Thread: Well I went to guitar center today...

User Info Menu

Default Well I went to guitar center today...

I tried out a few different pedals. Pearl Eliminator, Tama Iron Cobra, and a DW 3002. The Pearl and the Tama felt very similar to me. I got the most time behind the cobra and I loved it. But I also love the cheaper price of the eliminator, and since it felt so similar to the cobra, I think I am going to get it next week on pay day. The 3002 was smooth, but way to top heavy even with iron cobra beaters.

I didn't leave with a pedal, but I left with a new stand for my china and some sticks.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Well I went to guitar center today...

Good choice And what stand btw?
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Yep, love my eliminators man, haven't had any problems with them. Although reportedly, I do not like how the hi hat stand wobbles a bit, but to be fair it's standing on some slightly uneven floor boards which may account for that. In any event, I don't think you'll regret your decision!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I got a cheap sound percussion stand. I mounted my 18 inch china to it. It works great. It doesn't wobble one bit.

Russ, how different are the cams on the eliminators? I played on the blue ones in the store, thats what I am figuring gave it such a close feel to the cobras.

User Info Menu

Well basically there are 6 total cams to use, each one of them offering a different response and pedal feel. 2 of them are optional add ons that you buy seperately(yellow and purple). Personally I like the white ones, and sometimes black because they seem to respond quicker. Perhaps this could better explain how each one feels:
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Thanks for that. I really liked how the blue cam felt at guitar center. So, i'll probably stick to that one when I get it.

From that graph can I assume the red and purple cams are similar in power and speed, just with the purple one being more linear?

User Info Menu

I guess, but I never got around to picking up the two add on cams so it's hard to rate their performance(preferrably with 3-6 months of playing to best describe their effect). Judging from the graph, the feel of black and white remains a constant and never changes, whereas the feel and response you get from the other colors actually changes depending on things like speed and force applied. The adjustment isn't completely in the cams however.

A feature of the powershifters is that you can move the pedalboard forward and backward, adjust beater angle, springs, this is a pedal you can really get lost in because of all the modifications you can make to them. It's kind of funny though, you'd expect something that boasts these specs to cost much much more than it does. And then there's the lifetime warranty to consider. If it should break for any reason, Pearl claims they will replace them no questions asked(I haven't had them break so I haven't had to request a replacement). How many companies do that for their customers?
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Good decision on the Pearl Eliminator you won't regret it. As for the cams I have yet to experiment with them. I use the one that came on the pedal which I believe is a silver color or it could be white but looks grey Oh! well doe'nt matter it works fine for me. Keep on drumming buddy.