Thread: Impression Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Impression Cymbals

Gday guys,

So today, I went n visited a drum shop which I've been meaning to go to for months. Excellent shop. They carry a fair few brands which are not common in Australia and there's a workshop out the back which you can have a wonder around in. Really cool stuff.

Anyway they had a fair few of these cymbals. The bloke in the shop said that they're made by some blokes that used to work for Bosphorus and decided to go out on their own. 100% hand hammered turk cymbals, they sound really, really good and the prices are fairly reasonable. Might pick up a few one of these days.

Anyone else heard of em?
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Impression Cymbals

Never heard of them

User Info Menu

They have a website. There are 10 different series of cymbals that look to be high-end.

User Info Menu

So the drumstore is Access Drumming. Great shop, great service. These guys are the au importers of Impression. IMO the Impression sound just as good if not better than the Paiste Twenty series. Seriously if you want great sound, these cymbals have it. Go and hit em and hear for yourselves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by casteer View Post
    So the drumstore is Access Drumming. Great shop, great service. These guys are the au importers of Impression. IMO the Impression sound just as good if not better than the Paiste Twenty series. Seriously if you want great sound, these cymbals have it. Go and hit em and hear for yourselves.
    Yeah that's the one. How good is Access hey. Best drum shop in Brissie

Did you head up there for their end of financial year sale? So many bargains.

Welcome to the forum too btw. Good to have another Brisbane drummer on board

User Info Menu

I haven't heard of them here in the U.S., but it's always nice to hear about another cymbal company. The more competition there is for the consumer's dollar (or whatever the currency), the more the prices will tend to come down.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

BackStreetDrums Guest

Impression cymbals, made in Istanbul, was started by 4 former Bosphorus artisans. As of date (8-2013), only 3 remain, the 4th leaving the cymbal business. They are made, so it is said, similar to Bosphorus for much less $$

[Link removed. With the exception of paid advertisers, commercial links are not permitted in this forum. Please reference the forum rules. - Tom]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BackStreetDrums View Post
    Impression cymbals, made in Istanbul, was started by 4 former Bosphorus artisans. As of date (8-2013), only 3 remain, the 4th leaving the cymbal business. They are made, so it is said, similar to Bosphorus for much less $$

They actually got bought out by Crescent Cymbals a few months ago now so you might have some issues ordering them lol.

User Info Menu

Wait....can Impression cymbals help me with this song? Lol....

"...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8