Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Videogamesss!?!?!?!!?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Videogamesss!?!?!?!!?

BF3 is one of the best games I have ever played MP wise. I'm not really a lone wolf high kill count kind of guy. I throw a lot of ammo packs and medpacs, and go for flag caps. And I do pretty well. sbkarasik on origin.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Mostly FIFA, Battlefield and COD... I dont play anything else.. LOL
    Paiste Alpha 14'' Sound Edge hats
    Paiste Alpha 16'' Medium Crash
    Sabian XS20 14'' Medium-Thin Crash
    Wuhan 16'' China

drummer: Being young is good ... as long as you're also wise
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Then you can use napkins to wipe your hands instead of taping them to your heads.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kyle102565 View Post
    after having played every first person shooter out there Halo was dissapointing to me, you get dropped off by the ship in the beginning and theres nothing there, too much walking or driving to get anywhere, the scenarios were predictable. i found myself using cheat codes to liven things up, Halo wasnt for me. and at 50 bucks i expected more.
    Deus Ex and the Fallout series ive had the most fun with.
    You haven't played the recent halo's? I agree, the first halo campaign was a little disappointing, in terms of mechanics and game play, but the story line behind halo is phenomenal, and the recent campaigns compliment it beautifully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoferif09 View Post
    I am totally with the xbox crowd. For me the Kinect ( when I get it ) is going to be amazing. I keep hearing how they are going to implement the voice stuff into shooters and such. It is going to add a whole new level to games i believe.

Xbox live for me is worth every penny.

Anyone into pc gaming that is current on mobile graphics cards? I am looking to build a laptop in the near future, and want to be able to play some current games.

Fifty, on the 360 having a better processing unit, I believe the PS3 actually has 7 cores/threads. It actually has a lot more processing power than the 360. So far though, I don't think anyone has really taken advantage of it though.
    I checked wikipedia (yes I know it isn't absolutely credible, but its easy, and for the most part, I haven't any false information) This is comparing the 4th gen PS3 (I think) and the Xbox 360-S, the graphics card is actually much better on the xbox than the PS3.

With regards to your graphics chip, I used to be a huge techy, I still know a lot of my stuff, and I still know where to look, I'll look into it.

Do you know what your build would be? I.E. what kind of CPU will you have, motherboard, RAM (how much, what type and all the rest of those good specs) how many PCI (I think that's what they're called) ports would be available?

If you could give me some more information I'll help you out.
    5 Piece Pearl kit 12" 13" 16" toms, 14" snare.
    16" Sabian XS20 Rock Crash
    20" Sabian XS20 Medium Ride
    14" Sabian AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats
    18" Sabian AAX-Plosion Crash
    19" Sabian AAX-Treme Chinese - pending
    Pearl Power Stroke Eliminator X Double kick pedal
    "The things that are worth knowing, cannot be taught." -Oscar Wilde
    "If you think you can or you think you can't, either way, you're right!." -Henry Ford

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ice View Post
    waiting for : Diablo 3, WoW - mists of pandaria

Playing : Diablo 2, WoW - Catalysm (or how ever its spelled) Rainbow six - Vegas 2, Trackmania 2

i guess thats it, since i really dont play any new driving games other than trackmania... most shooters make me borred after five mins.

FUNNY FACT :

I have been playing WoW since the day it came out, still going strong...
    YES! A WOW HEAD! lmaooooo. Pandaria seems.. meh, ill probably try it. but if i dont like it, im dropping XD i been playing since mid BC '07. fun as hell! 2 realmlists full of 60+ and 4 85s XD haha
    Specs

Drums: Gretsch Catalina Maple (Dark Cherry Burst) 8,10,12,14,16 toms 14 snare 22 bass
    Heads: Remo Pinstripes over Ambassadors on toms
    Bass: Stock Grestch stock reso and Evans EC2 batter
    Snare: Ambassador over Ambassador reso, PureSound Snares
    Cymbals: Zildjian A MasterSound HiHats 14"
    Sabian Xs20 Crashes 16"/18"
    Zildjian 20th Anniversary A Custom ride 21"
    Wuhan Splashes 8"/10"
    Wuhan China 16"

http://www.facebook.com/AWorkInProgressBand

^^^Like my band!!^^^

User Info Menu

and as for the xbox people out there. I WAS an "xbox-er" (<-- ha) until!... i went through 3 consoles, 12 mics, and multiple hardware pieces. I took care of my xbox like a mother to a child. I cleaned it, made sure ALL vents were accessible to air.. and they still broke do to hardware issues... Overheating (even though i didnt play THAT often and kept it completely clean), Disc Tray stoped working on one. and the other i got (used from a friend) i refuse to play and spend money on because of past events. Got a ps3 slim in '08 still sounds and works like new. I'm sticking to that xD ha

Edit: However, to add, I am a computer gamer more.. so the ps3 wont be touched probably until MW3 and SKYRIM!!!!!!!!! dying for it Dx haha.

