Thread: I broke something.

User Info Menu

Default I broke something.

Well, I was doing some qauds today, and my slave pedal suddenly died. The link at the very top of the pedal, where it connects to the cams, broke. So, how to I get a new chain, or the part of the link that holds the chain on?

User Info Menu

Default Re: I broke something.

Motocycle shop..?
    Have a nice day.
    Dad3353 (Douglas...)

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dad3353 View Post
    Motocycle shop..?
    Thanks I needed that made me laugh so hard

Larrysperf Guest

What pedal you have . Pictures would help

User Info Menu

Oh. Duh. Lol. I have a pearl eliminator. Ill try to get some pictures.

User Info Menu

I dont think you can get a master link for that chain but maybe.Sounds like you might have to buy another chain.If you can find an old chain maybe you can piece it together.Good luck.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

Top or bottom link?

User Info Menu

The top link, nearest the cam

User Info Menu

Time to try the strap.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I agree with Bish use the strap which came with the kit till you get another chain. You might like the strap versus the chain you never know till you try. Good luck.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: I broke something.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    Thanks I needed that made me laugh so hard
    I agree with larry it is funny till you think. Yeah it sure looks like bike chain.

User Info Menu

Well, I dont have straps. I thought it came with them but it didnt (ebay pedal).

User Info Menu

I find few reports of Pearl products ( especially their critical components ) breaking down. What's it like trying to contact Pearl directly ? I have the eliminator high hat stand. If mine broke, I would try Pearl.
    Most definitely. As a matter of fact, there will be "NO LIMIT"... just an unending quagmire of musical genius.

User Info Menu

I tried pearl today. They want 47 dollars for the chain. I think it was both of them, but I am not sure. They also sell the master link, but they don't like shipping it because it is so small that it usually gets lost in the mail. Off the to bay for a chain!

User Info Menu

I'm guessin it's out of warrantee ? What did they have to say for themselves as far as wear and tear on critical components ? 47 seems a little steep for a key component that ultimately proves Pearl's reliability. The way I see it, your boken set up is useless now and until Pearl comes up with an acceptable solution...so are they.
    Most definitely. As a matter of fact, there will be "NO LIMIT"... just an unending quagmire of musical genius.