Thread: Roger Taylor

User Info Menu

Default Roger Taylor

Roger Taylor

Drummer: Roger Taylor
    Main Style: Rock
    Main Band: Queen
    Brief Summary: Roger Taylor is best known as the drummer, backing vocalist and occasional lead vocalist of British rock band Queen. In addition to being the drummer he composed at least one track on each of Queen's studio albums.

Other Facts: a.k.a. Roger Meddows-Taylor

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roger Taylor

Welcome to Drum Chat PxT, and thanks for putting up Roger Taylor!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Anyone heard about the Queen Extravaganza he is putting together?

User Info Menu

there was a Classic Albums show (VH1) about Queen last night. Lots of cool inside info. Roger sang all the highs in the backing vocals. Still plays Ludwig
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

LOVE QUEEN!!!

Roger is a very talented drummer, and a very important influence.

My favorite album is "A Night at The Opera", but I love all of Queen's releases!

User Info Menu

I'm a big fan of Roger Taylor. He along with Phil Colins, are the drummers stuck most in my memory.

I LOVE QUEEN!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    there was a Classic Albums show (VH1) about Queen last night. Lots of cool inside info. Roger sang all the highs in the backing vocals. Still plays Ludwig
    Sadly he's playing DW now.

User Info Menu

I watched "Queen, live in Montreal" on Netflix last night. Simply awesome. Loved it when he sang "in love with my car"!

...quite an art singing and drumming like that.
    Better the devil you know, than you don't know! (Better the devil you know, the real devil is me!)

User Info Menu

Better the devil you know, than you don't know! (Better the devil you know, the real devil is me!)

User Info Menu

Speaking of Roger Taylor, anyone seen this? Got this somewhere on VHS. It's a case of spotting who's who in the classic rock world!

"...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Great drummer! I saw Queen in Oakland back in the mid '80s. Awesome show and great band!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Howzit View Post
    I watched "Queen, live in Montreal" on Netflix last night. Simply awesome. Loved it when he sang "in love with my car"!

I just watched this over the weekend as well. I noticed that Roger has sort of an odd habit in this show -- well two actually. He spends a lot of time almost crouched over staring at the floor near his hi-hat. That seems to be his default position any time there are no fills going on. It looked really uncomfortable to me, but his playing certainly was no worse for it.

Secondly he has an odd technique with his left hand where he changes his grip in between snare shots and rests the stick on the drum head during the off count.

One of my favorite bands of all time, so those are not criticisms, just something that stuck out to me as sort of odd.
    Tama Imperialstar + Zildjian A Customs + a dash of rock & roll

User Info Menu

I was lucky enough to see Queen twice.
    The first time was at Elland Road, Leeds in 1982, and the second time was at Knebworth in August 86, their last ever concert with Freddie.
    I still consider that one to be the best show I've ever been to.
    Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

Saw them 3 times back in the day, just, Amazing, truly Amazing band. Each one the members was a whole 25% of the band, every song, anthem and classic track would not exist without those drums, that guitar, that bass or that voice. Never as strong as when together, in my opinion.

Roger Taylor has 'the feel', just sublime.