Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: The Church Drummers Thread

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Church Drummers Thread

Old:

New:

User Info Menu

I'm bringing my DW kit home and going to use the church's SP kit. How naive was I to think nobody would "mess" with it? I found it left uncovered for the second time after mentioning my concerns to the church music director after the first time I found it left uncovered. Too bad it has to be this way but I learned my lesson and won't ever leave a kit behind unattended.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that your wishes weren't respected Rich. At my last church, I found out that if I wanted to keep people from "trying out" my gear when I wasn't around, I had to remove it. It's a shame that some people in churches don't respect a musician's tools.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

Drum Bum: Gifts for Drummers

Cool Drummer T-shirts and Drum Accessories!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Sorry to hear that your wishes weren't respected Rich. At my last church, I found out that if I wanted to keep people from "trying out" my gear when I wasn't around, I had to remove it. It's a shame that some people in churches don't respect a musician's tools.
    Thanks for your input Pastor Bob. I took a 1/2 day off from work and rushed down to the church while staff was still in the office and I ran into my Pastor. He totally understood where I was coming from and even voiced concern about the possibility of theft of the kit. This is a very small church with very limited resources.

Issues include not having adequate security for the vulnerable areas such as the side door to the common kitchen area. That door lacked a dead bolt. The kit is now safe and sound back home:

Last edited by late8; 03-21-2017 at 07:16 PM.