Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: The Church Drummers Thread

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Church Drummers Thread

Old:

New:

User Info Menu

I'm bringing my DW kit home and going to use the church's SP kit. How naive was I to think nobody would "mess" with it? I found it left uncovered for the second time after mentioning my concerns to the church music director after the first time I found it left uncovered. Too bad it has to be this way but I learned my lesson and won't ever leave a kit behind unattended.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that your wishes weren't respected Rich. At my last church, I found out that if I wanted to keep people from "trying out" my gear when I wasn't around, I had to remove it. It's a shame that some people in churches don't respect a musician's tools.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

Drum Bum: Gifts for Drummers

Cool Drummer T-shirts and Drum Accessories!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Sorry to hear that your wishes weren't respected Rich. At my last church, I found out that if I wanted to keep people from "trying out" my gear when I wasn't around, I had to remove it. It's a shame that some people in churches don't respect a musician's tools.
    Thanks for your input Pastor Bob. I took a 1/2 day off from work and rushed down to the church while staff was still in the office and I ran into my Pastor. He totally understood where I was coming from and even voiced concern about the possibility of theft of the kit. This is a very small church with very limited resources.

Issues include not having adequate security for the vulnerable areas such as the side door to the common kitchen area. That door lacked a dead bolt. The kit is now safe and sound back home:

Last edited by late8; 03-21-2017 at 07:16 PM.

User Info Menu

Whew! Had a great night tonight, but it wore me out. The Spirit began to move and the songs never ended lol. We had a ladies group do a special that brought the house down. It was a lot of fun to play for them. We had some visitors who had some nice complements to offer not only me, but the other musicians as well, so that just topped it all off.
    Six piece Mapex Horizon kit. Sabian B8X cymbals. Vater Drumsticks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    I'm bringing my DW kit home and going to use the church's SP kit. How naive was I to think nobody would "mess" with it? I found it left uncovered for the second time after mentioning my concerns to the church music director after the first time I found it left uncovered. Too bad it has to be this way but I learned my lesson and won't ever leave a kit behind unattended.

That stinks................I leave my Risen kit set up at church, but bring home all of my cymbals, snare, throne, etc............but most importantly any sticks. From my experience, if there are sticks there, someone is going to play................so I always ensure none are laying around.

Just a big PITA to setup and tear down so often, but still better than having the kit come up missing.