Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tommy Lee

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tommy Lee

right place right time maybe?

and gooood management. Tommy kept his name on the radar without even being in a band even while in jail.... not glamourizing that at all. They can have that image and run with it, thank you
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

I wasn't too fond of Tommy's sound on the Motley Crue release that had John Corabi on vocals. It came out in the 90's I think after Dr. Feelgood and you could choose from different colored cover artwork.

I thought the bass drum sonded pretty good but the snare sounded really wet and choked. It sounded almost like he was trying to get too much out of whatever snare drum he was using. Souded like it wasn't bigger than a 5.5 shell and maybe smaller.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

I remember seeing Tommy Lee on MTV and his home. It was cool. I also saw him in a movie where he was on a boat too.

User Info Menu

I've never really cared for hair rock in general, but you can't deny the bands had energy. I wonder what was big in the 80's that would have given them so much energy?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    I remember seeing Tommy Lee on MTV and his home. It was cool. I also saw him in a movie where he was on a boat too.
    LOL! hahahahah.

User Info Menu

I remember Tommy attending UNL in Lincoln for his TV show. Being in the marching band was a bit different for him, LOL.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I had them figured for a sort of KISS knock-off band. Got a 20 year old nephew that digs them.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    LOL! hahahahah.

So you saw it too. Remarkable acting job.

Written, produced, and directed by Tommy Lee.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post

Written, produced, directed and steered by Tommy Lee

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post

Cannot confirm or deny.

User Info Menu

I didn't really pay attention to him in the video
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I remember Tommy attending UNL in Lincoln for his TV show. Being in the marching band was a bit different for him, LOL.
    Not really he was in the marching band hi High School.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I think hes ok with not being the best drumline player around. Millions of dollars, multiplantinum albums, and having women fall at your feet tend to soften the blow.

User Info Menu

To his credit, he received a lot of positive comments from everyone that interacted with him. Granted, the TV show was staged, but he was very respectful, polite and Down-to-earth off the air. He didn't behave like the stereo-typical rock star...at least not in public.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dropdtune View Post
    ummmm....summary is for another drummer. Maybe a cut-paste error.
    Tommy Lee - first drummer to use DW drums.
    Tommy Lee - first drummer to get caught on tape in very private moments with his GF
    The second one is certain...as for DW i think Gar Samuelson was before Lee...and Samuelson was one of the best drummers ever...cant say the same about Lee...
    Last edited by dimitrisdrummer; 10-02-2014 at 10:46 AM.

User Info Menu

For some reason I could not stop watching this.

Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

hahaha that was more like Vince Lee. Had to be alcohol induced @ 3:40 priceless
    Last edited by slinky; 03-06-2016 at 06:58 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    hahaha that was more like Vince Lee. Had to be alcohol induced @ 3:40 priceless
    LOL, talk about having fun when playing..HAHAHAHHA. Gotta love the fog machine too
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Lee was a decent drummer. They might not be great musicians but they know how to make catchy sounding music. Thats rock n roll.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lexer View Post
    lee was a decent drummer. They might not be great musicians but they know how to make catchy sounding music. Thats rock n roll.
    +1
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

The beginning of the song Bastard on shout out tye devil is terrific rock drumming and a totally cool drum intro.
    Cool side note, Tommy was in marching band in high school. Im sure thats one reason for his cool sounding grooves. Matt sorum as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lexer View Post
    The beginning of the song Bastard on shout out tye devil is terrific rock drumming and a totally cool drum intro.
    Cool side note, Tommy was in marching band in high school. Im sure thats one reason for his cool sounding grooves. Matt sorum as well.
    agreed.... always liked that intro
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Tommy is a good drummer and has a marching band background. I love the intro to " bastard" on shout at the devil. The guy has some good chops. He actually seems like a nice guy.