Also, cant believe how well this thread came out to be. A lot of drummers are gamers :D WOOT!!!
    Last edited by Frazzetto; 10-31-2011 at 06:01 AM. Reason: addition of post
    Specs

Drums: Gretsch Catalina Maple (Dark Cherry Burst) 8,10,12,14,16 toms 14 snare 22 bass
    Wuhan Splashes 8"/10"
    Wuhan China 16"

^^^Like my band!!^^^

User Info Menu

Everyone who has ps3 online add me, my psn is DJELLIOT all caps. I have recently bought battlefield 3 and am loving the hell out of it. Getting mw3 for Christmas hopefully. I'm a massive shooters fan, so I only ever really play COD or battlefield.
    CURRENT SETUP-
    Sonic Drive 7 piece kit.
    2 up 2 down

- Sabian AA Holy China 17"
    - Meinl classics custom extreme metal crash 18"
    - Sabian AA 16" crash
    - Zildjian Z custom 20" ride
    - Evans G2 heads
    - Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedal
    -Joey Jordison signature snare drum.

Drummer For: *BAND HAS NO NAME YET*
    Genre:Metal/Screamo

User Info Menu

I'll add you when i get a mic. which should be incredibly soon. Sofresh99si
    Specs

Wuhan Splashes 8"/10"
    Wuhan China 16"

^^^Like my band!!^^^

User Info Menu

Do you know what your build would be? I.E. what kind of CPU will you have, motherboard, RAM (how much, what type and all the rest of those good specs) how many PCI (I think that's what they're called) ports would be available?

If you could give me some more information I'll help you out.
    I should be using a quad core AMD. I can't seem to justify the price increase for less cores on an Intel I5. I'm shooting for right around 6 gigs of ram. As for any other info, I don't have it. Lol. I'm really just looking for a decent build that will allow me to play most games, and stay under 1000 dollars

User Info Menu

I am a Stalker junkie. I have all of them and have also tried the many mods that are available. I like the SMARTER mod for Call of Pripyat, and Oblivion Lost for Shadow of Chernobyl.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

I should be using a quad core AMD. I can't seem to justify the price increase for less cores on an Intel I5. I'm shooting for right around 6 gigs of ram. As for any other info, I don't have it. Lol. I'm really just looking for a decent build that will allow me to play most games, and stay under 1000 dollars
    A good amd build can be made for well under that. I think one of the keys to saving money and getting good parts, is to intentionally buy previous generation components. It may sound a little stupid to buy old outdated stuff, but the thing is that stuff is still considerably powerful but the price drops by a hefty amount when the product is succeeded by the next best thing. I believe that currently, it is a good idea to get a cheap radeon chipset video card as long as it has dx11 and eyefinity because the updated cards do not have more advanced technologies equipped- mostly just a different cooling solution or warranty. Just because it's from an older time doesn't mean it's not powerful enough to handle the games you throw at it, it's just a way to save money and get what you need.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

My current build cost me $1250 NZD, and here's what I have...

Core i5 2500k 3.3GHz
    4GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz
    Intel DH61BE
    Radeon HD6670 1GB GDDR5
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Liteon dvd drive
    Antec NSK 3480
    Microsoft Sidewinder keyboard

$1250 NZD = $989 USD
    - Zack

User Info Menu

IF you go AMD, and your budget is 1000, I would say get a phenom IIx6. And get the cheapest Black Edition. You WILL get the urge to at least try overclocking, and a BE is so much easier. Get ram sticks in either pairs or 4 stick kits, so you can use dual channel. I would also get a 900 series mobo, because that gives you the option to either run SLI (nvidia cards) or Crossfire (radeons). If SLI/Crossfire is something you are interested in doing later, make sure you get a good PSU. If you are going to build your own computer, factor in 100 dollars for the Windows 7. Lot's of people forget the OS when getting a budget together.
    BTW dont SLI/Crossfire right out the bat. Buy 1 highend gfx card as opposed to 2 midrange.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"

