Thread: Deen Castronovo

User Info Menu

Default Deen Castronovo

Deen Castronovo

Drummer: Deen Castronovo
    Main Style: Rock/Metal
    Main Band: Journey
    Brief Summary: Born in Westminster, California. Deen discovered the drums at age five. At 13, he had learned every song on Journey's album Infinity. Although he has played with Journey for the past 10 years he has also played and recorded for Bad English, Hardline, Ozzy Osborne, Steve Vai, Wild Dogs, Paul Rodgers, Geezer Butlers band GZR and many more.

Deen also released an instructional video called "High Performance Drumming."
    Endorsements: DW Drums, Zildjian, Evans, Regal Tips Sticks.

Personally, I saw Deen play with GZR on one of only two shows with this band and he was unbelieveably good! A freind of mine who went to see Journey before the new singer told me that he was amazed at what a great singer Deen is besides a drummer. He told me that he was shocked at how well he could sing all the Journey stuff,,,, while playing!
    I have a lot of respect for this guy and have listened to him since the early 90's.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Deen Castronovo

Now this is High Performance Drumming! Watch the whole vid but check out the drum fill at 3:25. What a monster!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOGZ82wz0ns"]Deen Castronovo - YouTube[/ame]

User Info Menu

Deen rocks! I still have a Wild Dogs cassette and love the GZR stuff! pretty awsome he got the Journey gig and has stuck with it for so long. Have a magazine article/interview when he was in Bad English
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

it always blows me away when i see guys that can do this...

RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

What a voice! Wow!!

User Info Menu

Just awesome to see a drummer take the vocals like that. What a voice and chops

User Info Menu

I had absolutely no idea he could sing but that voice is outstanding! Close your eyes and it is just perfect for that song. Open them and find your jaw dropping to the floor as you realise he's also the drummer. Amazing.
    PDP | Black Panther | Sabian |

User Info Menu

Agree with the above.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I really embrace that drum set up in the first video. Are those rack toms 10,12,13 ?