Thread: Band Camp's startin up

User Info Menu

Default Band Camp's startin up

So...whos marching this year? Highschool, College? any Drum Corp members here? What are ya playing? Any idea what your first show will be?

This is my second year in highschool and on tenors. our first halftime show consists of a rock theme, with "Carneval 9" as the opener, and "Knock on Wood" and "Can't Get Enough" to follow.

Should be a pretty good year. Drumline camp starts this wednesday. its ganna be 100 degrees and humid. yay.
    Sabian Squad (Albeit Ironically )

Check out my Youtube Channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/AustVaiv?feature=mhee

User Info Menu

Default Re: Band Camp's startin up

Sounds pretty awesome!

I really wish I was able to march this summer. I got asked to jump in with both Madison Scouts and the Colts on tenors (random spots opened up after people getting hurt/not being able to carry the drums... haha), but alas I already had a full summer lined up so I couldn't cancel it... it was honestly the toughest decision of my life because it's been my DREAM to march a World Class DCI line on tenors, and I didn't even have to audition for these spots, so it was basically my dream being handed to me, but alas I just had too much... it was a difficult day haha.

On the bright side, the past two weeks and next week I've been busy 8-9 TEACHING instead of marching 3 different high schools so that's been fun!
    Kits:
    -C&C Player Date 13/16/22
    -65' Ludwig Super Classic 13/16/22

Snares:
    -DW Nickel Over Brass 6.5x14 snare
    -Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 65' Super Classic 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 64' Pioneer 5x14 snare
    -PDP Classic Wood hoop 6x14 snare

Rides:
    -Zildjian 22" Constantinople
    -Zildjian 22" Kerope
    -Zildjian 20" Constantinople
    Hats:
    -17" A Medium crash over K custom dark crash

-DW 9000 pedals

User Info Menu

Im playing the rack in pit. I would be on snare but I cant make wednesday practices during school.
    I am currently suffering from gear acquisition syndrome. Will trade soul for drum gear. Donations accepted.

-Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive 5-piece
    -SP Hardware
    -Gibraltar Avenger DB-Pedal
    -PST5 Cymbals

"Uncontrollable urticaria drivel spurting" -a sentence spawned from the half a word story.

User Info Menu

Playing tenors this year. Doing pirate of the carribean show. Should be fun.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Band Camp's startin up

Hey whats up man, this is my freshman year on drumline im 2nd best of freshman at my school in california, im on bass 3 and my friend is on snare freshman year hes beast! my band camp starts tommorow monday. im going to be snare next year and our show has some intense bass splits

User Info Menu

And ludwig kid i got: Ludwig accent cs combo
    Zildjian A Custom 16 fast crash
    and zlidjian zbts
    and zilldjian z custom ride

User Info Menu

Hey welcome to drumchat Caleb! Sounds your drumming is really taking off in school, hopefully it leads to some excellent oppurtunities in the future. Congratulations on your successes!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

band camp started for me today. i'm marching tenors for the football show and im in the pit once again for competitive show.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Marching was not my thing, I could play the music but not march correctly. I didn't give up, I just decided it wasn't for me.
    -WithNoMetronome

User Info Menu

I'm marching for high school on snare. we are playing a styx themed show. opener is a.d 1928/rocking the paradise, then grand illusion/renegade the for the closer is the best of times. woot woot!
    zebra wrapped gretsch catalina club mod:
    12" tom
    16" floor tom
    14" snare
    22x20 kick

Cymbals:
    17" saluda mist x crash
    20" saluda decadence ride
    14" Saluda mist x hats
    16" dream bliss crash
    10" wuhan splash (modified via salt water)

User Info Menu

Lincoln Univ. Orange Crush Marching Band
    Camp starts Aug 11th
    My 4th yr in marching band
    I'm playing bass drum #4

1st show will be a battle of the bands in Lancaster, PA on Aug 27. I will post info on here for anyone who may want to go