Thread: Jim Fox

User Info Menu

Default Jim Fox

Jim Fox probably isn't as well known as others, but he is a great drummer. This is "Lost Woman" by the James Gang at Carnegie Hall. (Joe Walsh's band before he went to The Eagles). They are playing in the live Cream tradition (long jams).
    Last edited by aboveforever; 04-17-2020 at 03:19 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Jim Fox

We did "Tend My Garden" years ago. Hammond B-3 and a Leslie. That song wouldn't work with a Casio.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: Jim Fox

I can understand. Only a Hammond B3 can get that sound. That's why the great organ players like Jimmy Smith, Brother Jack McDuff, Jimmy McGriff, Gene Ludwig, Frank Marr, Mike LeDonne, Richard Groove Holmes, Jackie Ivory, Bill Hied, Larry Goldings, Bobby Forester, Charles Earland, Joey DeFranseco, Wild Bill Davis, Milt Buckner, George Avanitas, Lou Bennet, Sam Lazar, Don Peterson, Big John Patton, Melvin Rhyne, Freddie Roach, Johnny "Hammond" Smih, Lonnie Smith, Leon Spencer, Baby Face Willette, Reuben Wilson, Larry Young, and a lot others only use a Hammond B3. On many of their albums for instrument it says "Hammond B3".