Thread: Where can I find these?

User Info Menu

Default Where can I find these?

I just wanted to ask where I can find these end caps for rutes, like if there is a supplier of them, or what the technical term is for them. I'm not looking for the EXACT same one, but something close. Thanks!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Default Re: Where can I find these?

Not sure where or if you can get those end caps.Try using some black electrical tape. I think they are there to hold the end of the dowels together not for playing I think. I have a pair that seems to be the reason for those caps. Maybe I am wrong.

User Info Menu

theres a company that supplies aircraft maintenance organizations called CAPLUGS

I'm certain you will be able to find a supplier in your area, or if you have any friends in the industry I'm sure you will be able to find something that size.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the tips guys!

Actually, I found out that they typically use something close to chair tips.. CHAIR TIPS.
    They work really well, not exactly what I'm looking for, but Chair Tips USA does custom work so I will order from them. Thanks!
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Trixon makes a rute stick with the end caps already on them, in a blackish color like you want. They are bamboo, and you can get them at jimlaabsmusic. They are called "bamboo sticks", and look like this:

May or may not be exactly what you're looking for, but if it was me i'd just get a pair of sticks vs waiting for a custom order to go through. They run around 15-20 bucks depending.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Hardware store?

Gretsch Catalina Maple
    Sunburst Tobacco Fade
    PDP Rack
    14" Ludwig Black Magic Stainless Snare
    Tama Speed Cobra single

Cymbals on kit now
    13" & 14" Paiste Proto. Hi-Hats
    17" Paiste 2002 Crash
    18" Pasite 2002 Crash
    19" Paiste 2002 Crash
    10" Paiste Prototype Splash
    20" Paiste 2002 Ride
    18" Paiste 3000 RUDE crash/ride

User Info Menu

I have a pair that look exactly like those bamboo sticks and they're called lightning rods I think Regal made them, but the logos have worn off after 12 years

Edit, nope they are Pro Mark's ! apparently theres some logo left!

Larrysperf Guest

Believe it or not Home Depot has them in hardware

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    Believe it or not Home Depot has them in hardware
    agreed +1

or

thats the same as a typical rubber automotive lightbulb cover, commonly used to change the color of a clear automotive bulb. hit it with a hot blow dryer to shrink it around a stick.

easy to find at your local auto parts store