Thread: Chad Wackerman

User Info Menu

Default Chad Wackerman

Chad Wackerman

Drummer: Chad Wackerman
    Main Style: Jazz, Jazz Fushion, Rock
    Main Band: Frank Zappa
    Brief Summary: Chad Wackerman (Born March 25, 1960 in Long Beach, California) is a jazz, jazz fusion and rock drummer; arguably best known in the United States for his work as a drummer and percussionist in Frank Zappa's band. However, he's worked as a band member, session musician, sideman, and bandleader of his own jazz trio.
    Other Facts: Chad Wackerman was raised in Seal Beach, California, in a family immersed in music. His father, a drummer, is an award-winning music teacher who has taught at both high school and middle school levels with a specialization in jazz. Chad and his brothers, John, and Brooks Wackerman are all proficient drummers and multi-instrumentalists. John recorded an album titled Drum Duets Vol.1.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Chad Wackerman

"The Chadillac"

Fearless

Last edited by Olimpass; 03-29-2020 at 12:18 PM.

User Info Menu

Got to add that Chad was residing here in Sydney for a number of years as well. His main group here, The Chad Wackerman Band, had only Aussie musician in it, guitarist James Muller. Everyone else was a U.S. "import", guys who have been living here for years....Leon Gaer on bass and Daryl Pratt on vibraphone. Plus a mate of mine, Glenn, was roadie for the group for quite some time. Chad's musical knowledge is scary indeed, lol.

Also, Chad has another musical brother, Bob, who is a bassist. But I'd say he's a closet drummer too, lol. And Chad's mum was also a marching drummer I think. But yeah, everyone in that family plays an instrument, for sure.
    Last edited by Drumbledore; 10-11-2011 at 08:17 PM.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

he was playing with Terry Bozzio too
    i meet him and is 2 brother (brooks and john ) at the montreal drumfest 2 year ago
    very nice poeple

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

He is indeed a lovely guy, Ricky. Mind you he does get a little sick of Frank Zappa nuts going "Hey Chad! Hi....do you remember what you did in such and such song, bar number 45, on such and such album?" Like.....as if even he can remember what he played all those years ago???" Poor bugger.

User Info Menu

One of my favourite drumming vids. Both are amazing drummers but Chad just looks so relaxed and his motions are fluid. Respect.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=563Joj7DoD0"]Terry Bozzio vs. Chad Wackerman - YouTube[/ame]
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Got to add that Chad was residing here in Sydney for a number of years as well. His main group here, The Chad Wackerman Band, had only Aussie musician in it, guitarist James Muller. Everyone else was a U.S. "import", guys who have been living here for years....Leon Gaer on bass and Daryl Pratt on vibraphone. Plus a mate of mine, Glenn, was roadie for the group for quite some time. Chad's musical knowledge is scary indeed, lol.

Also, Chad has another musical brother, Bob, who is a bassist. But I'd say he's a closet drummer too, lol. And Chad's mum was also a marching drummer I think. But yeah, everyone in that family plays an instrument, for sure.
    And his younger brother Brooks is a sick punk drummer, currently playing with Bad Religion. He was also the Uncle Sam drummer that toured with Tenacious D (and was in the movie I believe).

He's one of my favorite hard rock/punk drummers.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Wackerman.............what a great name for a drummer !

I've seen this guy play with Zappa, Barbara Streisand, and everything in between.............a great talent.

User Info Menu

One reason (or perhaps one of "Forty Reasons"?) to admire Chad's playing:

Last edited by Drumbledore; 01-11-2013 at 08:44 PM.

User Info Menu

I saw Chad Wackerman with Franz Zappa shortly after he joined the band. We went expecting Vinnie, but it was Chad.
    If memory serves, he was still reading the charts. I remember he had music stands with the charts on them. He was great.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Chad Wackerman
    Anyone here catch his clinic last night in Denver ?
    Tell us about it.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Youse From Here?

Last edited by Olimpass; 03-31-2017 at 03:08 PM.