no cover).

    There is a drummer in the house band by the name of George Mickel. There may be five people in the room or a hundred. He always plays with flair. He can lay it down with either power or finesse.

    It's always a joy to watch him play.

    John

  5. #55

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Who's Your Inspiration?

    Bill murray

  6. #56
    Angikins Guest

    Default Re: Who's Your Inspiration?

    My earliest inspiration is Karen Carpenter

  7. #57

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Who's Your Inspiration?

    The dude and dudette that won the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest.

  8. #58

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Who's Your Inspiration?

    A guitar playing buddy of mine

    all the best...

  9. #59

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Who's Your Inspiration?

    Kind of a two edged sword for being inspired.

    There are people out there that you know you will never be as good as(Buddy Rich) so you become discouraged or others that after watching them play (Narada Michael Walden) make you want to play your butt off.

    Been there,done that.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

  10. #60

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Who's Your Inspiration?

    Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    The dude and dudette that won the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest.
    That would be Joey "Jaws" Chestnut and Miko Sudo, 110 lbs. of empty belly. It's so gross but I have to watch.

  11. #61

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Who's Your Inspiration?

    My biggest inspiration when growing up was my dad's drummer named Dale.
    Just a steady rock/polka/waltz drummer. Nothing special.

    But my dad would take me with to his gigs and I'd sit back stage and watch his drummer play all night. When I got home the next day I'd spend all day trying to do what I saw. And of course during the gigs my dad would always embarrass me and get me up on the kit and play a couple songs with him and the band. I loved it.

    He's a nobody to everyone else but for me he's my biggest inspiration and I watched him play for 25+ years before he lost a battle to cancer.
    19pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage | 12pc PDP X7 Sparkle Orange | 9pc Ludwig Jr. wine red | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Orbitone | 4pc Sonor Martini | 39 Snare drums and growing!

  12. #62

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Who's Your Inspiration?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xoferif09 View Post
    I started playing because of Lars Ulrich. I still think he is an underrated drummer. Yeah he doesn't do fast technical fills or play solid 32nd notes but he works for Metallica.

    *grabs fire proof suit*
    Who would have come up with something better? Lol
    NOW YOU LISTEN HERE! LARS ULRICH IS GARBAGE OK!?? OK!! GARBAGE!!!

    joking aside... I think he is like the Travis Barker of the Metal world. He has a lot of adoring fans just because hes in Metallica, not because hes an amazing talent. But those diehard fans will kill you if you say hes a bad drummer, even though they've never heard Vinnie Colaiuta play.
    Too Much Stuff.

  13. #63

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Who's Your Inspiration?

    My main inspirations would be

    John Dolmayan
    Martin Lopez
    Mario Duplantier
    Benny Greb
    Gene Hoglan
    Ian Paice
    Chris Adler

    Quote Originally Posted by SpatzST View Post
    NOW YOU LISTEN HERE! LARS ULRICH IS GARBAGE OK!?? OK!! GARBAGE!!!

    joking aside... I think he is like the Travis Barker of the Metal world. He has a lot of adoring fans just because hes in Metallica, not because hes an amazing talent. But those diehard fans will kill you if you say hes a bad drummer, even though they've never heard Vinnie Colaiuta play.
    You can't really compare Travis with Lars. For a start, Travis is actually a good drummer Just kidding. Both are great drummers.

    Also pretty much everyone is a bad drummer if you compare them to Colaiuta lol
    Last edited by xweasel; 11-30-2016 at 03:10 PM.
    - Zack

  14. #64

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Who's Your Inspiration?

    Quote Originally Posted by SpatzST View Post
    NOW YOU LISTEN HERE! LARS ULRICH IS GARBAGE OK!?? OK!! GARBAGE!!!

    joking aside... I think he is like the Travis Barker of the Metal world. He has a lot of adoring fans just because hes in Metallica, not because hes an amazing talent. But those diehard fans will kill you if you say hes a bad drummer, even though they've never heard Vinnie Colaiuta play.
    What!?? Lars Ulcer-rich is a bad drummer? OMG!!!!!111!!!! Travis Barcher too? Oh knows!!

    Guess I'll have to go back and listen to Meg White.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

    Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

  15. #65

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Who's Your Inspiration?

    Quote Originally Posted by SpatzST View Post
    NOW YOU LISTEN HERE! LARS ULRICH IS GARBAGE OK!?? OK!! GARBAGE!!!

    joking aside... I think he is like the Travis Barker of the Metal world. He has a lot of adoring fans just because hes in Metallica, not because hes an amazing talent. But those diehard fans will kill you if you say hes a bad drummer, even though they've never heard Vinnie Colaiuta play.
    The Charlie Watts of metal.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •