Thread: Jo Jo Mayer

User Info Menu

Default Re: Jo Jo Mayer

He is the man, no doubt.

User Info Menu

Hour long interview with Jojo: http://youtu.be/o1dWR2OilC0

Cool stuff!
    Last edited by DrumRookie; 02-26-2013 at 08:14 PM.
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Thanks for the pedal video i didnt know he had come up with his own pedal i remember when i started drumming the drive on my pedal was a leather strap lol when i got my first chain driven pedal i though i was the coolest kid this side of the mississippi. I learned alot about speed control from mayer i still practice his snare rudiments today and the finger exercise i do them when im at the docs office or in car or on a train finger muscles are important without mayer ide have no stick control.

User Info Menu

Hot tip, couple of live Nerve albums are up for free on their Bandcamp page. Excellent stuff.
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

Awesome, thanks for that!

User Info Menu

I was watching his Secret Weapons for the Modern Drummer video, and he can play single flams consecutively at an incredible speed to the point where it basically becomes a flam roll. I want to be able to play flams like that someday. Also, he always uses traditional grip. I find that I can get more power from my left hand while using traditional sometimes, but for some reason the stick can rub up against my thumb too much and it's pretty uncomfortable. I wonder if my grip is too loose or too tight? I can't seem to find a way around it. Either way, I'm impressed that Jo Jo can play traditional so flawlessly.