Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Videogamesss!?!?!?!!?

User Info Menu

Talking Videogamesss!?!?!?!!?

This thread is for us nerd drummers!!!! what games are you waiting for!? what games do you play often!? what systems? ANYTHING GAMES!!!!!

*I am waiting for: COD:MW3(PS3), ElderScrolls V: Skyrim(PS3), Diablo3(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC)

*I often play: COD:Black Ops(ps3), Starcraft2 ..[sometimes](PC),
    However the game i play the most! (the ultimate nerd game of the century!.. :P) World Of Warcraft!!! haha.

What about you guys? anything in common? ask questions if you want :P
    (i didnt list a lot of games i play, so if anyone has a question like "How is WoW?" or "Ever play ____?" if i can, i'll gladly respond :P)
    LET THE NERDS WIN MOAR!!
    Specs

Drums: Gretsch Catalina Maple (Dark Cherry Burst) 8,10,12,14,16 toms 14 snare 22 bass
    Heads: Remo Pinstripes over Ambassadors on toms
    Bass: Stock Grestch stock reso and Evans EC2 batter
    Snare: Ambassador over Ambassador reso, PureSound Snares
    Cymbals: Zildjian A MasterSound HiHats 14"
    Sabian Xs20 Crashes 16"/18"
    Zildjian 20th Anniversary A Custom ride 21"
    Wuhan Splashes 8"/10"
    Wuhan China 16"

http://www.facebook.com/AWorkInProgressBand

^^^Like my band!!^^^

User Info Menu

Default Re: Videogamesss!?!?!?!!?

I too am waiting for MW3 (Xbox 360), however the one I want to get are already out: Battlefield 3, Batman: Arkham City, Forza 4 and Gears 3.

Cancelled my WoW account about a month ago, wasnt really playing that much.

I still play BF Bad Comany 2 and Gears 2.
    Last edited by ohfirefighter; 10-28-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    -Gretsch Catalina Maple
    -Sabian Xs20 14in Hi-Hat
    -Sabian Xs20 14in Medium Thin Crash
    -Sabian Xs20 16in Medium Thin Crash
    -Sabian Xs20 18in Medium Thin Crash
    -Sabian AAX Omni 22in Ride
    -Sabian AAX V-Crash 16in
    -DW 3000 Hardware
    -Pearl Powershifter Eliminator Double Pedal

~Sabian Squad~

User Info Menu

I'm waiting for Skyrim. Used to play WoW a decent amount, but stopped a few months ago.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

im waiting on skyrim also. if i had a pc and a good enough connection i would play star wars the old republic when it comes out.

User Info Menu

My current favourite is Excel 2007; I'm waiting for Excel 2010 (infinite levels, I'm told...). The graphic animations are not 'super',and the plot is a bit empty, but I'm far from having gone through all its' potential after all these years...
    (but, then again, I'm old...) :-)
    Have a nice day.
    Dad3353 (Douglas...)

User Info Menu

TF2, Borderlands and Counter Strike: Source, mainly. I also picked up Battlefield 3 for PC but my ISP doesn't seem to like it.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

They are bringing back the shield in mw3. Im so buying it
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

I switch between reach and black ops, though I think reach dominates my "playing" field. I am probably going to buy MW3, halo anniversary edition, and BF3. I love halo, its without a doubt my favourite game.
    5 Piece Pearl kit 12" 13" 16" toms, 14" snare.
    16" Sabian XS20 Rock Crash
    20" Sabian XS20 Medium Ride
    14" Sabian AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats
    18" Sabian AAX-Plosion Crash
    19" Sabian AAX-Treme Chinese - pending
    Pearl Power Stroke Eliminator X Double kick pedal
    "The things that are worth knowing, cannot be taught." -Oscar Wilde
    "If you think you can or you think you can't, either way, you're right!." -Henry Ford

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty View Post
    I switch between reach and black ops, though I think reach dominates my "playing" field. I am probably going to buy MW3, halo anniversary edition, and BF3. I love halo, its without a doubt my favourite game.
    Halo, is simply awesome. I remember playing it when it first came out. I was ten. I had no clue what I was doing. Lol

User Info Menu

Maybe I'm weird, but I didn't enjoy Halo (the first one) that much. I just found it really boring...
    - Zack

User Info Menu

waiting for : Diablo 3, WoW - mists of pandaria

Playing : Diablo 2, WoW - Catalysm (or how ever its spelled) Rainbow six - Vegas 2, Trackmania 2

i guess thats it, since i really dont play any new driving games other than trackmania... most shooters make me borred after five mins.

FUNNY FACT :

I have been playing WoW since the day it came out, still going strong...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    Does this mean that drummers are insane ?

