Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bill Bruford

User Info Menu

Default Re: Bill Bruford

When he was pushing his band Bruford,he was p!ssed that the labels were pushing Def Leppard instead of his band.
    The music industry is what it is,and probably a good reason why he's stepped back away from it.
    The first record that hit by them was produced by Mutt Lange who pretty much programmed all the drumming,so Rick Allen pretty much did nothing except show up on the cover photos.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pgm554 View Post
    When he was pushing his band Bruford,he was p!ssed that the labels were pushing Def Leppard instead of his band.
    The music industry is what it is,and probably a good reason why he's stepped back away from it.
    The first record that hit by them was produced by Mutt Lange who pretty much programmed all the drumming,so Rick Allen pretty much did nothing except show up on the cover photos.
    I believe Bruford mentioned he liked it when it was the music industry but now it has changed to the music business.

User Info Menu

Fainting in Coils

Last edited by Olimpass; 08-04-2018 at 12:50 AM.

User Info Menu

I remember a Modern Drummer review of the Earthworks album, where they noted that he produced the album and said something to the effect of, Tama and especially Paiste, should kiss his royal a double s for how great he's made their stuff sound.

The drums really do sound great.
    Life's too short to play the same solo twice. Improvise!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySticks View Post
    I remember a Modern Drummer review of the Earthworks album, where they noted that he produced the album and said something to the effect of, Tama and especially Paiste, should kiss his royal a double s for how great he's made their stuff sound.

The drums really do sound great.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 03-28-2020 at 06:21 AM.

User Info Menu

Always liked this extended live intro to King Crimson's "Waiting Man", where guitarist/vocalist Adrian Belew joins Bill on stage. Adrian's a pretty okay drummer himself, having been one as a kid before he got turned onto guitar, and on a lot of his albums Adrian's done at least some of the drums.

"...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Always liked this extended live intro to King Crimson's "Waiting Man", where guitarist/vocalist Adrian Belew joins Bill on stage. Adrian's a pretty okay drummer himself, having been one as a kid before he got turned onto guitar, and on a lot of his albums Adrian's done at least some of the drums.

Great to have you back Drumbledore! Always great info. Thank you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post

I've seen Adrian Belew live twice before, first-time w/ Frank Zappa and then with David Bowie. He's great! Bill B. one of my all-time favorite drummers!

User Info Menu

Featuring Bill Bruford

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Elephant Talk