Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: John Bonham

User Info Menu

Default Re: John Bonham

hmmm i guess that would work. What do you think?
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    hmmm i guess that would work. What do you think?
    Who else would it be???? I think Jason's the only one who's played with them on gigs they've called themselves Led Zeppelin.

User Info Menu

Aye guys I heard differently that Led Zeppelin is not going to tour together at all and it was just rumours. This is what Robert Plant said that there would never be another Zep tour never. I agree with Marko if they did tour Jason would be the drummer even though Plant stated before that Jason would never play with them. I think Plant is the reason why Zep are not touring because of his egoestic, self centered self.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Aye guys I heard differently that Led Zeppelin is not going to tour together at all and it was just rumours. This is what Robert Plant said that there would never be another Zep tour never. I agree with Marko if they did tour Jason would be the drummer even though Plant stated before that Jason would never play with them. I think Plant is the reason why Zep are not touring because of his egoestic, self centered self.
    Maybe people are thinking of the upcoming DVD being released from the show they did a couple years ago with Jason on drums?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Maybe people are thinking of the upcoming DVD being released from the show they did a couple years ago with Jason on drums?
    That is probably what they are talking about cause I know for sure Zep is not touring now or ever. I know the DVD that you are talking about with Jason drumming with the rest of the boys but then after that it was the end cause Plant said I don't want to play with a cry baby. The reason for that is that Jason sort of weeped a bit when he played a song that reminded him of his father. I thought that was kind of ignorant of Plant to say that. Anyway I think Jason is a good drummer.

User Info Menu

You guys were right. It's the realse of that concert. The cool thing is that it will be playing in some theatres Thursday and Friday this week Oct 17th and 18th. Would be cool to see it on the big screen and theater sound system.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...vinyl/1625141/

follow the links to look for a theater near you.
    Last edited by slinky; 10-17-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Last edited by Olimpass; 04-11-2017 at 10:05 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Time has not been kind to Robert Plant or Jimmy Page. LOL. But they do sound good.

User Info Menu

i need to Really listen to Bonham, i like Zep but for some reason I've never really listened to them.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Looking for an opportunity to hear Led Zeppelin deflect questions -- once again -- about a reunion?

Be sure to catch "The Late Show with David Letterman" on Monday night, when Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones will sit down for a joint interview. The classic-rock legends are scheduled to visit Letterman's show (which, FYI, has a separate musical guest booked) the day after being honored at the 35th annual Kennedy Center Honors in Washington; the talk-show host is among this year's other honorees.

From the LA Times....
    That's Dec.3,2012
    Last edited by slinglander; 12-02-2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Date added
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    Looking for an opportunity to hear Led Zeppelin deflect questions -- once again -- about a reunion?

Be sure to catch "The Late Show with David Letterman" on Monday night, when Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones will sit down for a joint interview. The classic-rock legends are scheduled to visit Letterman's show (which, FYI, has a separate musical guest booked) the day after being honored at the 35th annual Kennedy Center Honors in Washington; the talk-show host is among this year's other honorees.

From the LA Times....
    That's Dec.3,2012
    ......here's the interview with Letterman

User Info Menu

Take a 6 minute vacation to the land of greatness:

http://youtu.be/RgAFoyIgskY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctaclean View Post
    Take a 6 minute vacation to the land of greatness:

http://youtu.be/RgAFoyIgskY
    Such a great song.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Such a great song.
    Agreed! That opening groove is still majestic the way he played it in context...

User Info Menu

Let the drums do the talking.

User Info Menu

Bonzo makes me go bongos.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1E&Ah2E View Post
    Let the drums do the talking.

He makes it look so easy.

User Info Menu

To him it was.

User Info Menu

John Bonham triplets....

Last edited by Olimpass; 03-09-2013 at 02:02 PM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Cool Re: John Bonham

Not 1 day goes by that i dont play a zeppellin song on my drums his sound was very capturing regardless of the origination of his technique his triplets were his triplets they put in all the right places when u listen to Zeppellins "Since ive been Loving you" u hear it but u never expected it it didnt need to be there but it sounded so good not just his triplet foot fills but his tom tom fills that go all the way accross the set man the timing we all know the effort it takes to pull off something so smooth

User Info Menu

The best live performance ever, in my opinion.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Oli's....did you know the story of how at one time Bonham turned up to a Zep rehearsal with two bass drums (must have been a sight seeing two 26" Ludwig bass drums!) and I think Jimmy said to Bonzo something on the lines of "...err, I don't think there will room on the riser for two of those somehow on our next gig, mate..." which probably gave him the incentive to work more with his single foot? (not saying it did, but one can speculate though...)
    I remember reading a story about John Bonham coming in with a double bass pedal once either for recording or just rehearsal. When he stepped out for a minute, the rest of the band took it away.

User Info Menu

Happy 65th Birthday to Bonzo.

Gone but never forgotten.

Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

Happy 65th John. He's now been dead longer than he was alive.

Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!