User Info Menu

I got Batman Arkham City last week its freaking epic =]
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

i was a huge fan of Fallout and seeing the new Fallout makes me want to get a game console again. i was an Xbox fan ages ago but being 46 i figured i better get my house worked on so i gave it to a neighbor kid. Xbox 360 or a Playstation? i need feedback from the drum nerds!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    Maybe I'm weird, but I didn't enjoy Halo (the first one) that much. I just found it really boring...
    youre not alone, the first Halo sucked along with the rest, i wanted my money back!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kyle102565 View Post
    youre not alone, the first Halo sucked along with the rest, i wanted my money back!!!!
    +1 i cant stand any of the the halo games they are boring to me
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

I play all kinds. Just got the system 'battlefield 3 ready' so i'm all set for a game-a-thon with whatever. Took it a step further and overclocked everything a bit, so it's gonna kill it for sure.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I play all kinds. Just got the system 'battlefield 3 ready' so i'm all set for a game-a-thon with whatever. Took it a step further and overclocked everything a bit, so it's gonna kill it for sure.
    Whoa when did this happen russ? It's been too long since we chatted.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    Whoa when did this happen russ? It's been too long since we chatted.
    Recently actually. Hoping to pick up some suggestions for good games to check out!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I strongly disagree. Can I ask why you don't appreciate it? If you give me a legitimate reason I would understand, but generally (and I am not accusing you) people just say halo sucks, and hate it.

i was a huge fan of Fallout and seeing the new Fallout makes me want to get a game console again. i was an Xbox fan ages ago but being 46 i figured i better get my house worked on so i gave it to a neighbor kid. Xbox 360 or a Playstation? i need feedback from the drum nerds!
    Xbox for sure. And don't flame me for my reasons, what I am listing, is things PS3 doesn't have, whats better or worse for each console can't really be proven, so I'll leave them out for now. Why I prefer Xbox:

Kinect - no controller, you control the game with your body, there is now hundreds of kinect - compatible games to choose from, including my personal favourite; Starwars.

Party Chat - Allows you to vocally communicate with up to eight other xbox live users, and it does not matter if you are playing the same game or not. You may stay at the xbox menu, sign in and still be able to talk to people with out ever starting any console application.

Xbox 360 uses a better GPU (graphics processing unit) than the PS3 does - don't try to argue that fact. The XBOX 360 GPU uses a processor clocked at 700 MHz, with 512 MB of GDDR3 ram, whereas the PS3 uses a GPU clocked at 550 MHz with 256MB of GDDR3 ram.

Exclusive titles:
    Gears of war (all of them)
    Dead Rising (original)
    Forza 2, 3 & 4
    Fable
    Halo (1, 2, 3, wars, ODST, Reach, Anniversary edition)
    Numerous other Xbox Live arcade titles
    Call of Duty DLC's also come out a month (in some cases it has only been two weeks) earlier than the PS3 release

Cons:
    You have to pay $50 CDN a year for Xbox live gold, but silver is free (obviously you get less features with the silver version of xbox live)

What I think:
    I think $50 a year is worth it. I have played PS3 before, and I love it I have to say, but when I was playing Call of Duty on the PS3, I was not impressed. There was a lot of lag spikes (when the game momentarily freezes) based on my various experiences playing the PS3, I would say that the online quality is much better on the Xbox. It is much better in fact, the voices never lag or cut.

Other stuff: Xbox does not get the red ring. The new "slim" version of the 360 has a different ventilation system. And I haven't heard of one case where the XBOX 360-s got the red ring.

Oh, upon further reading, the XBOX 360 also has a better processing unit, which features three 3.2 GHZ cores, whereas the PS3 has a CPU which features a single core clocked at 3.2 GHz.
    Last edited by Fifty; 10-29-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    5 Piece Pearl kit 12" 13" 16" toms, 14" snare.
    16" Sabian XS20 Rock Crash
    20" Sabian XS20 Medium Ride
    14" Sabian AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats
    18" Sabian AAX-Plosion Crash
    19" Sabian AAX-Treme Chinese - pending
    Pearl Power Stroke Eliminator X Double kick pedal
    "The things that are worth knowing, cannot be taught." -Oscar Wilde
    "If you think you can or you think you can't, either way, you're right!." -Henry Ford

User Info Menu

I am totally with the xbox crowd. For me the Kinect ( when I get it ) is going to be amazing. I keep hearing how they are going to implement the voice stuff into shooters and such. It is going to add a whole new level to games i believe.

Xbox live for me is worth every penny.

Anyone into pc gaming that is current on mobile graphics cards? I am looking to build a laptop in the near future, and want to be able to play some current games.

Fifty, on the 360 having a better processing unit, I believe the PS3 actually has 7 cores/threads. It actually has a lot more processing power than the 360. So far though, I don't think anyone has really taken advantage of it though.
    Last edited by Xoferif09; 10-29-2011 at 02:44 PM.

User Info Menu

Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Doom one and two, borderlands. That's all, goodnight. IMO the best games ever made.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

after having played every first person shooter out there Halo was dissapointing to me, you get dropped off by the ship in the beginning and theres nothing there, too much walking or driving to get anywhere, the scenarios were predictable. i found myself using cheat codes to liven things up, Halo wasnt for me. and at 50 bucks i expected more.
    Deus Ex and the Fallout series ive had the most fun with.
    Last edited by kyle102565; 10-30-2011 at 09:08 AM.

User Info Menu

halo has cheats? lol

User Info Menu

How about MINECRAFT?!!?!

Haha it's mindless, but I like the creative freedom.

- Mapex Meridian Maple Studioease - Sabian Xs20 - Paiste Alpha -

User Info Menu

Just picked up Arkham City and 2 copies of Battlefield 3 (one for me one for my teen son). Haven't played either yet, but Adam says Arkham is sick.

Bored with CoD at this point, so not planning on getting MW3. I've read it's mostly a rehash and not worth it.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle