Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: New drums!

Your birthday will be here before you know it. Congratulations on the great present!

User Info Menu

Another Libra drummer! Been noticing this alot...congrats on the new drums.

User Info Menu

Thanks everybody! One more week, then the drums are mine and the pictures are yours! It feels like a lifetime. I'll even break out the mics after I tune them up so you can hear how it all sounds! Unfortunately I'm left with only two mics because one blew out because water got inside it.

I see the general consensus on heads is coated G2s over G1's. @DrumRookie my drum teacher suggested EC2's also, and he knows how I play and what I like, so I'll check both heads out.

Anyway thank you all. I can't freaking wait!
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

P.S. My band is officially starting up again after my new drums get set up. I can't wait for that either. It's going to be great. Prepare for some epic stuff.

Check it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Another Libra drummer! Been noticing this alot...congrats on the new drums.
    lol thats so true!!!!
    If you are going through hell...keep going!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jordison515 View Post
    P.S. My band is officially starting up again after my new drums get set up. I can't wait for that either. It's going to be great. Prepare for some epic stuff.
    good news .....

User Info Menu

@jordison: I am looking forward to hearing the new stuff as I already like the band at the moment :D
    *TAMA-PEARL-REMO-EVANS-PAISTE- SABIAN-ZILDJIAN-VATER*

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperPbizzle?feature=mhw5

User Info Menu

Today's the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pics are yours tonight!

Check it.

User Info Menu

Let's see it!

User Info Menu

Happy Birthday. Your NY teams didn't do you any birthday favors though!!! LOL!

User Info Menu

Happy birthday man!!! (assuming today is your b-day)

Can't wait to see and hear the new kit!

I love it when fellow DC folks get new stuff... it feels almost as exciting as when I get new stuff

User Info Menu

He must be having too much fun playing it to post pics.

Waiting.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PDP MX Series Drums, Zildjian A Custom cymbals, Tama Simon Phillips Gladiator Signature snare, Roc-N-Soc throne.

User Info Menu

Congrats on the new kit, nice lookin' kit.

User Info Menu

Happy birthday Jordison, have a good one! Lets see those pics, man!

User Info Menu

Happy Birthday!!! Can't wait to hear them.

User Info Menu

Hey all-

I know some, if not most of you know that my kit started self destructing over the summer. Well, I finally get the chance to say goodbye to that piece of junk! My birthday present came early; I know it's nothing special, but I got a Ludwig Pinnacle drum set. I think it says it's wine red on the box (can't open it until my birthday though, but when it is set up, pictures are all yours) and it looks nice from what i've seen in the stock pictures.

It's tom sizes are 10, 12, and 16; I think i'm going to reuse my 16 from my current set and make it 2 up 2 down, but i'm going to tune my old 16 like an 18. Deep and boomy. I like big sounds, if you didn't know already. The only bad thing about the tom sizes is the 10. I was looking for a 10, 12, 16 set but the only thing that kinda kept me on the fence about those particular sizes was that i'd have to buy all new heads. I think i'm going to go with Evans, so any suggestions on heads? Like I said, I like boomy, resonant sounds. I know I can achieve a boomy sound by tuning the reso low, but, either way, what heads can I use that I can tune to whatever project i'm doing? Whether it be, say, country, or metal. A good all around head that sounds great when it's recorded (If you say G2s, which would be better, clear or coated?).

Like I said, pics to come, but man, I am BUMMED I can't open this baby up yet. It came two weeks early! Man!

-Jordison

EDIT:
    Plus it comes with all the hardware: an extra hat stand, another cymbal stand, a throne, a snare stand... the works. I can mount my 16" ZHT crash again, and maybe i'll use the hi hats that come with the drums as a pair of closed x-hats. I like having my hi hats super tight when they're closed, and I wouldn't mind using brass ones for that purpose, because it sounds generally the same when it's closed super tight. Besides I don't really use my drop clutch too often, so x-hats would be nice to have.

My main kit and my road kit both have the Gibraltar X-Hats and I love em...plus the price is right. If you go with an online store, go with one that gives you free shipping ...regardless of how much your total is.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Congrats on a nice lookin kit and having 2 weeks before opening em up...just gives you the time to get the heads and X-Hats and all the preliminary stuff done...so on "Opening Day"...you got it all ready to go. Its a great thing getting a new kit and we all share your joy....
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Just a heads up-

I took the pictures of the drums as promised, but when my dad bought them he bought an incomplete set; there was no snare drum, tom mounts, cymbal stand, bass drum clamp things, drum throne (Although I got a Roc n' Soc!!)... and he didn't realize he bought an incomplete set, so we're going to the LI Drum Center tomorrow afternoon to get the stuff I need, so part two will be up tomorrow night, hopefully with a recording if I can remember. Sorry about this mishap, I'm disappointed too, but hey, I get a way better snare drum out of it!

The drums are much shinier and prettier in person. These pictures were taken with my phone camera, like usual. I tuned the toms up really easily and with little to no effort, got the sound I wanted out of the stock heads, which are surprisingly nice sounding, and I think I prefer them to the pins haha.
    So, without further ado:

Check it.

User Info Menu

Continued-

EDIT: Excuse the messy room. I was really excited and a clean basement was the LAST thing on my mind, believe me.

Like I said, it's an incomplete set, and will most likely be completed by tomorrow night. Toms sound wonderful. I would recommend this set to anybody. The finish is very nice as well. It's well built, sturdy, and hopefully it'll last me a number of years, unlike the sabotage machine I had. Which, coincidentally, had a lug BREAK OFF today (CLEAN off as I removed it from the tom arms, which I reused, since my new set did not come with any), as well as the snare drum throwoff becoming completely broken, rendering both drums (13" tom and 14" snare) completely and utterly useless to me.

Anyway, i'm really stoked I got it set up!!! Much prettier in person. The camera really does not do it justice.

Check it.

User Info Menu

Congratulations! Looks like your having some fun there. I'm surprised the kit didn't have tom mounts included.

User Info Menu

Looks sharp man. I guess the incompleteness of the kit kinda enables you to have a custom setup that you will truly enjoy
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

New drums AND a Roc N Soc? That's a nice score!

User Info Menu

Congrats buddy looks really good and glad you have work in progress always god to learn stuff. I wish you all the best with the set
    *TAMA-PEARL-REMO-EVANS-PAISTE- SABIAN-ZILDJIAN-VATER*

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperPbizzle?feature=mhw5

User Info Menu

congrats, enjoy man!!!! and yea one more in favor of the ec2 frosted, great all around head , nice punchy with some tone. cant go wrong.
    don't put off till tomorrow what you can put off today

User Info Menu

you have a cool dad, got you a rocnsoc too!
    it has good reviews online.
    dude, i have a PDP Z5 i bought my kid last xmas, and while the Pearl is undergoing refurbishing im playing it.
    i added my Catalina maple snare and Pearl 16 FT to it with G2s and a Genera dry and it sounds damn good for being a cheap poplar kit.

congrats and enjoy.
    even student drums are fun to look at in the middle of the night.
    hey, thats a savable quote, i shall add it to my sig
    Last edited by kyle102565; 10-04-2011 at 05:53 PM.