User Info Menu

i was a huge fan of Fallout and seeing the new Fallout makes me want to get a game console again. i was an Xbox fan ages ago but being 46 i figured i better get my house worked on so i gave it to a neighbor kid. Xbox 360 or a Playstation? i need feedback from the drum nerds!
    I was xbox for so long. but their hardware breaks to easily in my opinion. It just stops working. i was on my 3rd xbox when i decided to go PS3 love it
    Specs

Wuhan Splashes 8"/10"
    Wuhan China 16"

^^^Like my band!!^^^

User Info Menu

And wow! a lot of us are nerds!!! IM NOT ALONE LMAOOOO. gamers/drummers FTW :P
    Specs

Wuhan Splashes 8"/10"
    Wuhan China 16"

^^^Like my band!!^^^

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty View Post
    generally (and I am not accusing you) people just say halo sucks, and hate it.
    Ahaha, The reason people dislike HALO is because it is generic as hell. Console gamers seem to think it introduced so many new awesome things, but in reality these things were already present in many other PC titles.
    Everything about the halo series screams generic... Everything's basically... empty landscape with a few metal FUTURE BUILDINGS sticking out of it, you play a faceless generic soldier.

I have played PS3 before, and I love it I have to say, but when I was playing Call of Duty on the PS3, I was not impressed.
    You were playing a FPS on a console, what did you expect? (Apart from the ridiculous aim-assist and giant hit boxes, of course).

Xbox 360 uses a better GPU (graphics processing unit) than the PS3 does - don't try to argue that fact.
    There is little point to arguing the difference in graphics processing power of two consoles using 5/6year old tech. Xbox visuals are generally a little better, but there's never a huge difference between the two. They share the similarity of being rather quaint by todays PC standards.

Xbox 360 or a Playstation? i need feedback from the drum nerds!
    It all depends on which exclusive titles are more appealing to you, particular PS3 exclusives that stand out are the Uncharted games, inFamous, Demon Souls, God of War, Ratchet and Clank etc. Keep in mind PS3 doesn't charge a subscription fee to play online. Xbox 360 has a few decent exlusives, but it comes down to which you want more.

As for some recent PC games that I've played and particularly liked -
    The Witcher 2, Deus Ex: HR, PAYDAY (not bad for a port), Terraria. Will get into some BF3 and Skyrim in the coming weeks.
    Played some of RAGE and I wasn't impressed, pretty bland story and gameplay wise, and the terrible texture streaming issues didn't help. (Due to the unloading/reloading of unseen textures to ensure consoles could play it, but since you can turn faster on a pc you notice it).

User Info Menu

Dark Souls!!!! On 360 and PS3...been playing the 360 version lately. I love the Demon's Souls/Dark Souls game so much. Incredibly difficult, and extremely rewarding. They're so good.
    DRUMS
    Fibes Clear Crystalite, 22"/16"/12"
    SNARES
    Pork Pie Piglite Amber Acrylic, 13x7"
    Mapex Black Panther Hand Hammered Steel, 14x6"
    CYMBALS
    Sabian AAX-celerator 15" Hi-hats
    Sabian AA 17" Medium Thin Crash
    Sabian AA 18" Rock Crash
    Sabian AAX 21" Raw Bell Dry Ride
    MISC
    DW5000 Single Pedal
    Assorted Hardware
    Remo/Aquarian Heads

User Info Menu

I've been getting back into Runescape again, lol. It's been nearly two years since I last played O_o
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Witcher 2 looks pretty good.. Both gameplay and cinematics wise. Although the latter isn't anything super impressive, it has good content to speak of. Reminds me of Drakken for ps2 a lot.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

ghost recon future soldier.
    DW Remo Vic Firth Zidljian

User Info Menu

Loving minecraft for xbox right now. If you've never heard of it, check it out! Great game.
    Sabian Squad (Albeit Ironically )

Check out my Youtube Channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/AustVaiv?feature=mhee

User Info Menu

My ex loved minecraft(pc) to pieces. Never really checked it out on console, because i've never really liked a pc-to-console port before. Hard to get used to controllers for certain game types.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TOE KNEE View Post
    Dark Souls!!!! On 360 and PS3...been playing the 360 version lately. I love the Demon's Souls/Dark Souls game so much. Incredibly difficult, and extremely rewarding. They're so good.
    Heh heh that's a pretty good game, heard a lot of nightmarish stories of frustration revolving around the difficulty of that series. Kinda like the original version of Devil May Cry 3.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Playing a lot of Dota2 and also DayZ a zombie survival mod for Arma2. Very tempted to get Diablo 3 but I don't know if it's a wise decision since my uni workload is heavy right now and exams are coming up :(

User Info Menu

D3
    BigPoppa#1768
    :D

User Info Menu

I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum